Have the wannabe mods accused you yet?

Chocobodude0

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they asked me dumb questions like that too many times... like a lvl 120 with fire cape comes in when i was training prayer at ecto... he asked me how to crunsh bones :s, but you need a verry good program st answer those questions (if you was n autoer...) :|

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

yes, its like every time i put out lit cigarettes on my bare chest while i cut magic logs some1 asks me if im autoing. and i respond with a yes indeed.

Same here, they hate that answer.

I think i'll become a wanna-be-mod, not enough people hate me in rs yet :(

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either

a fool or a coward.

Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law

is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant:

"If I live, I will kill you, If I Die, you are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honor.

Show some respect to the mods, they help the RS society in their own playing time, I don't think you do that at all... There are no wannabe mods, unless they have no crown.

i really dont think this is about pmods originally, its about people who report excessively to make them look good in jagexs eyes or to get a pmodness soon/ever.

however, pmods are a help to rs i agree with what you say, but really ive seen pmods who are dumb and anger me, then ive seen helpful ones, really its about maturity, Pmod or Fmod maybe even Jmod, if they not smart/mature, well i wont go so far to say ruin this game, but ill say they will not better this game.

oh, and when i say smart i dont mean doing calculus your freshman year of highschool i mean, ability to comprehend reading and writing effectively. and theirs more people who cant actually do that then you would assume on RS

Perhaps we shouldn't be calling them "wannabe mods" but "kiddy mods" instead.

Of the many people I meet, I often help them with quests and answer their questions such as where's a good place to train a particular skill etc. I'm not a mod, I don't claim to be a mod but one of these people on my friends list said I should be a mod. I told him "thanks for the compliment" and I told him I'd be honored to be selected by Jagex as a mod.

There are players out there who are not mods but are very knowledgable players and are willing to type out a few messages to answer other player's queries. These people should not be classified as "wannabe mods" as well since this would be very insulting to players who genuinely wish to help others become better players.

Now, the "kiddy mods". I've derived this moniker from "kiddy scripters" aka amateur hackers with a small tool that they've found from an online source and do not understand the capabilities of the tool that they've obtained. We can say the same with the "kiddy mods" as players that do not understand the responsibilities of a player mod and are simply fooling themselves into thinking that if they report as many players as possible, they would be selected by Jagex and become a mod.

That's my rant/two-cents.

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Knowledge is Power; a Tip.it guide answers many commonly asked questions.

~Celestrana: Making of a Hero ~ (Visit my blog, today!)

oh, and when i say smart i dont mean doing calculus your freshman year of highschool i mean, ability to comprehend reading and writing effectively. and theirs more people who cant actually do that then you would assume on RS

Perhaps Jagex should have a team in their company to do behaviour/personality profiling before "hiring" a player as a player mod. This will help filter out immature players somehow becoming mods.

Edit: I've just noticed that I made two consecutive posts and they both start with "Perhaps.."

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

i was arguing with some guy about acount sharing (he said to me that this was his friends account he was on) and after some time he starts swearing and so i report him for acount sharing cause i was fed up with him (cause of the cursing) and then when i explain i reported him and why he gets more angry (thats normal) and so i say that (and this is the excat quote): jagex wil do with the report as they see. wel and he reported me for jagex impersanation and pasword scamming and after that he started getting angry even more and acedentily confessing more things wich he did wrong and his friend did and his own acount name so i report him for al those things and now he is no more and im happy.

(btw the reports he made resulted in my permanent banning with the appeals first unsucceful and after 3 weeks when i askd costumer support and explaind i was unband and now im perfectly clean of black marks to

i was arguing with some guy about acount sharing (he said to me that this was his friends account he was on) and after some time he starts swearing and so i report him for acount sharing cause i was fed up with him (cause of the cursing) and then when i explain i reported him and why he gets more angry (thats normal) and so i say that (and this is the excat quote): jagex wil do with the report as they see. wel and he reported me for jagex impersanation and pasword scamming and after that he started getting angry even more and acedentily confessing more things wich he did wrong and his friend did and his own acount name so i report him for al those things and now he is no more and im happy.

(btw the reports he made resulted in my permanent banning with the appeals first unsucceful and after 3 weeks when i askd costumer support and explaind i was unband and now im perfectly clean of black marks to

Congrats! Another "n00b" bites the dust. :thumbsup:

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

I think it would help a lot more if jagex just put up a message saying "youre not going to become a mod by reporting 20 people a day. Get over it."

Probably save them a lot of time reading through reports too.

I wouldn't doubt if i've been reported 1 or 2 times before cause those wannabe mods are always lame and find absolutely anything to try and report you. >.

----Retired Runescape Player 1/13/07-----

How do you think Wieldy Duck got banned for marcoing? Slient skilling (private chat off)

I liked the silence.. bleh whatever

I now have chat on hide, so it doesnt clutter my chat window, so Win win situation I guess

Since the playermod group was realised alot of kids think it's abright idea to go report happy <.<

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

Personally I think they should abolish the pmod system. That way stuff like this would not be a problem as much. The cons for the pmod system out wiegh the pros.

If people could learn to control their mouths (sarcasm or no) they you don't need to worry about bans.

it would be so much more effective to make wanna be mod behavior reportable...

I support

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

Perhaps we shouldn't be calling them "wannabe mods" but "kiddy mods" instead.

Of the many people I meet, I often help them with quests and answer their questions such as where's a good place to train a particular skill etc. I'm not a mod, I don't claim to be a mod but one of these people on my friends list said I should be a mod. I told him "thanks for the compliment" and I told him I'd be honored to be selected by Jagex as a mod.

There are players out there who are not mods but are very knowledgable players and are willing to type out a few messages to answer other player's queries. These people should not be classified as "wannabe mods" as well since this would be very insulting to players who genuinely wish to help others become better players.

I'm one of thpse, I mean I haven't done quest people ask me about and I still go to tip it's guides to help them!

Now, the "kiddy mods". I've derived this moniker from "kiddy scripters" aka amateur hackers with a small tool that they've found from an online source and do not understand the capabilities of the tool that they've obtained. We can say the same with the "kiddy mods" as players that do not understand the responsibilities of a player mod and are simply fooling themselves into thinking that if they report as many players as possible, they would be selected by Jagex and become a mod.

That's my rant/two-cents.

I throw in my cash on that too I'm the same way

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

oops double post my bad

It has gotten so bad that when I don't answer EVERY SINGLE question or remark within 5 seconds someone automatically thinks I'm either an autoer or muted. Ironically this always happens when I enter a dungeon or a general training area. I've been reported dozens of times for these false claims. Thankfully Jagex still have humans working behind their customer support, not trained monkeys. :roll:

dontfearthereaper2.png

It has gotten so bad that when I don't answer EVERY SINGLE question or remark within 5 seconds someone automatically thinks I'm either an autoer or muted. Ironically this always happens when I enter a dungeon or a general training area. I've been reported dozens of times for these false claims. Thankfully Jagex still have humans working behind their customer support, not trained monkeys. :roll:

lol

Andus-Sig-1.jpg

Ppl very rarely bug me. I'm surprised to see ppl are still getting bugged that way o_O haha ppl must be affraid to talk to me.

2480+ total

so many people are pathetic and think that reports = mod status. But, as long as they are good reports, that's great. Personally wanna-be mods can't really do much damage to me unless I was actually doing something that was illegal (not that I would).

Trust me, being a mod isn't that great when you get sieged by 1000 questions :P

safari20hat11.jpg

We should euthanize anyone who lacks the capability to contribute to society in any way.

Please don't elect this man for president in 2012