Have the wannabe mods accused you yet?

Chocobodude0

It has gotten so bad that when I don't answer EVERY SINGLE question or remark within 5 seconds someone automatically thinks I'm either an autoer or muted. Ironically this always happens when I enter a dungeon or a general training area. I've been reported dozens of times for these false claims. Thankfully Jagex still have humans working behind their customer support, not trained monkeys. :roll:

are you shure about that??... the monkeys can press a few buttons...

1: we know you where in control of your account at that time

2: we're sorry, but we can't answer your request now, please try later..

3: you're lucky, it seems like you can have your account back (this button is really small)

Scherzo.png

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Notice that those who stay away from woodcutting, fishing, mining, and combat training are almost never encountered by wannabe mods :D

I get the feeling that in runecrafting, it's very hard to macro.

lalalasig2.png

The biggest problem I've seen was that people are going report crazy and missing the issues... It's quality over quantity when it comes to reports. The peoples who go report crazy normally don't end up as pmods anyway. And on the issue of pmods, people that use to be really helpful (ie advice, direction help, etc.) just got that nice feeling when they helped someone, but after they become a pmod everyone they help tries to cling to them beyond reason.... (personal experience).

But then again just thinking about it with all the rules that people have to make inferences to report there can't be much to do but just report and not make a big deal about it.

That's what I can think about it... for the moment anyway.

Sc.png

so many people are pathetic and think that reports = mod status. But, as long as they are good reports, that's great. Personally wanna-be mods can't really do much damage to me unless I was actually doing something that was illegal (not that I would).

Trust me, being a mod isn't that great when you get sieged by 1000 questions :P

(instant agreement)

it's quite funny, "how to become a mod" is one of the top 10 things searched on the KB

most of the wannabes are the ones that go corrupt anyway, and that's where the bad sise of the mod image comes in

Well, I'm chillin' at the jellies, got my hopes high on a clue scroll (And a robin or third age piece :D ), and a guy (Who I unfortunatly can't name -.- ) come in. Things are fine for about 10 minutes, then he asks me "Where are the abbysal demons?". It seemed kinda weird for this guy to ask that (He was level 101), so it was pretty obvious: He was throwing me questions that a macro wouldn't be able to answer. I answerd of course, the slayer tower. He keeps on asking me questions with very obvious answers (Like "Does dhide work well against the jellies?"), and i kept answering. He then goes, "Auto fighter?", and like I thought, he thought I was a macro. I then went off on him, and he reported me (Which won't do him much good, I didn't swear, trick the chat filter, etc. etc.).

So, has this ever happened to you? Without really much of a fighting point, has somebody ever accused you of macroing? I just wanna see if I'm the only one. :?

when i dont awnser noob beggers.

0mfg0rz.png

IM A RC PKER 4 LIFE

Perhaps we shouldn't be calling them "wannabe mods" but "kiddy mods" instead.

Of the many people I meet, I often help them with quests and answer their questions such as where's a good place to train a particular skill etc. I'm not a mod, I don't claim to be a mod but one of these people on my friends list said I should be a mod. I told him "thanks for the compliment" and I told him I'd be honored to be selected by Jagex as a mod.

There are players out there who are not mods but are very knowledgable players and are willing to type out a few messages to answer other player's queries. These people should not be classified as "wannabe mods" as well since this would be very insulting to players who genuinely wish to help others become better players.

I'm one of thpse, I mean I haven't done quest people ask me about and I still go to tip it's guides to help them!

Now, the "kiddy mods". I've derived this moniker from "kiddy scripters" aka amateur hackers with a small tool that they've found from an online source and do not understand the capabilities of the tool that they've obtained. We can say the same with the "kiddy mods" as players that do not understand the responsibilities of a player mod and are simply fooling themselves into thinking that if they report as many players as possible, they would be selected by Jagex and become a mod.

That's my rant/two-cents.

I throw in my cash on that too I'm the same way

I perfer the term Script Kiddies :mrgreen:

I also do the same. The other day while killing Kalaphite (for slayer) Some lower levels came down to kill some also. They both had differnt tasks and didn't know where on earth to find them.

I searched Tips beastairy and found both the monsters. The description of the location for one of the two monsters was much more complicated, so I had to answer further questions/give extra information.

I don't mind lending a helping hand to someone who is polite and has common curtosy.

Kids that run up saying "Wh3r3 r B1g b1gg m0ns73rs @?" I genrally ignore due to the fact that they don't take the time to form a proper sentence, so I don't feel the need to responde

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

I've been reported for autoing while lagging. :evil:

Than there was the one where I was reading TIF...

Noob: Yo 64 where do I kill Monkeys

Noob: I report u

Noob: REported for autoin u autoey auto

Me: Oh, did you want something?

I reported for mis-use of customer support. :P

Luigisig.png

All I've done lately is wc (going for 99 from 75... got 89 so far :thumbsup: ), but I haven't seen a single wannabe mod in a while (except for that one who started questioning my lvl 3 character (who has 80wc), on a f2p world, with probably 10 other lvl 3's and 4's around :-k ).

I (along with many others) don't like to talk much when skilling. I, for one, look at these forums while I wc (I'm wcing right now as I type this message), and rarely pay much atention (although I always have a clear view of the game, since I use my laptop for viewing the forums and my desktop computer for playing RS :thumbsup: ).

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

Of the many people I meet, I often help them with quests and answer their questions such as where's a good place to train a particular skill etc. I'm not a mod, I don't claim to be a mod but one of these people on my friends list said I should be a mod. I told him "thanks for the compliment" and I told him I'd be honored to be selected by Jagex as a mod.

There are players out there who are not mods but are very knowledgable players and are willing to type out a few messages to answer other player's queries. These people should not be classified as "wannabe mods" as well since this would be very insulting to players who genuinely wish to help others become better players.

Now, the "kiddy mods". I've derived this moniker from "kiddy scripters" aka amateur hackers with a small tool that they've found from an online source and do not understand the capabilities of the tool that they've obtained. We can say the same with the "kiddy mods" as players that do not understand the responsibilities of a player mod and are simply fooling themselves into thinking that if they report as many players as possible, they would be selected by Jagex and become a mod.

I agree,

I know two people that have been selected as pmods and they havent reported 1 person.

Im not sure reporting people actually gives you a better chance :ohnoes:

signk8.png

i dont get reported for autoing by these wanna-be-mods (or kiddy mod like the one above said), because i do talk alot and in fact i talk too much that i got many of these kids report me for "offensive language"... such as "lol" and "lmao"

Accused for autoer/reported for it: Maybe hundreads of times

Black marks: None

Just because I rarely talk to anyone when doing something boring like spinning flax or training wc, fishing and such. :P I usually just watch tv or check forums and stuff while playing. Clearly Jagex can see from the data that I'm not macroing.

Maybe the main reason why some ppl aka kids aka wbmods like to report much and everyone is that it makes you a pmod. :-k Odd system if I may say.

Rsn: Onauric Combat: 136 Total: 2150+

All quests done since: 3rd December 2005

I have stopped counting how many people have called my skill pure a bot and how many times I have been reported. -.-

Meridithila.png

Meridithila.png

The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI.

First Dragon Drop 5/6/2006 -Dragon Med from Bronze Dragon :D

First Barrows Item From Chest 2/20/2007 - Verac's Brassard :D

Well, I'm chillin' at the jellies, got my hopes high on a clue scroll (And a robin or third age piece :D ), and a guy (Who I unfortunatly can't name -.- ) come in. Things are fine for about 10 minutes, then he asks me "Where are the abbysal demons?". It seemed kinda weird for this guy to ask that (He was level 101), so it was pretty obvious: He was throwing me questions that a macro wouldn't be able to answer. I answerd of course, the slayer tower. He keeps on asking me questions with very obvious answers (Like "Does dhide work well against the jellies?"),

Around about here I'd start accusing him of account trading. A level 101 not knowing that? He just bought that account! :P Wouldn't report him though.

and i kept answering. He then goes, "Auto fighter?", and like I thought, he thought I was a macro. I then went off on him, and he reported me (Which won't do him much good, I didn't swear, trick the chat filter, etc. etc.).

So, has this ever happened to you? Without really much of a fighting point, has somebody ever accused you of macroing? I just wanna see if I'm the only one. :?

I have been accused of macroing many a time, mainly because I find making inane small talk with annoying 13 year old's beneath me.

And I find the mentality of 'many accurate (if forced and manipulated) reports will get me Pmod status!' to be flawed. I am not a Pmod, I shall make that clear, nor do I want to be. But I can tell with a reasonable degree of certainty that Jagex respects me more than the 'normal' players. Any queries I send in get answered within a matter of days rather than months, the few reports I do send in get taken care of swiftly, and the bug reports I have sent in have always been answered (despite Jagex's claims that they very rarely respond directly to bug reports). Somehow, because I have kept my communications with Jagex sensible and above board, they seem keen to do the same.

Of course, it could also help that I'm applying for the programming placement with them through my Uni course... :-w

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

On my Skiller who's level 30, I wc with chat off, and When I turn it on-

Avsflyer is a autobot!

No way!

YEH!

-.-

Coandca5.png

99Defence.png99Hitpoints.png99Range.png99Attack.png99Strength.png

I'm one of thpse, I mean I haven't done quest people ask me about and I still go to tip it's guides to help them!

I throw in my cash on that too I'm the same way

I perfer the term Script Kiddies :mrgreen:

I also do the same. The other day while killing Kalaphite (for slayer) Some lower levels came down to kill some also. They both had differnt tasks and didn't know where on earth to find them.

I searched Tips beastairy and found both the monsters. The description of the location for one of the two monsters was much more complicated, so I had to answer further questions/give extra information.

I don't mind lending a helping hand to someone who is polite and has common curtosy.

Kids that run up saying "Wh3r3 r B1g b1gg m0ns73rs @?" I genrally ignore due to the fact that they don't take the time to form a proper sentence, so I don't feel the need to responde

"Script kiddies", that was the term!

I agree with the language butchering. It's not difficult to translate "1337 speak" to English but it is so annoying! I always bust the "1337 speaker's" chops for butchering the language and I would post grammatical corrections or spelling corrections. Of course, some of these kids simply ignore my messages and continue the butchering.

The overuse of instant messaging shorthand is a problem that K-12 teachers have reported a few years ago. Although I cannot provide a reference, I believe some of you can agree to this point.

PS: K-12 is kindergarten to grade 12 for those who don't know. I don't believe kindergarten kids know about instant messaging but it's a problem observed from pre-secondary teachers.

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Knowledge is Power; a Tip.it guide answers many commonly asked questions.

~Celestrana: Making of a Hero ~ (Visit my blog, today!)

I have been like Macro Checked by some noob. Like he ran up, tried to trade and then left. I hate the Kiddy Mods, they think by some how wasting my time, it is going to make Runescape more enjoyable.

If I was offered a PMod spot, I would tell Jagex to shove it (Not in those words :P)

av33318.png

no, but i've cme close...

it's only cause i wanna concentrate on what i'm doing and i don't want to anawer the stupidest questions from n00bs like how much i paid for my ghostly robes :roll:

yodaxq1.jpg

There's no such thing as "wireless." Just really long extension cords.

no, but i've cme close...

it's only cause i wanna concentrate on what i'm doing and i don't want to anawer the stupidest questions from n00bs like how much i paid for my ghostly robes :roll:

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the ghostly robes untradable?

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Knowledge is Power; a Tip.it guide answers many commonly asked questions.

~Celestrana: Making of a Hero ~ (Visit my blog, today!)