RuneScape en français ! 10-déc-2008

Bier

I was going to play Runescape when I noticed a French flag right under the banner and I found this article:

Avis à tous les francophones !

RuneScape est désormais entièrement disponible en français ! Nous sommes heureux de vous proposer une version intégralement traduite du jeu.

Venez découvrir le monde de Gielienor et tous ses habitants dans la langue de Molière.

Im not really sure what it says, but it seems like Runescape finally has been translated into French. I tried to load the game but it didnt work yet, the forums do though. Try it out here http://www.runescape.com/l=2/

Notice to all francophones!

RuneScape is now fully available in French! We are pleased to offer a translated version of the game

Discover the world of Gielienor and all its inhabitants in the language of Moliere.

namnlskopia.jpg

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations all French people! I noticed that all the featured articles are different in the French version for some reason.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Lol, it's obvious that Jagex choose their languages based on the countries that are the most stubborn in learning a foreign language.

yeah...they started with english...

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Lol, it's obvious that Jagex choose their languages based on the countries that are the most stubborn in learning a foreign language.

Actually the British are the worst linguists :D

Cool, runescape in french :P

Essayons, je vous dis!

DERBO_PK.png

nice.jpg

derbo_pk.png

Jagex = English. Weird huh?

If that was the case, we'd have American English first.

Funny, those little British-American fights. Point is that both languages differ only a small bit, so it'd be weird to release a total new version of the game with minor aspects changed from British to American or vice versa.

Also, English is accepted as "the" mondial language. Something the French and the Germans generally refuse to accept.

Jagex = English. Weird huh?

Funny, those little British-American fights. Point is that both languages differ only a small bit, so it'd be weird to release a total new version of the game with minor aspects changed from British to American or vice versa.

Also, English is accepted as "the" mondial language. Something the French and the Germans generally refuse to accept.

ever heard a germman talking english?

:twss:

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

I'm pretty surprised by their choice of German and French before Spanish, Portuguese or Chinese. Those are spoken by a far more people then French or German. Especially Chinese will probably have a massive impact. (Yes, I know there are loads of different kind of Chinese languages besides Mandarin, but they're all nearly the same in writing.)

Owh and I don't think they will release a Dutch version (it'd be awesome though). Dutch can speak English pretty good and it's spoken nowhere besides Holland and Flanders.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Being a french-canadian, I also thought Jagex would have pushed a spanish version before.

I wonder what will happen to the the unilingual english speakers when China takes over and impose it's language as the mondial language. Would they refuse to accept also? Don't dismiss this as unrealistic, it's a possibility.

Just saying you're generalising a lot.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

I'm pretty surprised by their choice of German and French before Spanish, Portuguese or Chinese. Those are spoken by a far more people then French or German. Especially Chinese will probably have a massive impact. (Yes, I know there are loads of different kind of Chinese languages besides Mandarin, but they're all nearly the same in writing.)

Their player base probably has more French and German speakers than Spanish or Poruguese. And Chinese players generally prefer more grinding-based games, I very rarely see a Chinese player.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Their player base probably has more French and German speakers than Spanish or Poruguese. And Chinese players generally prefer more grinding-based games, I very rarely see a Chinese player.

RS not a grinding game? LOL. And you have to realize, it's practically on the other side of the world (depending on where you live), so they won't play on time you'd normal play on.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Where did that generalization come from? Really uncalled for, biased, and rude.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000