RuneScape en français ! 10-déc-2008

Bier

Is a Frech version really needed? Their english is good enough, isn't it?

What about a Spanish or Chinese (?) version?

The French usually blow in English. I've been to France numerous times, and even in the most touristic areas, they don't speak any English. Quite shocking to be honest. That's probably also the reason they're releasing a French version. To attract French players. People that don't understand the English language will be less inclined to play Runescape.

And what about a Dutch version? I guess it will never come (wich is a good thing, imo, because RS in dutch looks stupid :mrgreen: )

Allthough most Dutch players have a very bad sense of English grammar and spelling, they do understand most of the English, and are thus able to play the game in English. There's not much for Jagex to gain in releasing a Dutch version.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The French usually blow in English. I've been to France numerous times, and even in the most touristic areas, they don't speak any English. Quite shocking to be honest. That's probably also the reason they're releasing a French version. To attract French players. People that don't understand the English language will be less inclined to play Runescape.

And what about a Dutch version? I guess it will never come (wich is a good thing, imo, because RS in dutch looks stupid :mrgreen: )

Allthough most Dutch players have a very bad sense of English grammar and spelling, they do understand most of the English, and are thus able to play the game in English. There's not much for Jagex to gain in releasing a Dutch version.

Who cares why people hate you? This isn't a topic to discuss which languages deserve a translation.

And just so you know, France isn't the only country where people speak French.

Who cares why people hate you?

Wait, what? Did you actually read my post?

This isn't a topic to discuss which languages deserve a translation.

Once again, did you read my post? You're kinda totally missing the point.

And just so you know, France isn't the only country where people speak French.

Oh really. Nice meaningless random comment there.

Un-needed update imo. Runescape taught me english and I think it would be good for younger french/german players to learn english the same way I did. Sure, I learned english a bit in school but, the most important part come from runescape, listening to movie with english subtitles and also reading book in english. My english is not perfect (yet :P ) but it will be usefull in the future if I want to travel in any country who speaks english as their first languages. An advantage not many younger people will have. ;)

oie_080707215636np9.png

Un-needed update imo. Runescape taught me english and I think it would be good for younger french/german players to learn english the same way I did. Sure, I learned english a bit in school but, the most important part come from runescape, listening to movie with english subtitles and also reading book in english. My english is not perfect (yet :P ) but it will be usefull in the future if I want to travel in any country who speaks english as their first languages. An advantage not many younger people will have. ;)

I'm learning French the same way you learned English. :) So just think of all those people from non-French-speaking countries who want to visit one. Give us a chance. :P

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

The light at the end of the tunnel is the demon-infested lava pit.

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

vo = broken ice cream cone = sad children = sad babies = dead babies

bluehooloovo = sadwho100deadbabies = Who is sad about 100 dead babies?

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

all germans ive ever met speak good english :? and ive met alot of em..... even if they like the language or not

besides french and german players are quite rare so i think they trying to do the languages wich would give them more players more then trying to make it easier for the ones who already play

v49y88.png

I just want to walk around in full mime+beret.

But yeah, should be cool, might pick up some french, i see no reason why not to bring these worlds out.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Viva La Revolucion!

That's Spanish #-o

Anyways, sweet sweet stuff.

[Edit] Hey, I'm a Varrock Guard... Wasn't aware of that.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I want Spanish

Spanish comes from the deep bowels of hell.

Mainly because Im barely passing it as a course.

Good to see french is out. Maybe a russian version would be good, Iv always wanted to learn that.

Once Im out of spanish, Ill start playing hardcore german or french, dont know yet, but Ill play and attempt to learn how to speak the language.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

The problem with many people studying a language (and why they suck at it) is they never spend any time in that language outside of class.

Anyway, I see this as being beneficial not only to French players (it's more enjoyable to play a game in your native language), but for those that are learning French. Yeah, 5% of the vocabulary used is going to be Runescape specific, but that other 95% will carry over to other areas.

For those of you that use Runescape for learning French and German, make sure you're listening to music in that language, and watching TV shows and movies in that language (with that language subtitles on if possible).

Now if only they'll do a Japanese version of Runescape, I'll be set (come on Jagex, Japan is the second largest economy in the world with the second largest online presence).

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Now if only they'll do a Japanese version of Runescape, I'll be set (come on Jagex, Japan is the second largest economy in the world with the second largest online presence).

second largest would be china

lcchs.png

lcchs.png

Is a Spanish version really needed? Is a Chinese version really needed? [/copypasta]

Not all of us can speak one language, JaGeX just wants to expand it's languages, and it seems to me that they are starting with languages in Europe.

(The French is Europian, no?)

Viva La Revolucion!

That's... that's spanish, LOL!

big fail, kthxbai

It's also French

lrnurhistory

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg