Tip.it Times Presents: Ranging to Make Ends Meet

n_odie

Hi all!

This week's Tip.it Times article is Ranging to Make Ends Meet by Necromagus.

I am a ranger. Certainly not a master of putting sharp objects in vicious monsters from a safe distance, but skilled enough to put an arrow between the shoulder blades of a fleeing goblin from two hundred feet away. My choice of combat style came from a severe allergy to blunt, sharp or pointy things being swung in my general direction, and the fact that I look silly wearing a pointy hat. So I walk the lands with bow in hand...

>>>Ranging to Make Ends Meet<<<

~odie

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good read :D . I've found that, although I don't depend on it for a source of income (i use skilling for that) I enjoy killing things. Sometimes I melee them, but usually I enjoy ranging lesser demons, and blue drags (I'd recommend those over green drags, but they're so crowded :| ) I was always able to make a little profit, since I made my own ammo. Right now, I'm trying to find a way to make the occasional black demon trip. Keep up the good work!

Ps: SirHartlar, He wasn't risking the glory, that was one of the three items he would keep if he died.

ae84735921.png

Porsche: It's supposed to go in the rear.

i liked it, thought i was a very interesting read.

i always go over prepared for combat. when i did dragon slayer i have a full inven of swordies and was lvl like 70k cmbt. i killed i in like 3 hits and used no food. :roll:

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

As an avid ranger, I loved this article :D :thumbup: Makes me want to buy full arma and go own something.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

if you are patient, and the area hasn't been changed too much with the recent upheavals in the wilderness, red dragons are even easier to kill than green. there is a spot outside and west of the lava moat surrounding the red dragon island where you can hit one dragon when it wanders close enough.

you will need telegrab runes and to keep an eye out for revanants, but i made quite a lot of red dragonhide armour with dragon hide from there.

well i have a funny story about green dragons

a great way of money making was for me running in and picking up the huge drops that where the leftover steel and once or twice addy full helms or rune daggers!

it was dangerous though as i didnt know what that stupid looking orange shield was and the dragons could one hit my awsome 33 hp #-o

no pkers went for me as i was wearing little and too low to be attacked :wall:

good days...........

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

What a fantastic little story!

:D

It had me on edge all the way. It makes me realise that the low levels really do find the wilderness very daunting. I'm sure I can kill 28 dragons with just a runeplate, shield and whip. maybe a few trout if I get hit often, and I dont ever think of green dragons as a risk (apart from the brutal ones, that is!). I always offer to help lower levels if they look confused or lost, and will continue to do so, as most are very polite and keen to learn.

bigbasher4

BasementJaxx.png

Small array of draconic taunts (including 'your mother has no horns' and 'your father was an oversized gecko').

:lol: Ill try to remember those next time im slaying dragons

Great read, its always nice to hear someones had an adverture out of what alot of people take for granted,

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

Great Read

Good facts, interesting story and well-used language.

Loved how the "Did You Know" was the complete opposite of the text

Creditted the wrong person though :P

But yeah, Ranging is underrated in RS, And I can even feel this in my own clan; we're sort of looking for a bunch of range-focussed cmb people :)

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!