Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Tip.It Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Intriguing

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Intriguing

  1. Art

    Intriguing replied to unorclan's topic in Off-Topic
    I'm sorry but that is not always the case. Whenever I drew I started off mostly tracing stuff when I was 7, and I worked my way up to just drawing other stuff. I never was good at just drawing from memory -- however. For my digital art though, I present this: http://nadril.deviantart.com/art/1337-n ... ee-4189306 This is not even my first thing I ever did, the first is so much worse. However, I went from doing this and -- with work, I now do stuff like this: http://nadril.deviantart.com/art/rEACTOR-pt2-42467920 and my signature. Yeah sure for some lucky people they might have some good artistic creativity built up in them, but not all of us started like that. I'm not saying that those who aren't incredibly naturally gifted can't become good. I'm just disagreeing with the people that say natural ability has very little or nothing to do with it. If that makes sense. I don't know, I just find it hard to believe that the artists who are considered the "greats" started with little natural talent. But then again, I'm not an arty person, I'm much more musical.
  2. Art

    Intriguing replied to unorclan's topic in Off-Topic
    I think saying that being an artist has nothing to do with natural talent is a load of bull. It's just like music, althought it does have to do with practicing and refining your skill, you're allotted an amount of skill in it before you begin. So just like musicians would naturally have good rhythm or sense of melody, artists would have a superior ability to convey what's in their mind onto a page. But yeah, I think what a lot of it comes down to is creativity. What I don't get, though, is why you're bringing having no family into this..
  3. Bill Hicks, Will Ferrell (Yeah yeah, I know he's not stand-up), Dane Cook, Richard Pryor, Mitch Hedberg, George Carlin, and David Cross. That about covers it. But yeah, when it comes to stand-up, all I do is just watch it on YouTube.
  4. Lupe Fiasco - And He Gets the Girl
  5. Elephant Man. I loved that movie, but I never want to see it again. It's too sad. Yeah, other movies, such as the Green mile are pretty sad as well, but for me, Elephant Man takes the prize.
  6. Nokia 6300, got it for Christmas. Absolutely love it.
  7. If I know I'm getting what I want (which this year was a phone), I just ask for pointless yet awesome stuff from everyone else. Pointless things I got this year was a WWE stretchy figurine, toy volcano, and pass the pigs. And the Bach CD's pretty useless. :lol: Now I'm jealous..
  8. Thom Yorke - The Eraser (Album) :)
  9. You say the music that people are calling rock isn't rock, but perhaps you just have a narrow view of rock, only allowing 2 or 3 sub-genres to come under its name. But anyway, I try to appreciate music for what it is rather than its genre. Doesn't always work though..
  10. Joe Pass - On Green Dolphin Street I love this guy..
  11. I'm very happy with my loot this year.. - $80 (Grandparents, Great Aunt) - An "I am Sam" Dr. Suess shirt--My name is Sam (Sister 2) - Pass the Pigs (Sister 2) - Lightning lamp (Brother) - 6300 Nokia + $30 credit (Dad + Mum) - A really nice formal watch (Dad + Mum) - Chocolate (Aunty) - A Bach CD--To be honest, when it comes to classical music, I really don't like composers from the Baroque or Classical periods.. Oh well (Aunty) - A stretchy WWE wrestling figurine (haha?) (Sister 1) - Toy volcano thing (Sister 1) I'm really annoyed though. I ordered two CDs each for everyone, but I decided I'd get them from America. I ordered them on the 1st of December, and they still haven't freaking come. It was kind of annoying not being able to give people presents..
  12. Wow.. people don't look like what I expected for the most part.. Oh well. [hide][/hide] I'm the kid on the right. "Hi my name is ___" stickers are awesome. [hide][/hide] Purple skinny jeans. :) Some time I went bowling. I realyl suck at bowling.
  13. I kind of aspire to be like my brother more than anyone else. I really espect him. I can't say I completely copy him. He's into indie and electronic music. The funny thing is though, that even though he hates metal, he pretty much got me into it in the first place. He's a pretty big athlete, and loves soccer, and although I like soccer, I have the stamina of an 80-year old. Anyway, we're not really alike, but I kind of try to be like him. If that makes sense.
  14. "The intelligent man who investigates the religion of any country without fear and without prejudice will not and cannot be a believer...." Robert Ingersoll (Taken from http://www.religioustolerance.org -- really good site if you want to get an unbiased view of any religion.) In my view, religion is either fuelled by fear or delusion. Or both. That's about it.
  15. Not sure that's the definition of an agnostic buddeh :-s . More like a theist who believes in purely transcendent god(s). Agnostic has a few different meanings. In essence, it is just religious orientation of doubt. But anyway, what I described is, in fact, one of the definitions of Agnosticism. What you said would of been correct had I of said, "I believe that a god exists, however..." However, I said "...it's very likely that a god exists..." If for some reason while saying this I came across as a tool (I'm kind of thinking I did), I'm sorry, as I didn't mean to.
  16. Elffor - Into the Dark Forest (Album) Only just discovered this band. I must say, I'm very impressed. Probably nearing the top of my list of favourite black metal bands.
  17. Lateralus, that's a pretty looking guitar. :o Anyway, I recently got one of these: I decided I'd start to pick up the bass, so I just got a cheapy to start em off. It's alright. When my mum goes to America (cheaper, and better quality in America) to see my sister, I'm gonna get her to buy me one of these: I also won a violin recently, so I'll probably be putting that up later. Worth around AU$2200, so it's not exactly professional quality, but my god, it sounds magnificent.
  18. I'm Agnostic. So, for me, I believe it's very likely that a god(s) exists, however, we have no way of comprehending, understanding, or communicating with it, so I believe it's pointless to worship them.
  19. I went to a Pirates vs. Ninja party the other day. though I seriously don't know which one I go for, I went as a pirate, simply so i could wear make up. :)
  20. Silencer - Death - Pierce me (Album) I have to say, this is some pretty freaking awesome black metal.
  21. "Hey, I don't like this band.. why don't I bitch about them to people who will bag me out!" I can't say that I either like or dislike them. I just don't care about them. But you're a hardcore metal person, so you must be right.
  22. I'm not American, so I can't talk from that perspecitve, but I was pretty shocked by how racist Australians are about it. I mean God, we haven't even had a terrorist attack. I go to a fairly small school (only like 50 people in my grade 12 yeargroup), and, although I'm not a Christian myself, it's a Christian school. The other day, my PCG (Pastoral Care Group--basically half an hour of being preached to) teacher was talking about how "they're" trying to take Christ out of Christmas. Basically, I didn't care, because I think that anyone that thinks that Christmas has anything to do with Christianity, aside from the name, is ignorant. But yeah, it basically ended up being a [bleep]-fest about Muslims. "What? they're trying to build a Muslim school in this country!? Next thing you know we'll all be wearing towels on our heads!" And everyone laughed.. That really made me hate the people in my year.
  23. This is pretty much a brilliant site.
  24. "The hidden sex tapes of (Insert my name), finally revealed!" Yeah.. that'd be weird.
  25. Doesn't take away the fact that this thread is completely pointless. :| Completely pointless, but still awesome. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.