Increased Gem Drops.

Has anyone who has been training on monsters that drop gems for the past few days (since the bracelet update) noticed that they are dropping more? I trained from 60 - 68 defence on Moss Giants, and in this time I got roughly 7 uncut gems from them. So far, on my first trip today, I have 5 already.

I think that Jagex has increased the drop rate of uncut gems...by a lot.

I'm going to be training at Mossies for a while, so I'll do some more experiments.

What do you think? Has anyone else experienced this?

~~Let The Dragon ride again, on the winds of time~~

dragonrebornkr1.jpg

I've always felt as if I'm the only person who can understand the concept of sarcasm on the internet.

There are lots post about Jagex trying to make dragon cheaper, bringing attention to the QK as to get more d chains into circulation..

And gems and d sq left has are in the same drop type I believe..

maybe they are trying to increase the drop rate of the shield :-k

Or what she said :-w (Below)

its probaly all in your head...

I don't think so. I train on Moss Giants a lot, and gem drops are seldom. 5 in one trip is quite a lot to be honest.

dragonrebornkr1.jpg

I've always felt as if I'm the only person who can understand the concept of sarcasm on the internet.

I don't think so. I train on Moss Giants a lot, and gem drops are seldom. 5 in one trip is quite a lot to be honest.

I believe you.....Seems to fit in etc......Why not....I havent been on rs for a while so i wouldnt know

I got about 300k defence xp yesterday and noticed no difference in the rarity of gems.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

And gems and d sq left has are in the same drop type I believe..

maybe they are trying to increase the drop rate of the shield :-k

I got a Left half yesterday :anxious: Anyways it would make sense that they would increase the gem drop rate with all the new jewellery, don't think they did though.

99 Slayer since August 2007.

I got about 300k defence xp yesterday and noticed no difference in the rarity of gems.

Maybe it was just a really lucky run... Other people there at the time were saying that they were getting an awful lot of gems too.

It might have just been a unique bug, like this time when me and 3 other people got back-to-back rune med drops at Lessers.

Oh well, I thought I had just stimbled upon something interesting.

dragonrebornkr1.jpg

For what it's worth I noticed a largish amount of gem drops from Cave horrors yesterday. I've never fought them prior but getting 7 gems in a trip seemed odd at least to me since I very seldom get more than 2 in any given stint of killing things. A change in the drop rate didn't occur to me. I was more annoyed at having to decide what I wanted to keep and what to drop.

tallest.jpeg

571st to 99 Fm Nov. 4 '06 - 315th to 99 Crafting Mar. 3 '07 - 3410th to 99 Fishing Sept. 18 '07

26378th to 99 Cooking Oct. 16 '07 -.- 99 Thieving Dec. 29 '07 - 1343rd to 99 Farming June 5 '08

1807th to 99 Agility Nov. 8 '08 - 3094th to 99 Smithing Feb. 14 '09

2012 total - 91 combat

I agree. :lol:

painfull... 12 saphires and some mossgiants in your head...

i hope they realy increased the drops... i like gems :wink:

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

Has anyone who has been training on monsters that drop gems for the past few days (since the bracelet update) noticed that they are dropping more? I trained from 60 - 68 defence on Moss Giants, and in this time I got roughly 7 uncut gems from them. So far, on my first trip today, I have 5 already.

I'm going to be training at Mossies for a while, so I'll do some more experiments.

That's an interesting observation, although it's been a very long time since i've killed any Moss Giants. Here's some suggestions to help with your experiment:

1. Kill 1000 Moss Giants, using your melee equipment with not gem drop boosting items such as an Amulet of Glory and/or Ring of Wealth

2. Kill 1000 Moss Giants, melee, with one gem/rare drop boosting item such as an Amulet of Glory OR Ring of Wealth

3. Repeat #2 but this time use the other gem/rare boosting item. If you used the Amulet of Glory in #2, use the Ring of Wealth this time.

4. Again kill 1000 Moss Giants, melee, this time using both gem/rare boosting items.

The reason why I'm suggesting that you kill 1000 Moss Giants each time is because a large sample set will help you determine the probability of a gem dropping from a Moss Giant. Also, each setup will help you find out how each gem/rare drop boosting item affects the gem drop rate. By the way, #1 is considered your "control" data set because the gem drop rate will not be influenced by external sources. This will also help you compare results from #2 to #4.

EDIT:

I think the glory only helps gem chances whilst mining. I have noticed an increase in the amounts of uncuts from lesser demons recently.

Ah that's right! Thanks for the clarification.

So to change the experiment parameters, remove the Amulet of Glory and only use #1 for the control set and use a Ring of Wealth for the experiment set. Again, having a very large sample set will increase the accurracy of the drop rate.

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Knowledge is Power; a Tip.it guide answers many commonly asked questions.

~Celestrana: Making of a Hero ~ (Visit my blog, today!)

^I think the glory only helps gem chances whilst mining. I have noticed an increase in the amounts of uncuts from lesser demons recently.

GF TIF.

9 November 2006 - 22 January 2008, when I could no longer stand the painted turd that is the Tip.It community. Only posting in rants.

The answer is definately yes and by about 50% (I keep records of all drops I get).

For example Banshees (which I kill a lot of for their Pure Essence drop). Before the update I got, on average, 1 gem per 100 kills, now I am getting, on average, 2.

That's an interesting observation, although it's been a very long time since i've killed any Moss Giants. Here's some suggestions to help with your experiment:

1. Kill 1000 Moss Giants, using your melee equipment with not gem drop boosting items such as an Amulet of Glory and/or Ring of Wealth

2. Kill 1000 Moss Giants, melee, with one gem/rare drop boosting item such as an Amulet of Glory OR Ring of Wealth

3. Repeat #2 but this time use the other gem/rare boosting item. If you used the Amulet of Glory in #2, use the Ring of Wealth this time.

4. Again kill 1000 Moss Giants, melee, this time using both gem/rare boosting items.

The reason why I'm suggesting that you kill 1000 Moss Giants each time is because a large sample set will help you determine the probability of a gem dropping from a Moss Giant. Also, each setup will help you find out how each gem/rare drop boosting item affects the gem drop rate. By the way, #1 is considered your "control" data set because the gem drop rate will not be influenced by external sources. This will also help you compare results from #2 to #4.

EDIT:

I think the glory only helps gem chances whilst mining. I have noticed an increase in the amounts of uncuts from lesser demons recently.

Ah that's right! Thanks for the clarification.

So to change the experiment parameters, remove the Amulet of Glory and only use #1 for the control set and use a Ring of Wealth for the experiment set. Again, having a very large sample set will increase the accurracy of the drop rate.

One slight problem with this he can't compare drop rates NOW with drop rates lbefore the update (unless he has a time machine) :wall: :lol:

^I think the glory only helps gem chances whilst mining. I have noticed an increase in the amounts of uncuts from lesser demons recently.

I agree..the AoG only increases gems while mining. Frankly, I'm not convinced that the RoW increases the drop rate of gems either.

One slight problem with this he can't compare drop rates NOW with drop rates lbefore the update (unless he has a time machine) :wall: :lol:

Yes, very true but at least we can determine the current drop rate. It's not a total loss. And yes, I realize this data is useless if we can't compare it to the past drop rate. #-o

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Knowledge is Power; a Tip.it guide answers many commonly asked questions.

~Celestrana: Making of a Hero ~ (Visit my blog, today!)

If I'm not mistaken, Jagex has adjusted drops in the past to account for new updates and the subsequent [bleep]e in demand. It's like changing respawn rates when a new quest comes out involving a particular beast.

I'm not saying that's what's going on here, but I do think it's a possibility.

o_knames.png

Maxed total levels

Remaining for Completionist Cape: Livid Farm spell (Borrowed Power)

Jagex has, undoutably increased Gem Drop rates, or else, in theory, gem prices would increase 2 times what they were before, as there are now 2 times more things to make. It is be the same with half-keys.

As a result, drops that are under 400gp will be droped, as people will pick gems in their place. So, mayby we will finaly be able tp go to non-members and buy gems from random people, as they will have more gems.

Wonder what they will do about onx, though.

Let the prices soar?

That's what it takes to be a hero, a little gem

of innocence inside of you that makes you want

to believe that there still exists a right and wrong,

that decency will somehow triumph in the end.

--Lise Hand

I get about 5-8 gems per hunter level now, where before I use to only get coins

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m