Tip.It Times Presents: RuneScape: A game for the young?

Ard_Choille

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

party pooper, trying to get us to realize we're playing a game wich is turning into a kindergarten. :evil: :lol:

anyway yeah there are a lot of childish features in the game. Though we've had some high level updates in the past few months most of the games content is still childish. But does Jages do this to fill their wallets or are they trying to save the game? The question is WILL the younger players keep playing if the game gets high level again? WILL the community get better or will it fall in ruin?

Bottom line will always be Jagex is boss and we can only ask for certain updates.

( make a game wich is like RSC and look how long it lasts )

No offence prankster king, but if you have a problem with the game content, appeal to jagex, and/or quit, don't try to quit and drag a community of players with you.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

No offence prankster king, but if you have a problem with the game content, appeal to jagex, and/or quit, don't try to quit and drag a community of players with you.

good point =D>

( my point in short.... :-w )

I agree with the article. I also liked how you didn't make it drag on, you got the point across and you finished with a question, nice job.

But still I must say, I personally think the positives outnumber the negatives and I enjoy Runescape and as long as I don't pay addictively then its fine for a little enjoyment.

Kaisershami.png

Kaisershami.png

meorkunderscore-1.jpg

The writer talks about RS as if it was meant to be all kiddy, it's not, look at the backstory they put to it :) . Look at all the wars, fighting, and things like that contribute to RS's backstory, if it was "kiddy" they would all just have had a slapfight and ran away ::' . By the way, RS quests are probably the best MMORPG quests out there, many require thought and problem solving, instead of gathering items or just killing monsters for the quest. Yes, Jagex meant the "tip-toe" of the dark wizard to probably be intentionally cheesy, i mean come on! They're summoning a lvl 27 demon, of course they aren't all that big and tough.

I must agree on the holiday item part though, hopefully this year's a bit more exciting, but don't forget the easter ring event :P !

The community is in danger of being overun by noobs and macros, but of course, we shouldn't watch and complain about it. We should help newbs (new players, not to be confused with noobs) get a good start on RS, to prevent Noobification (from lack of experience) and help the community :D . Not to mention slaying macros from time to time :P . So please stop complaining about it and do something to help the RS community, not just ignore it and complain -.- . Also, don't say RSC was better, many have no basepoint so they can't say "oh ok, i'll try to match that standard" <.< .

Sorry 'bout the long post, needed to get my opinion out :wink: .

Why have i heard so much about sigs in messageboards? Who are these sigs? Are they some type of group of people all named sig taking over?

I haven't played RS2 for a long time, certainly not long enough to consider myself 'Old School' (my first holiday event gave me a rubber chicken), but even I have noticed the downturn in the game's challenge and community (and yes I include Tip.It in that /controversy).

I have pretty much gone over to LOTRO full-time in an attempt to escape the 'kiddie' element' and while I have found that, on the whole, it has more of a mature 'old school' feel, I was not a little dismayed to find that 12 year-olds are playing the game - and acting like them.

I don't want to suggest that everyone under 13 is immature and incapable of playing a MMORPG the way it was intended to be played, but the chances of finding a sensible teen player are much lower than the chances of finding a sensible 'twenty-something'+ player, in my experience.

Why is 'common sense' so named, when there is so little of it about?

Welcome to puberty, we've been expecting you.

newsighq9.jpg

READ my post on page 6 afterwards. the devils advocate must be said.

i have to say..... isnt that like the rest of the world? if you havent been to america then you HAVE to just bury your head in your hands because of the chilidish complaints that go on.

lets give you an example:

there is a warning on cigarettes that says THEYRE BAD FOR YOU. any one 21 and older must know the bad part of smoking because of all the ridiculous advertising of anti smoking commercials and how school teaches the health risks of doing it.

every thing is translated in espanol because people cant speak the nacioalidad languas of americana which is engles. (cant read it? neither can i) national language of america english

theres warnings on EVERY PRODUCT YOU BUY except food and water (not including alchoholic berverages)

when you go to a train station/subway station there is an automated message that says: please stand clear of the closing doors please. and it says it at least 3 times. i dont need to tell you the idiocracy in that.

theres directions that come with a remote yet no one seems to read them and says look at all the buttons on this remote i dont even know what half of them do. (every one can relate)

certain electronic devices HAVE to be phrased or shaped a certain way so the person using it doesnt get confused. (cell phone keys tv buttons *power for example* talk) things of that nature

in lunesta (a sleeping aid) there is a warning on it that says MAY CAUSE DROWSIENESS. i rest my case on that.

see these are certain things that yes are a little childish but IF your going to go about and buy/do certain things then you have to deal with the childish things that are going to come with it.

*spelling mistakes were made in english and in spanish :P *

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

Yes YesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes! amen amen amen amen amen amen amen amen amen amen amen amen! down with all this easy yippie nonsense!!!!!!! not the most sophisticated post ever but hey...

Great article with extremely valid points!

That was a good article. Write another editorial.

quoted you btw right down there V

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

Great article with injected humour. Loved the way you put your points across.

I agree with most of the points you mentioned and i couldn't approve more to the miniclip part. It's a winding, downward spiral JaG is getting themselves into. They cannot abandon the younger RS population for fear of losing their $$$. Nor can they abandon the more mature, older RS population because that'll turn the game into something JaG had no intention of having.

I guess the whole thing started when JaG got a lil' greedy and started the member/free thing. Pushing their luck, they decided to attract more players by advertising on sites like miniclip. Alas for them, they made something of a wrong choice and attracted nothing less than a horde of stupid, immature kids.

And there they are now trying to reverse their decision and make right the wrong.

drapit.png

This will turn in another "bash RS" thread.

I did quit RS 2 year ago to come back recently and i tried tons and tons of MMORPG during that 2 year and it was filled with immature young kids too -_-

And im sick and tired of always hearing how RSC was the best thing ever,i played RSC and alot of oldschooler (if they really played RSC) are overrating it,it was filled with tons of immature noobs and scammer too,like noob killing your guard or Knight/Paladin while thieving just to piss you off.

ffs am i the only one here that actually LOVE playing the game?

Stephleref.png

Why I believe RuneScape has declined so much in the way of maturity is the new players are so pandered too. They now have everything handed to them. With the skill tutors, quest help, and the ability to operate completly independent of any community interaction, have left people alone and without learning the proper internet social interaction. I know that my first three (and oldest) friends were from trying to find the way to do a quest, or a skill. But with so much "help," no one is asking questions, or making friends in the process. So really, all this help from Jagex isn't really helping.

It is impossible to exaggerate the unimportance of almost everything.

Well I saw a couple flaws in his arguement. First of all, demon slayer came out way back in rsc, when the community was, as he stated, advanced.

I started playing runescape 6 or so years ago, when I was 10, and runescape was pretty hard for me to pick up, it took me awhile to learn all about it, but that was part of the fun of it. There were no help sites to tell you how to do quests, what weapon was best, how the best way to train was, you had to learn it all on your own/through the game.

Also it matters what community around you acts like. I may have been 10 years old, but everyone around me was 15+ and acting maturer than me, and subconsiously I followed. Its the same for the immature attitudes of players today, they all act that way because they see it is accepted. This unfortunatly is a major cause of scamming, luring, no honour in wildy, etc.

scubanz3.jpg

4972745284559197a18112.gifRsn: Scuba10

For the most part your article, whilst running mainly inside the bounds of truth, points out things that are either known to those with a problem, or issues which lie absent in the minds of ones which the article targets.

It becomes their new ecstasy, as they slowly turn away from the complicated real world. After all, who wants to face the disappointments of Life when they can hide behind a game they can do anything in?

This is completely out of context with the rest of your article, and quite frankly is a wth statement. Why would anyone with a sane mind want to experience a game which is full of life's complications. The whole idea behind a game is to escape from reality, and do things which surpass all physical constraints of this world. It is the ability to step into a foreign environment for your pleasure, whether that be the an intense challenge or waiting around watching a demon die. This article was about the lacking of maturity in runescape, you whined about the absence of blood and gore. Then you come out with this. I indeed feel sorry for you if you experience blood drenched zombies day in day out, and for all your English teachers past and present and any aspirations they may have had.

i agree with most of the points of this article, but i dout jagex will. whats wrong with dumbing down the game to kid-level? yea, they may lose a few older players but they will sttill have most of their players. and while some of the older players may be unhappy, they've still got tons of younger players that love it. since younger players take up the majority of the game, Jagex is gona go for them to make the most money and to make the most ammount of people happy.

now personaly i would make a new section of the game (maby a giant island to the south? :D like half as big as all of runescape is now) that would be very chalenging and rewarding (with blood and gore), but less of just constant clicking. also make it an island so big that it would be almost impossible to map out... at least for a while. a few hidden caves here and there, a few mountains with monsters more dangerous than lv 38 wolves... yea i think it would turn out pretty sweet.

the only problem is, it would take forever to produce that kinda update. so it'll probably never happen. but one can always wish... and maby the new god wars cave will be something like that :P

Snake

whiteknightyu9.png

yeata7.png

won1ew3.png

Snake6man.png

Whats your average lv? viewtopic.php?t=615571&start=0&pos

You know I agree with the article but the bottom in Jagex is a company and need to make money.

Why shouldn't they cater for, as the author put it, there biggest audience slice.

That said I am 26 and do get a bit annoyed with all the kids at times. People who follow you for help on a quest just because I have a quest cape. Is it that hard to to figure out? Is it that hard to find a fan site?.

I've said for a while Runescape need more servers. Part of the members speil on the site is "more room to train more skills" yet recently member worlds have been more crowded at peak times than f2p worlds. Anyway I've rambled a bit, Jagex needs to make some adult servers. Members who pay by Credit Card/Debit card should have a tickbox option to access adult servers where there is no censor, maybe a bit more swearing in quests, blood effects and maybe other graphical differences. This would be like the German servers. As the option would need to be ticked as you make the payment parents could decide if they wanted there kids on these servers so everyone would be happy.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

Brilliant post in my opinion, although i was only 12-13 when i started playing most players back then did know their place, rarely was there a person on that would be so obsessed to fuel the autoeing fire, "this is boring, i'll just get my mom to buy me a couple mill from autoers" and while they were still around they weren't so plentyifull...

The main point of this excellent tip.it times is that the respect between players is no longer there, unless your like level 110 with as much money as most people would ever need and decent stats, you get no respect. A lvl 3 is a no-good noob, in todays game people think its just and autoer or pure(99.999 percent are nowadays) and zezima or any other high level is just someone with no life. People just see other people as npcs, not players who enjoy and play the game the same way they do.

Can I point out that the demon slayer quest came out loooong before rs2 even came out. So thats his argument fallen down on that part.

yeah, but it was heavily tweeked after the realease of rs2, with all the new clips and stuff its just nerdy

You know I agree with the article but the bottom in Jagex is a company and need to make money.

Why shouldn't they cater for, as the author put it, there biggest audience slice.

That said I am 26 and do get a bit annoyed with all the kids at times. People who follow you for help on a quest just because I have a quest cape. Is it that hard to to figure out? Is it that hard to find a fan site?.

I've said for a while Runescape need more servers. Part of the members speil on the site is "more room to train more skills" yet recently member worlds have been more crowded at peak times than f2p worlds. Anyway I've rambled a bit, Jagex needs to make some adult servers. Members who pay by Credit Card/Debit card should have a tickbox option to access adult servers where there is no censor, maybe a bit more swearing in quests, blood effects and maybe other graphical differences. This would be like the German servers. As the option would need to be ticked as you make the payment parents could decide if they wanted there kids on these servers so everyone would be happy.

jagex will never realise adult servers, and as for making more members servers, jagex wont make more untill their bulging at the sides, servers cost big money, which makes you wonder why there are more f2p servers, more less crowded member servers would be a draw to f2p players

I couldn't disagree more with the article. Now I may have only been around for a few years, but I think that is long enough for me to give an unbiased opinion.

I don't mean to flame or insult, but it's you people, the author and those who agree with him, who are REALLY making the game worse for players like me who just want to have fun, but also be in community areas like this. All you seem to do is point out the flaws and ignore the things you actually enjoy about the game. One persons complaint will reach out to another, who will reach out to another, and eventually there's a riot of complaints.

Yes, JaGeX has made the game more suitable for kids. But that does not by any means make it a kids game where everything is easy and handed to you. All the things that made it great before are in fact still around (minus, of course, whatever community there was, which I have heard different opinions on). You want that noob to shut up while you mine, turn off your chat. See an autoer, report it, it really does help! Don't become a nooby kid or a kiddy noob just because you hate them.

On a side note, stop calling JaGeX greedy. They had to implement pay-to-play or they may have had to shut the game down. And while they are in no way obliged to update, they do anyway, sometimes big and sometimes small, so wait your turn for your update and stop complaining!

I know I will be flamed for this, but, really, that helps my point. RuneScape is made worse by those who choose to not let it be good.

Ask not what your community can do for you, but what you can do for your community. There may not be much, but support can go a very long way. All I hope for is that I reach out to some of you.