Lightning leaves the building

Lightning

Mind sharing with us what actually happened? Unless it is THAT terrible... then I wouldn't mind you keeping it a secret.

Never knew ya, but when a good person, and apparently an amazing administrator, leaves it's always sad. :?

Bye bye...

Mudkipz.jpg

Mmm... Mudkipz...

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Until a little while ago I knew you where an important administrator, but I never knew just how important you where. It amazed me when I found out the full stories of you and Silverion bulding Tip.It. Although I don't know you personally, I feel like I do from all I've seen.Thank you for everything you've done, because without you I would not have had this experience on Tip.it.

You are one of the people who created Tip it, and although you are not technically the founder, Tip.It would not have been the same without you. You should look at Tip.It with pride because you take too little credit, you will be missed. It is understandable that you want to move on, and I believe everyone would agree that you are truly a remarkable person. Good luck with what you are doing in Real Life, and have I know you will achieve even greater things. :)

Even though you may think you are leaving, Tip.it will never truly be without you. The work you have done here will always stay with us.

Bye Lighning. :cry:

Guide to Everything Fletching XBL: Karmastocracy

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

* Sits on a mossy rock with a notebook in hand, observing the behavior of the specimens dubbed "Fanboys"

~

"Even when the odds are against you, even when the chance of victory is bleak and your situation looks hopeless, take a look at the horizon, and think back to what you have learned. You'll be filled with the confidence to take on the world."

I never really knew you, bt I definitely knew of you, although I suppose everyone does. Were there a spuer-admin, you'd be one. You've done loads for these boards, and you're breaking hearts by leaving us, bt we understand. (At least I do... Really can't say the same for everyone, you might jst be breaking their hearts for no reason apparent.)

Goodbye.

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

Bye bye :( .

If it hadn't been for you and all the things that you've created/helped create, I would've quit RuneScape a long, long time ago... Major props to you man and good luck with whatever you're doing in life. I know you'll succeed =D> !

sig-4504.jpg

^ Refresh for a new signature ^

090125180013cc9.png

maria!

after our last chat i kinda am not surprised by this.

take care in life ok?

and if you feel like giving me your new irc home feel free to msn/pm me it ok?

take care of your boys, and your health ok?

wish life treats you well. thank you for the great chats we had in irc,(fun times heh)

and i will happily kick vid/rba for you any time you wish hehe :mrgreen:

lots of love- liz

Runescape nick : Fat_Slug

Owner of Ears, Scythe and a 10 year veteran cape :D

Oh, wow, Maria - this is sad to hear. It's a good thing I pop in once in a blue moon. ;)

You've been a friend of mine from the start back in 2001, for the most part. It's always nice to catch up with you every so often.

Being in the Wanderers with you back in the day was a blast. One of my favourite eras from when I played this game. Our whole crew back in those early times wouldn't have been as complete without you.

If this ends up being the last time we speak, I'd like to thank you for being a part of those good memories. :)

-GregEchidna

Third player in RuneScape to 99 attack, strength, defense and hitpoints.

Maria,

It saddens me deeply to see you go out like this, but I trust you know in your heart how to make it right.

You're someone I will always admire and respect, and like I told you when I stepped down from the team, I base my admiration and respect on your character, not by what you did on the game.

You will not be forgotten in a hurry.

Leon

Dear Maria,

You already know how I feel about this. :cry:

I'll keep it short here, and say that you deserve everything good in life. And here, you deserve a huge

THANKS

for your work, passion and personality.

Thanks for showing me trust, and for being the one who welcomed me into staff. Will miss you in IRC.

Hugs,

Lai.

P.S. If you send the Shut up kick to me, I will use it on Vidi in your honour. <3:

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

Incredible. I didn't think I'd be around to see one of you leave Tip.It, although admittedly it is something that's inevitable when you hang around a game and a game fansite for as long as you have.

I don't know what happened, but I wish you the best of luck in the future. I never got to know you nor speak to you much, which is something I truly regret, but I've seen what you've done for this website and I nor anyone else will not forget it.

Clear skies (Pern reference>),

- Faelenof

Faelenof.jpeg

Pixel Artist - Former Player Mod - Former Tip.It Mod

Not taking sig requests - sorry!

Good bye, Lightning. I never really got to know you, or, in fact, many other people that played a key role in Tip.it's founding/raising. I did, however, get to know Gugge for a while. I'm saddened that I never really got to know you, but, I will still mis you. I've said in IRC countless times to friends that my idols are "Dmonik, BlueRose13x, Lightning, Starlude, Xentia, Kibble, Rodrigo, DOC IRON 9, Sir Beachy, Stud6900, Hitman X and Silverion." AKA: the STEEL Corporation. I remember how in a lot of tip.it events I attended, you were probably one of the most revered person there was. Whenever anyone saw you, everyone yelled (well, technically they typed :P) that you were there, and got so excited. Shows how much we all love ya. Anyways, I'm sure that what you did is right, though I don't know the full story, and I've always supported you.

Good luck in life,

One Time,

The Noob King

mercedesmanipulationn1cj8.png

~Joined RS December 2001

~Retired Mid-2007

I had to laugh today!

That was quick work by some staff, when was I added to the retired list on staff on tip.it site lol! actually don't bother to tell me it just make me even more mad.

Thanks to whoever did that, you informed staff before i did and before anything was talked over between Silverion and I.

I guess that made a few things quite clear to me this morning, I wished I knew last night when i was speaking to Silverion.

Thanks guys.

Keep up the updating, sure getting quicker! :D

Lai, if you get that shutup kick script I'll have to burn you to death! D:!

(15:14:25) <Vidi> Peter likes barbie xD

(15:14:30) <Peter> totally

(15:14:46) <Peter> I've got all the accessories

Good luck in real life and thanks for everything. I really think they should make a hall of fame :D

May the wind always be behind ye' and the road rise up tae meet ye'

Some scottish words of wisdom for ya... Great Job and all the best! :thumbsup:

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Why is it when someone else posts a quitting topic it gets locked but if an admin does it's all ok?
How dare you... <.<. Show some respect... it's Lightning for God's sake. Without her tipit wouldn't be what it is today.

When the hell was I disrespetful? :roll: I asked a bloody question, I wasn't rude or anything.

You were being disrespecful because it's Lightning, now show her some of the respect she has earned, and deserves.

I really see no disrespect in that question =p

Me neither...

But on topic, yeah, I kinda always respected them. In my own silent way, heh, but who couldn't respect a name who one has seen from 2001 on tip.it/runescape different lists?

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?