Lightning leaves the building

Lightning

Well I guess this is "what goes around comes around" times. Light, Remember people like Rab and me? You stabbed us in the back and never though twice about it. You let us do all the work and then took all the credit. Guess the new people didn't understand that you were the center of the Runescape world.

Sorry to see you go but in the end you got the same thing you gave.

Katryna.png

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a personal level as someone who once considered you a friend and a clan leader, Perhaps I can say I never knew you too well, and what I did know of you and thought of you... was replaced by bad dealings through the wanderers and some dealings you had with very close friends who I consider very dear to me.. If this is my final farewell, Let me drop any resentment I may have to say best wishes in life instead of nothing at all.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Well I guess this is "what goes around comes around" times. Light, Remember people like Rab and me? You stabbed us in the back and never though twice about it. You let us do all the work and then took all the credit. Guess the new people didn't understand that you were the center of the Runescape world.

Sorry to see you go but in the end you got the same thing you gave.

Katryna

I'm not even going to there right now but will say when I have spoke about you and Rab i have always given you credit serveral times... You just have to think whatever you think.

Promise me you won't give anyone that shutup kick script Maria, I can see Laikrob using it on me :(

(15:14:25) <Vidi> Peter likes barbie xD

(15:14:30) <Peter> totally

(15:14:46) <Peter> I've got all the accessories

Anyways. I was asked to pop in and answer a guess a few questions that has arise from some of you and I hope in doing so , no more posts from users will get deleted lol.

We all have our own way of doing things, my way doesn't always suit everyone I work with but mainly the past 3 + months I have done nothing but bite certain admin butts. Alot of it is not their fault but my own. I had to take long breaks a lot since last Christmas and well I won't go into personnal details but just say things really hit me hard the past 2 months and I asked and told them I needed time off but I wasn't given the space I needed and Silverion wasn't around to help out either as he has his own problems currently as well. Well in the end i lost my temper and said I can't go on any more as things were. Its no ones fault. Just me being very worn out, it wasn;t the admins fault either, some issues come up that requires only Silverion or my handling.

I do not see things changing in the near future either and I have no desire at all to work on anything currently.

As for tip.it chat clan channel. I really not sure whats going to happen about that. For now I will let it continue to run, some operators there will be able to contact me, but I will not be playing runescape for sometime maybe even longer. I will speak to Silverion about it and see what we can do for you on that, unless admins here have already taken some action on that issue and I am unaware of it.

Anyway guys I hope this settles a few things for you.

Lightning

I think we need to step back a bit here. What happens in the past is in the past - those that dwell there will be swept away by the tides of time. You have to think about the future. Lightning has decided her future is away from Tip.It. Instead of thinking about any bad feelings you have, congratulate her for the hard, good work she's invested into this site and respect that she has a life ahead of here and wish her the best of luck.

The Tip.It forums, as you all know, isn't a place to bring grudges. Keep that to the PM system. :wink:

Thank-you Lightning for the hard work and effort you've put into this site. It certainly won't be forgotten anytime soon, and good luck with the rest of your life. :)

tip.it has lost a legend. :uhh:

and a legend with one of the most owning name <3:

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

Goodbye Lightning, your one of the first users I ever remember for this site. This is truly end of an era. Thank you so much for all the work you have done to make this one of the best sites on the net.

You will be truly missed, Eye

Alas, I hardly knew ye.

All I have ever heard about you, is how great you are, that you started tip.it with a friend, that you are one of the nicest people a friend has met, and IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve never heard anything negative. Now, if you read this I want you to know this. Goodbyes are hard, but nothing, NOTHING is forever.

I am sure you will go on to achieve great things, as you have already achieved amazing things already, it is small pickings. I would love to chat on MSN to you, so if you pm me, IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll pm you my addy.

Heroes are forever, but legends never die. So, IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll see you next millennia. :wink:

- Dufus.

Andus-Sig-1.jpg

a very very long time ago.....when i was training for the heroes guild i was getting my fishing up in barbarian village flyfishing.

there was a level 3 under me with the name "Cat".

it took me a while to realize it was a player.

after a while the player named Cat said their main was Lightning. I probably thought "who the heck is that????!"

thanks for talking me to that night even though you probably thought i was another pathetic noob, now i am level 120.

thanks for everything you have done throughout runescape and the tip it community. Im sure im not the only person you have treated nicely.

Free.png

@Dragonseance #1 to 200m all.

www.twitter.com/dragonseance

Lightning,

I only ever saw your name ingame once, in the tipitchat clan chat, but it is clear from the past 8 pages that you have made a huge impact on so many people.

Don't ever feel that you have let people down by your decision. Life/family is way more important than the game ... as much fun as it has been. I was going to say "don't feel bad", but it's nature to feel bad and sad about this sort of change.

Just imagine what you'll be able to do with all that spare time now ...

Good on you for making the decision and good luck with whatever you next put your time into.

Truffoo

WARNING: Prone to ramble ... but you probably already know that!

truffoo.png

1% F2P : 99% RL

Goodbye Lightning, I remember I saw you once (I think it was Barbarian Assault) with full Guthans, that was before I even knew you were a tipiter. (I wasn't a tipiter back then) It will be sad to see you leave, especially after you helped me get through my labourous woodcutting by creating the tipitchat official clan chat.

:boohoo:

Have a great life Lightning.

My legions of fans:

thestigclipboard.png

it wasn;t the admins fault either, some issues come up that requires only Silverion or my handling.
I am sorry to see you go. I guess the quoted sentence is probably the root of the problem. Spreading responsibilities among a team of admins makes life simpler - concentrating responsibilities on just one of two people is a terrible amount of pressure and hard to take.

I hope that you are able to focus your energies on RL and let go of the responsibilities, worries and concerns about Tip.It. In the end, I'm sure somehow the site will survive, and in any event a website is not as important as your Real Life.

God bless you.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

It is always sad to see someone leave what was once an important part of their life, whether online or IRL. And anyone can easily understand that RL has to come before anything online!

I've been reading here for almost 3 years, and registered for about half of that. I cannot believe I never heard about Lightning until this thread! Apparently I owe you many thanks for all that I have learned, read, and enjoyed here. For that I will be ever greatful. This site is an amazing resource. I wish you all the best in everything that you do. Outside of RS is an amazing world saturated with very fulfilling endeavors. Enjoy as many as you can!

I guess, as someone who doesn't get involved in anything beyond reading this site (the amazing TET, admin, etc.), the only thing that strikes me as being really odd is that I have yet to see Silverion respond here in any way at all. Having been involved in volunteer organizations and politics my entire adult life, it really shouldn't surprise me, but it always does.

Best wishes Lightning. Thank you for all you have done, and the very best of luck in all that you shall endeavor in the future.

bop_dravian.png

Light,

Thanks for all you have done to help make these forums what they are today. I know you have put in countless hours over the years and the results of your hard work have been dearly appreciated by a lot of people.

Take good care of yourself and your kids and best wishes for your future.

~pup

swordsig16zk.gif

Bless you, Lightning.

Whoa, this brought Bubsa out of the corn stalks. Surprising, haven't see you in forever.

A faithful, loyal player has once again moved on. The legends are departing daily, but of course that makes room for more legends to emerge.

Best wishes to you Lightning, hope everything is well IRL and hope you have fun. Good luck in the future and be careful!

~Nick

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

Wow, never would have expected this... Good luck Lightning and always remember that regardless of what you think (hehe), you made a big difference in the quality of this site. There have been and are alot of good Tip It Mods and Admins, but your name ranks right at the top.

8-)

99 Att, Str, Def, HP, magic, cook, fire, wc, mining, fletch, prayer, fish, farm

Over 2100 skill

134 combat