NEW iPODS RELEASED TODAY 9/5

navyplaya

How large is the average video file (for something like a 1.5 hour long to 2.0 hour long movie)? Sorry I'm asking these questions, they are really gonna factor in if I buy one.

All the movies I download are Divx or Xvid encoded, and they are either 700 megs or 1400megs. Length doesn't make that big of a difference, if they are longer the quality just drops a little. They keep it at those sizes so they can fit on a CD.

I don't know if the iPods play those or not. I'm pretty sure they play mp4 files, and I only have one movie like that. It's only 320 megs but it looks comparable to the others. I don't download more like that because my player doesn't like seeking or pausing them. Have to watch it straight through pretty much for some reason.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

160GB?

Why would you need that much memory? It's not like you are gonna listen to you iPod for 2 months straight then go "Oh, not this song again"

it'd be for people like Herr who are hardcore with the music :-$

What does he have? 125 hours of music or so? (I thought I saw a play list of his once.)

i have 115hrs of pink floyd... ALONE

right now the 80gig one would BARLEY fit all of my music.

I have 34.02 gb right now in my itunes. I clean my library out from time to time because my tastes change enough that I don't even want the other stuff. If I really worked at it I bet I could get close to my 60gb limit with music I liked. I can't imagine kids actually liking all of those 160 gigs.

The exception would be just putting tons of movies and videos on it which would be pretty cool but still seems a little unnecessary.

This. Is. Bull.

The new IPod Nano Costs 50 dollars less then mine did, it is smaller, it has twice as much room on it minimum, and it plays videos.

How poopy.

I think I'll get a new IPod once I get a real job... By then they'll be like Glasses you wear that have screens..

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

I have a $30 MP3 player with 1GB of storage, and it plays MP3's. Why the heck would I need a touch screen, telephone, internet connection, virtual pinball and videos? :lol:

The kids who spend/urge their parents to spend $400 on useless trash like this should get a reality check and see what they're buying. A hard drive with an LCD display with bundled playback software that is available for free.

Kind of like some cellphones... Soon they'll be capable of everything from writing word documents to listening to radio, except making phone calls... The reason why they were created.

Every device doesn't need to turn into a multi-purpose media center. Focus on having higher battery life on MP3's, better voice quality on cellphone calls...

Heh true, but if you have the money why not?

It's convenient to have devices that do so much! Plus, it is fancy. As they improve on ideas, we'll have iPod-like devices that you can play WoW on! Why stomp on technology? It's what separates us from the rest.

I bought by 20g iPod for about $50 USD. My dad's buddy gets a free iPod every time he buys an apple laptop (he bought like 8). He already had the video, nano, 60g, etc. He sold me his 20g for $50, and I'm content :D

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

hehe, im so glad i didnt get a nano a few months ago when i got my job...now theyre even more ownage...

early christmas present for myself...

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

Question to those with 60+ gigs. Do you actually listen to all your songs? I have ~7 gigs and my roommate has 55. Here's how we differ in song gathering.

Me: Hey I just heard "Thanks for the memories" on the radio. I like that song *download*

Him: Hey I heard a decent song by Red Hot Chille Peppers. I'm going to bittorrent every album they have ever produced.

:| Other times I see him borrowing CDs from other people and just ripping the entire thing. Honestly now, do you guys actually like every song on a CD? Granted this may be true for your half dozen or so favorite artists, but what about the rest of the songs you have? This program is worthless to me:

promo_ipodtouch_20070905.jpg

I have about a dozen full albums, the other ~3,000 songs I have are pretty much one hit wonders. Maybe three Billy Joel songs, maybe five Queen songs... but mostly just singles, not many full albums.

Am I the black sheep in this? Does everyone else fill their storage devices with full albums? Do you actually listen to the other 11 songs or just the good ones?

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

I usually listen to complete albums.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I usually listen to complete albums.

Same here. Only thing that stops me from downloading everything from a band is finding it all.

Generally the bands I listen to don't really have any 'one hit wonders' anyways. The most I might get of them is from a certain time period when the band was good.

Also I'm with the others about why I got an iPod. Honestly it didn't cost that much (cost the 20g normal one about 3 years ago) and I've used it ever since just fine, without a problem. I love the wheel on it and its just a nice thing to have.

I have a $30 MP3 player with 1GB of storage, and it plays MP3's. Why the heck would I need a touch screen, telephone, internet connection, virtual pinball and videos? :lol:

The kids who spend/urge their parents to spend $400 on useless trash like this should get a reality check and see what they're buying. A hard drive with an LCD display with bundled playback software that is available for free.

Kind of like some cellphones... Soon they'll be capable of everything from writing word documents to listening to radio, except making phone calls... The reason why they were created.

Every device doesn't need to turn into a multi-purpose media center. Focus on having higher battery life on MP3's, better voice quality on cellphone calls...

Nobody "needs" it, but the same thing can be said for your 30$ mp3player. If people like, and use the features on such a device, what's wrong with it? Portable media players can provide a fair bit of entertainment, imo. It's fine if you have no need for it, but there's no reason to look down upon those devices like that. And no, it's certainly not only kids that buy these kinds of devices.

Some years ago a lot of people felt there was no real need for a cell phone and now most people can't live without them. Times change.

Question to those with 60+ gigs. Do you actually listen to all your songs? I have ~7 gigs and my roommate has 55. Here's how we differ in song gathering.

Me: Hey I just heard "Thanks for the memories" on the radio. I like that song *download*

Him: Hey I heard a decent song by Red Hot Chille Peppers. I'm going to bittorrent every album they have ever produced.

:| Other times I see him borrowing CDs from other people and just ripping the entire thing. Honestly now, do you guys actually like every song on a CD? Granted this may be true for your half dozen or so favorite artists, but what about the rest of the songs you have? This program is worthless to me:

promo_ipodtouch_20070905.jpg

I have about a dozen full albums, the other ~3,000 songs I have are pretty much one hit wonders. Maybe three Billy Joel songs, maybe five Queen songs... but mostly just singles, not many full albums.

Am I the black sheep in this? Does everyone else fill their storage devices with full albums? Do you actually listen to the other 11 songs or just the good ones?

I'll pretty much always listen to a complete album. It might be a single song that leads me to buy the album, but half the fun is listening to the other stuff on the album. I've got a friend who only has all the top singles of the bands on his iPod, and for me that would soon get very boring. I have eclectic and broad tastes, have a wide range of songs per artist is far better than having their few "best", especially when after a little delving you can uncover some better songs.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Nope. I have 10 full albums on my iPod, and the other 440 are singles, or half of an album.

Nope. I have 10 full albums on my iPod, and the other 440 are singles, or half of an album.

+1, my biggest album is about 3-4 songs and my largest amount of songs by one artist is about 10 songs. I get alot of my songs from XM radio, I hear them on there and then get them. The channel I listen to is a top 20 kind of songs channel, so I only usally here the one hit wonders.

Tbfgraphx14

Happy to find I'm not the only one who eats glass.

I have a question for people that might know. Can the iPod Touch stream music from your computer via wifi like the airport Express so you can play your complete library from it in your home on a stereo without putting all the songs physically on there?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I have a question for people that might know. Can the iPod Touch stream music from your computer via wifi like the airport Express so you can play your complete library from it in your home on a stereo without putting all the songs physically on there?

I'm pretty sure it can't, but with a connection you can access the iTunes store and buy songs/albums directly on the iPod and they get immediately added (the same way they get added to your computer when you buy them there) then when you plug in your Touch the songs you downloaded on the iPod are transfered to your iTunes library.

I researched the iPod touch because I'm planning on getting one <3:

Yeah I already knew that runescapeloser22 but that's not a feature I would use as opposed to the wifi to local pc feature that I would.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Not from your computer, but when you buy music on iTunes via WiFi, I'm pretty sure that you stream it instead of downloading it to your touch.

mybest_1.jpg

-All sigs by me.

[My Gallery]