add a dragon slayer cape?

iceharwk

this idea is supported by quite a few of my friends and clan members and they urged me to put it forward so here it is.... im sorry for the cape i designed it in a rush so its not excellent

well heres the point many people desire to have a cape of achievment or something similar but it is quite a lot of work (i know)

so why do jagex not add a dragon slayer cape? or a f2p quest cape? now i bet ur all sayin weve got a quest cape or u already get a good reward from dragon slayer

yes i know that very well but how about some wa of showing ur f2p questing skills or a cape to show off that uv defeated elvarg?

iv designed an idea for the cape and here it is.....

capebyjackharwk.jpg

sorry its not brilliant iv only had a couple of mins at it but if anyone wants to help design a new 1 then plz do

so what do you think of my idea?

jack_harwk.png

Dragon slayer isn't hard enough to make it worth it. The quest cape is a good achievement but dragon slayer can be done by very low levels, as low as 20 or perhaps lower. Also, having all F2P quests completed is not a big landmark either. As the achievement capes are P2P (and should remain that way), it really would just be a gimic cape without no proper value.

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

I had every f2p quest done at lvl 50 or so....... Not too much of an achievment.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

It's more of a suggestion than a debate......

Personally though I would think it would be a terrible idea and would totaly devfalue the system of the capes. It is possible to open an account, and have defeated dragon slayer within a few days although yes it is a mile stone it is not somthing that should be shown as a ahivmnet.

Every time you see a player wearing a rune plate or a green dragon hide body, do you go: "WOW that guy (or girl) finnished dragon slayer!!!!" :?:

Or do you say:" _________ " (nothing) as they are so common?

Also the cape is a good piece of armour, it has the same stats as the obsadian cape and so needs a good level of protection.... it's the second bast cape in the game! It shoudl not be rewared to people who finnish a quest that is classed as intermediate.

sig2webzx7.jpg

The Dragon Slayer quest enables you to wear a Rune Platemail Body.

So that can be worn to show you have defeated Elvarg, if someone was really that bothered about showing people they had.

Eye

So that can be worn to show you have defeated Elvarg, if someone was really that bothered about showing people they had.

Eye

Also it allows dragon hide bodies

Eye

Also it allows dragon hide bodies

lol only green not blue, red, or black

It's more of a suggestion than a debate......

Personally though I would think it would be a terrible idea and would totaly devfalue the system of the capes. It is possible to open an account, and have defeated dragon slayer within a few days although yes it is a mile stone it is not somthing that should be shown as a ahivmnet.

Every time you see a player wearing a rune plate or a green dragon hide body, do you go: "WOW that guy (or girl) finnished dragon slayer!!!!" :?:

Or do you say:" _________ " (nothing) as they are so common?

Also the cape is a good piece of armour, it has the same stats as the obsadian cape and so needs a good level of protection.... it's the second bast cape in the game! It shoudl not be rewared to people who finnish a quest that is classed as intermediate.

That was my point exactly. Dragon Slayer cape= Rune PL8 and/or Green D hide

Plus, it's cheaper to buy than a skill cape XD

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

I dont agree with f2p having a dragon slayer achievment quest but more of a normal cape but with an insignia for f2p players to wear just to prove it but not as grand as an achievment cape with the cool shoulder bits :P 8-)

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear

What's the point, almost everyone has thsi quest done by like lvl 50. I support F2p skill capes, but not this.It's not worth the 99k, and it better not have the same sats as normal capes.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

• 2 weeks later...

Its a good idea but as someone said, D Hide/rune bodies are enough to show you have done the quest, no capes needed.

I don't think any special capes should be added to f2p servers, more of an incentive to buy members.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

IMO Dragon Slayer isnt that hard a quest lol, and it already has its own rewards, ie ability to wear r00n plate + green dhide body. So there isnt a need for a DRAGON SLAYER CAPE cos everyone in P2P would probably be wearing one if they dont have a skillcape yet -.-

Man, people have been suggesting capes left and right since the update.

Soon, there'll be a few dozen capes.

"Is that the 'Third-Boat for PC' cape?"

"No, it's the 'Second-Boat for PC' cape.

What's the point?

The Capes of Achievement were there to be somewhat not-so-common sights. If we had as many capes for the many varieties of 'Achievements' then they would lose their specialty.

There's only 1 other cape I want to be made, and that would be the Jukebox Cape for getting all the songs in RuneScape.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26