Jagex getting younger?

Hank54

So as you may have noticed if you have been playing RS for a while jagex has lost a bit of maturity. In my view they have started to target the 10-12 age range. Why do I think this? Well, look at some of the holiday events over the past few years, lets forget for a second the some are tradable and some arn't. Santa hats, Party hats, masks, rubber chicken? chicken suit? In my opinion that wasn't funny, that was just stupid. (the chicken suit) the rubber chicken was ok. Now looking at that list, it seems that jagex either has lost it's sence of humor, or the have lost some of the maturity that made the game fun for me before.

Ill write more if people are interested.

Hank54

rune,Hank23451.gif

Another cut-and-paste maturity is going down, blah blah topic -.-

Dude, I see no reason why holiday items would mean that Jagex is losing its humor or its "maturity" (very vaguely defined in your thesis). Holiday items are simply fun little trinkets made for people to enjoy. If you can't enjoy them just for the sake of enjoying them, then I would have to say that YOU, sir are lacking humor.

Truthscape - qeltar's excellent insights into RuneScape and more

Cave Story - Best Free RPG ever

-Retired. Forever-

Dude, they did great this year. And if you say they did bad, get over it, they didn't pick the event, we(RSers) did.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

In many respects, these are "holiday" items. Runescape is not club penguin, but it needs to have some fun with some interesting stuff. I don't think Jagex is getting younger exactly because what you pointed out were holiday events and I'm not gonna repeat myself of course. Anyway, today's Halloween event was not "kiddie"-like exactly due to some gruesome items (skull, eye, etc).

safari20hat11.jpg

We should euthanize anyone who lacks the capability to contribute to society in any way.

Please don't elect this man for president in 2012

Another cut-and-paste maturity is going down, blah blah topic -.-

Dude, I see no reason why holiday items would mean that Jagex is losing its humor or its "maturity" (very vaguely defined in your thesis). Holiday items are simply fun little trinkets made for people to enjoy. If you can't enjoy them just for the sake of enjoying them, then I would have to say that YOU, sir are lacking humor.

+1 :lol:

Ranger Boot Count: 1 :lol:

Zerkers: 4 Hatchets: 2 Warriors: 2

... In my view they have started to target the 10-12 age range. Why do I think this? Well, look at some of the holiday events over the past few years, lets forget for a second the some are tradable and some arn't. Santa hats, Party hats, masks, rubber chicken? chicken suit? In my opinion that wasn't funny, that was just stupid. (the chicken suit) the rubber chicken was ok. Now looking at that list, it seems that jagex either has lost it's sence of humor, or the have lost some of the maturity that made the game fun for me before. ...

Looking at such a narrow piece of information to cover such a broad topic isn't practical. If you want to come up and tell us [no offense, but this is literally the umpteenth time this topic has come up] that RuneScape/Jagex is beginning to cater to the younger people, then you'd better come up with something more than that.

Honestly I've seen holiday events and items as a funny change from the monotonous theme of the game. So what if they're a little silly...they're serving their purpose and I'm having fun with them.

Your maturity issues with something as off-color as a chicken suit are your own; you'll no doubt fight that demon if you want to play RS again.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

That fact they have holiday drops shows they are aiming towards a younger audience. If I made a fantasy game full of death, I wouldn't bother with silly holidays.

cyco_1.jpg

You forget the programming they're limited to and that it is a childrens game after all.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

The puns on runescape are some of the most terrible I have ever seen! Though some of the fourth wall breaking is pretty good. For example if you have not done darkness of hallowvale and talk to a minigame NPC, you can ask him why he is marked as a minigame, and you get an amusing answer.

triforceelf.png

The puns on runescape are some of the most terrible I have ever seen! Though some of the fourth wall breaking is pretty good. For example if you have not done darkness of hallowvale and talk to a minigame NPC, you can ask him why he is marked as a minigame, and you get an amusing answer.

I enjoy the terrible puns. You laugh at their terribleness. I'm not a fan of the chicken suit, but all the holiday items are to have fun, not be mature. And by the way, I love my rubber chicken & yo-yo <3:

soldersig.jpg

Man I laughed for the first time for something real out loud from a quest today! LIke burst into laughter on my comp lol. Like sometimes I laugh at how bad a joke is but this time it was legit! it was in "the path of glouphrie"

it was something like this

gnome: "i'm searching for the edge of the world"

Smavey: "what if the world was a sphere - there'd be no edges"

gnome: "if it were a sphere we would roll off silly"

Smavey: "well what if the sphere is so big that it looks flat when on it and there's a magical force that holds us down"

gnome: "well i don't seem to see the gravity of this argument - i'm going to find the edge of the world!"

Lol go jagex

a big showing of this is the new quests. most old quests that were master difficulty made a few years ago were pretty tough, but the new quest, "back to my Roots" is supposedly a master quest, yet was an easy completion

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

You forget the programming they're limited to and that it is a childrens game after all.

Looks like you never saw Andrew's post on the RSOF...

You only think the chicken suit was stupid because it serves little to no purpose to you. This is being self-absorbed.

Jagex has had a great year, they have hardly done anything wrong this year, and everything they have done has been for the players. If not, they have tried their best to make it easier for the player. Jagex has also finally listened to us for some-what clan support, we got it. We should be thankful for that alone until next year.

Jagex isn't getting down on maturity, perhaps your just seeing the true reason behind Jagex's motive to input the updates they do. Their updates are to protect not the children, but the children of the internet, in other words, those un-educated of the internet.

Your lucky Jagex even updates the game every week, and not at random times that range from a month to two years on certain other mmorpgs. We're spoiled in RuneScape.

Jagex can have a bit of fun with their game, not everything has to help you, nor should it. I hope Jagex makes some kind of cruel task that really shows the users how lucky we are to have those updates, and customer support service.

Honestly I may sound cold, but I'm speaking the blunt truth.

Jagex has to drop the maturity level to keep those 8 year olds happy and make them pay for members

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

And another 'RS IS FOR 8 YRS OLDS PMG' thread.. ;/

No honestly, don't like it, don't use it.. Why complain about items you won't use anyway.. Imo Bunny ears/Rubber chicken/Egg ring are okay..but do I use them? Only when darn bored,,

Profins.png

specty.png

So as you may have noticed if you have been playing RS for a while jagex has lost a bit of maturity. In my view they have started to target the 10-12 age range. Why do I think this? Well, look at some of the holiday events over the past few years, lets forget for a second the some are tradable and some arn't. Santa hats, Party hats, masks, rubber chicken? chicken suit? In my opinion that wasn't funny, that was just stupid. (the chicken suit) the rubber chicken was ok. Now looking at that list, it seems that jagex either has lost it's sence of humor, or the have lost some of the maturity that made the game fun for me before.

Ill write more if people are interested.

Hank54

I've taken the liberty of showing you the invalid part of your post. Please note tat not everyone shares your opinion.

[English translation needed]

JaGeX lost it's sense of humour? I don't think so. The chicken suit was humourous, and so was the rubber chicken. It was fun pretending to be a chicken. I agree that there is a lot of immaturity going on in RS at the moment and that JaGeX might sometimes the more loyal customers, instead catering to the less mature, more populated group/community. Still, things worked out just fine didn't it? If you think yourself as a mature player, then you shouldn't be complaining every bit of what they do.

By the way, i don't think its 'sence', its 'sense'.

The way you provided your hypothesis, I can tell that you're a decade off maturity.

drapit.png

Yeh I'd agree with this, they aim updates at a younger audience yet you shouldn't be playing if you're over the age of 13 (for Americans). They themselves say they aim the updates at what they'd like to see but with the new halloween update for example it seemed very childish, what with the playground slide in the middle of the grim reapers mansion... There is a difference between being childish and having a sense of humour there are lots of humorous situations in RuneScape but i'd say there's more childish updates than funny updates.

Signiture1-1.gif

99 Magic, 99 Defence, 99 Strength, 99 Attack, 99 Hitpoints, 99 Fletching, 99 Woodcutting, 99 Firemaking, 99 Thieving, 99 Ranged, 99 Prayer, 99 Cooking, 99 Fishing