Javelins are just pathetically bad?

manaleak

What's up with javelins? They're not an alternative range training item like knives or crossbows or even chinchompas. They're just terrible; slow, inaccurate, and weak.

I recently tested training with rune xbow and bronze bolts vs. rune javelins. Bronze bolts won over rune javelins. What exactly is the point of these items?

It's not so much that they're terrible that I'm CONSTANTLY getting them from dragon drops, literally 2 out of 3 will be rune javelins. Why did jagex invent such a horrible item and then decide it would be a good drop from high lvl monsters?

RSN: Manaleak

It's not so much that they're terrible that I'm CONSTANTLY getting them from dragon drops, literally 2 out of 3 will be rune javelins. Why did jagex invent such a horrible item and then decide it would be a good drop from high lvl monsters?
Is it not the point to have the lesser items dropped more often? But I do agree that (from what I have heard, from here and from others) they are worthless.

Javelins are effective against certain monsters. If you think they are bad dont use them, simple enough. Not all weapons have to be "amazingly cool and powerful" People take advantage of things in RueScape in any way they can,so jagex has to make some things a little less 'good'.

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear

Perhaps they will get an improvement some time? I mean, it's a brilliant idea on Jagex's behalf to make a weapon which you must really work for to get, but the stats don't show it.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Personally I feel they need some major tweaks.

When was the last time anybody has seen somebody training with a Javelin? sure a few people use them to get rid of them..... but they are not anywhere close to effective and they are hard to get in large numbers.

sig2webzx7.jpg

Personally I feel they need some major tweaks.

When was the last time anybody has seen somebody training with a Javelin? sure a few people use them to get rid of them..... but they are not anywhere close to effective and they are hard to get in large numbers.

Thyre not hard to get at all, just do black dragons for a bit, and you'll come out with a boatload of useless addy javelins.There was a rant about this a bit ago...

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

Javelins are just pathetically bad?

I'm afraid so, and I've yet to find a monster who is weak against javelins.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

*sees javelin fall next to him on f2p, picks it up and uses it* woot! this is great! man I can actually use this on f2p, talk about a glitch!.. 30 sec later, man these are useless... *throws back to p2p, does -90 damage to server status*

I'm f2p and I've heard they are worse than just about everything you can use, even on f2p. :wall: :wall: :wall:

Blender builder

Today's experiment is:

Learning how to make light industrial space craft.

They were as good as cross bows before the update so maybe they'll update them.

But yes their terrible.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I train range as my primary combat skill.

I've not personally found Javelins have useful for any specific purpose.

I guess it's true not all weapons or items can be useful, so I treat them as a novelty item rather than a serious weapon to be use for training or serious combat.

As I'm able to make my own Nature Runes, I do remember aching the last lot of Rune Javelins just to see if they're world keeping as a drop. They weren't.

Maybe a few tweaks are in order.

Regards,

Fey

feywarriorgreenlu9.gif

banneruh3.jpg

I agree. Rune javs should hit a little less than obby rings.

26k get for rants forum lol

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Comparing javellins to xbow is like how you compare a rune warham to a rune scimmy. Basically other forms of weapons that became obsolete.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

I always thought javelins would be really slow but hit hard. If you think about it you're throwing a wooden pole with a metal tip in a high arch to hit something far away, that would have to pick up some momentum and hit hard. I have a small collection of rune javelins from dust devils that are just taking up space, I really want a reason to use them.

Aulderic.png

I've killed over 20,000 dust devils while training to 99 attack and have still not gotten a dragon chain.

What about throwing axes?
Throwing axes used to be one of the most useful items in the game, currently they are still pretty good.

Plus, they're extremely handy for when you need to enter the Dagannoth Lair.

But yeah, they do seem pretty worthless. Maybe there is a monster they work well against? Then we'll have people rushing to buy all the javelins they can get an awesome range training method. XD

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif