PayPal CEO joins Jagex Ltd

DragnFly

That day in world 2: Mod Paypal, the master merchanter.

the master scammer :evil:

Just watch out, every transaction will now cost you GP.

dang, the first mmorpg to tax in game transactions, best balance those business books before the mods come around and send you into RS jail for tax evasion boys.

OT: it's both good, seeing as PayPal is still active and hasn't crumbled so maybe he will make a good CEO, but also bad seeing as PayPal have some iffy work practices. #-o

2hwcu83.jpg

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 Million players?! Wasn't there something on the homepage a few months ago that said "RuneScape has reached 1 million players!".

EDIT: I swear to God, if that guy puts RS on addictinggames or Miniclip again, I'LL KILL HIM.

1m is members, not all the players (that is including f2p).

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it

6 Million players?! Wasn't there something on the homepage a few months ago that said "RuneScape has reached 1 million players!".

EDIT: I swear to God, if that guy puts RS on addictinggames or Miniclip again, I'LL KILL HIM.

He can't put it on mini clip again, it's already there :wink: And that was 1 million members.

Hopefully he'll advertise the game in ways that bring in people over 13, and doesn't drop runescape for a new game :ohnoes:

soldersig.jpg

Wow thats a very big suprise.

Maybe it'll be good

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

And the other 1% is floating off in the cosmos? :-k

Every post I post is poked at to see if there's any faults with it. Use common sense. It's 33.3333% recurring to Constant and 66.666666% recurring to the gower brothers.

Signiture1-1.gif

99 Magic, 99 Defence, 99 Strength, 99 Attack, 99 Hitpoints, 99 Fletching, 99 Woodcutting, 99 Firemaking, 99 Thieving, 99 Ranged, 99 Prayer, 99 Cooking, 99 Fishing

Am I the only one who thinks that becoming the CEO of a British online game company is a bit of a step down from a worldwide online paying thingy? (How do you describe PayPal???) Not saying Jagex isn't big but I just would have thought that he could've gone somewhere bigger?

If I was him first thing I'd say looking at the competition is get rid of the cartoon level graphics if you hope to gain any market share.

The graphical style of RuneScape is great. It's part of its appeal for me and, I'd expect, many others. Besides I don't think that changing the style would help you gain any more market share when, in a game like RuneScape, it is the gameplay which is what keeps people playing.

Having an experienced business person is Always a plus. Knowing how to work the market, having business contacts etc etc.

Although i have some *fears* i still think it is a good move. As long as the Gowers and Tedder still have the control, i'm happy.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

I wonder how or whether this'll affect us, will they go more for the short term money success? But it's probably a good deal for everyone.

Off topic:

The browser-based game has attracted popularity across the globe with strong subscriber communities in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and Scandinavia

I never knew there is such a big playing community in Scandinavia, is that true?

yeah denmark have a large rs community. everday there are aleast 3 coms at the libery that are played rs on :D

now JAGEX needs to get the eyes up to see they need a danish server :D

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

So will we be paying by PayPal now?

We've been able to pay by PayPal for longer than RS2 has existed. This brings nothing new on that field and only a complete idiot would turn it into PayPal only. Second, they hired a person who has worked for PayPal, not take over PayPal.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm