PayPal CEO joins Jagex Ltd

DragnFly

From the tone of the of article quoted, it seems like the CEO is more interested in leveraging the tools and technology that jagex has in developing other games than simply expanding runescape. Let's hope it's just reporter jargon and not a sign of jagex splitting its resources.

Jagex is already working on a different game alongside Runescape. They make this openly clear on their corporate site. I doubt the CEO will make a visible change to the playing side of runescape but merely the resource and money side of it.

Sig.jpg

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate PayPal so much, the Customer Service there is beyond bad when you need something quite important done. Been waiting 3 weeks for a reply, sent it a few times even.

OT: I hope the CEO helps RS grow and become a more seen gaming site.

Qizx2- Archmage

Personnumber100- Warlock for life.

Would you?

The browser-based game has attracted popularity across the globe with strong subscriber communities in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and Scandinavia

I never knew there is such a big playing community in Scandinavia, is that true?

Yes, it is.

It will be interesting to see how this changes things, but a lowering in prize is maybe not quite out of the question.

Owner of Quest Cape since 11/9/2007 23:30! Working my butt off to get it back.

lemurian04.png

This means Jagex will probably be improving their CS soon :D

By hiring someone from a company whose CS is notoriously bad -- only they screw people over for real money instead of pretend gold?

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

The first thing i thought when reading that article was "OH *expletive* RuneScape is going down the metaphoric plughole" but i hope that i am wrong and that this means the start of greater things for RS :pray:

OFF TOPIC @ lemurian: Your avatar should be something more Lemuria themed :wink: but either way Saturos is pretty awesome :thumbsup:

jogus99.png

Wow a new big step for jagex. Hope this will imprve the game and how its marketed. May even improve the publics attitude towards RuneScape.

Wonder how it will affect us as players :-s

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear

The fact that they have actually attracted an external person as their new CEO at least indicates that Jagex as a company is really beginning to mature. I highly doubt we will notice his influence anytime soon, as most updates are planned way before their release, so what his added value will be for us as players will remain secret for at least another year.

I do hope that the Gower brothers will manage to hold onto at least some decision making power, since they probably understand us players a lot better then any outsider could.

Dont know who actually owns jagex these days, but if the Gowers still do, theyll be able to fire the new guy if they dont like him anyways

Knight_Simon.gif

By hiring someone from a company whose CS is notoriously bad -- only they screw people over for real money instead of pretend gold?

Runescape gold has some sort of value in its own right, so it's not "pretend money". The correct term to use is virtual currency.

Anyway can anyone say, "Mod Iddison (level-126)"? =D>

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

I hope he does a good job :thumbsup:

Being the CEO in a privately owned business doesn't mean they have as much power. Andrew and Paul still own 66% of the business so any decision making will go through them.

Signiture1-1.gif

99 Magic, 99 Defence, 99 Strength, 99 Attack, 99 Hitpoints, 99 Fletching, 99 Woodcutting, 99 Firemaking, 99 Thieving, 99 Ranged, 99 Prayer, 99 Cooking, 99 Fishing

Being the CEO in a privately owned business doesn't mean they have as much power. Andrew and Paul still own 66% of the business so any decision making will go through them.

Where did you hear that they had sold 34% of the company? I thought Jagex was still owned by the Gowers.

Where did you hear that they had sold 34% of the company? I thought Jagex was still owned by the Gowers.

I heard that too, from the article where it said how much the Gowers were worth.

So yeah, I think this should mean good things for Jagex as a company. As long as they stick to their original aims, ie. a cheap, browser based game, then I don't see how anything negative could come.

no. it means the game will get better advertising, thus get more players and have even more work for customer support to do.

IRC.RSCRIPT.ORG #STATS

join us. we dont bite too hard.

I heard that too, from the article where it said how much the Gowers were worth.

So yeah, I think this should mean good things for Jagex as a company. As long as they stick to their original aims, ie. a cheap, browser based game, then I don't see how anything negative could come.

The original CEO - constant tedder has 33% the gower brothers own 66%

Signiture1-1.gif

99 Magic, 99 Defence, 99 Strength, 99 Attack, 99 Hitpoints, 99 Fletching, 99 Woodcutting, 99 Firemaking, 99 Thieving, 99 Ranged, 99 Prayer, 99 Cooking, 99 Fishing

yeah, being an limited company means the original owners still have some say in who owns shares. Makes sense that the original 3 still have stake in the company. Also means they wont be bought out.

OT: This looks like a good thing for Jagex. i've never actually heard of the guy but he seems like he knows his stuff concerning E-business. If i'm not mistaken Paypal have the highest market share in their sector which they would have gained while he was in control. As long as he isn't an all-controlling type CEO it should mean a good future for Jagex.

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

And the other 1% is floating off in the cosmos? :-k

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif