Partyhats. Really Discontinued?

Dragons_Might

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are discontinued because there is no way in the game to get new ones other than opening a cracker which are also discontinued.

Of course there are two sides of looking at it and yes, you can make a new party hat from a cracker while party hats are discontinued.

But they are discontinued because their source are discontinued.

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

Tell me who in their right mind would crack a Christmas Cracker?

I have many a times, because they where free and I don't know why some people would pay pointless millions for an item what eventually Jagex will sell in a market stall (in my opinion) along with all other holiday items, they're not rares, they're holiday items, and are supposed to be fun.

i reckon u can create a partyhat cos u can crack a christmas cracker...

but nobody exept silly n00bs would crack a CHRISTMAS CRACKER!!!!!!!

:twisted: BUT IF THEY DO.............

it would be something like this when they find out...

#-o #-o #-o #-o

O.mirzan-O.mirzan.gif

d drops/ legs(0) chain (0) axes (0) skirts (0) meds(0)/ visage! (0)/ rings (0)

-My Blog! Don't forget to post!

to be honest

its more of a matter of interpretation of the term "discontinued"

wether more can some into the game through any means is no discontinued

or weather a limited supply of them entering game at all means discontinued

its a matter of interpretation

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Christmas Crackers are discontinued, and they are the only source of "new" Burger King hats entering the game, so the hats are also discontinued.

Pointless thread.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Party hats are in a way discontinued, because they will never be dropped from a monster again, or has a holiday event drop. However, as you mentioned, you can still get party hats from Christmas Crackers, although you will lose a humongous amount of money in the process.

yep.. in a way it is discontinued

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

Discounted Items are items that no new instances of can be generated within the game.

Any item that is produced by another item is generated at the same time as its producer, despite not exsisting.

Party Hats really are discontinued in that:

Maximum possible number of phats to exsist in rs = number of crackers initially generated

No new crackers r being generated therefore no new possiblites of phats are generated. no new possiblities of phats =no new phats.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Discounted Items are items that no new instances of can be generated within the game.

Any item that is produced by another item is generated at the same time as its producer, despite not exsisting.

Maximum possible number of phats to exsist in rs = number of crackers initially generated

No new crackers r being generated therefore no new possiblites of phats are generated. no new possiblities of phats =no new phats.

Amen to that.

Chevroi - Formerly Japlin69

My Old Blog

If crackers are discontinued, doesn't that make whats inside of them discontinued as well?

That's the point. There's nothing "inside" of crackers.

A real life party crackers are toys packed inside of wrappers for children to pull. Hence, if something was packaged inside, and people stopped making the crackers, the toys inside WOULD be discontinued.

But in the case of Runescape, crackers don't contain anything. When pulled they randomly create 2 items, one of the six party hats, and one of a set of random items. Then each player randomly gets one.

Since crackers don't CONTAIN party hats, rather, they PRODUCE party hats, as long as crackers exist, party hats are not discontinued. At least, not by definition.

While it is true that crackers are limited, that does not discontinue party hats. Just like, we know the amount of crude oil in the world is limited at this time (yes I know in theory we can produce oil by killing every living thing and letting it rot for millions of years but that's pretty unfeasible), but gasoline distilled from crude oil is not discontinued. We are still producing gasoline every day from the crude oil we harvest, even though crude oil is not limited.

Just because the source is limited, or no one in the right mind would want to use that specific source to produce a product doesn't make the product discontinued.

Again, just because the source is discontinued doesn't mean the remaining source can not be used to continue to produce the product until it is depleted.

Like the Crude Oil Gasoline. We only have so much Crude Oil left, and we're not going to see any more of it being made any time soon. However, we can still use what's left of it to continue producing Crude Oil Gasoline. That's why Gasoline isn't discontinued. It will not be "discontinued" unless all the plants stop making gasoline from crude oil or we run out of crude oil.

The same applies to party hats. By definition, discontinued means that it will not or can not be produced. People STILL pop Christmas crackers on occasion to show off their wealth. Christmas crackers still exist. By definition, party hats can not be considered discontinued UNLESS Jagex decides to remove the ability to pop a cracker or no Christmas crackers remain. The latter scenario is next to impossible, since accounts still exist, banned, holding Christmas crackers, that are not deleted. They still can be appealed and the crackers used. Thus unless those accounts are deleted as well, that situation won't occur.