burn staking burn

Blaze69a

I'm usually the first to laugh at the amount of idiots that rant as soon as an update comes out, but this is actually a joke. I wonder what the actual percentage of people it is that rl trade through duel arena compared to legit stakers. I'm taking bets on it being under 0.5%, 3k max bet, pm me on rs :lol:

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheaters have now officially ruined the game for everyone else.

+1, back to good old money making with skills and monster hunting I guess.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Heck, I can make more with a brand new level 3 character. First Jagex nerfes the free to play rune market, now this. What's next Jagex? Are you going to destroy pking, after all, that "could" be used for real world trading? Does Jagex care more about people real world trading then the actuall players? it really seems like it.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

They more then likely did this because some mommy complained that staking might make their kid a gambling addict. +1 for the net nannys.

Also, you clowns that actually think this will affect the price of rares need to stop smoking the tweed.

Fools_Taco.png

Jagex certainly isn't afraid to make drastic changes to get rid of the real-world trading thing.

So... anyone want to say thanks to them?

If this was about stopping RL trading, no. They threw the baby out with the bathwater.

If their real goal was to stop high-level staking entirely, why lie about it?

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

When I read this on the knowledge base I thought I read it wrong. But then I come on here and find out it's true, I was like wow! Jagex could seriously lose a lot of money doing this, been as a lot of people may end up quiting due to the circumstances. I'm just glad I decided not to make my character into a staker :o

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

Cheaters have now officially ruined the game for everyone else.

yup, which sucks but its either have jagex make a change or let them carry on cheating.

personally I like it as it means I can get a duel without having to risk all my cash. a radical update for RS - doing something for the fun of it rather than the gp!

jagexvote.png :thumbsup:

[url=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/joystick/vote.php][img=http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q265/mr_moocky/jagexvote.png][/url]

Jagex certainly isn't afraid to make drastic changes to get rid of the real-world trading thing.

So... anyone want to say thanks to them?

If this was about stopping RL trading, no. They threw the baby out with the bathwater.

If they really are going after RL trading, it'll become really obvious if they proceed to nerf the rest of the game to match this. They already changed shops to get at bots. What next?

If their real goal was to stop high-level staking entirely, why lie about it?

I can't think of any reason. Which is why I believe them when they say that's what they wanted to do, I guess.

This really makes me wonder if JAGeX actually knows how people play their game lol.

They know exactly what they are doing.

They are just too chicken to come clean about it.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

for real? staking and merchanting perhaps in ruination in 1 month? to a point where it would seem skills were on top of the $ making aspect of this game once again? oh what a month, as if i was reassured with a pat on the back saying, you raised your skills here, make more $ now after november is over then people who stood around on w2 doing nothing. or players who stake on other worlds and take some risk.

tbh, stakers were okay with me. they took risks their reward was its own for that.

This really makes me wonder if JAGeX actually knows how people play their game lol.

I see you just entered the fray on the RSOF. I would comment on that thread but i'm too lazy to log in. you seem to be the only light of intelligence there :wink: It's the kind of posts like yours that jagex will actually listen to. I'll keep a close eye to see if they post too :)

I see you just entered the fray on the RSOF. I would comment on that thread but i'm too lazy to log in. you seem to be the only light of intelligence there :wink: It's the kind of posts like yours that jagex will actually listen to. I'll keep a close eye to see if they post too :)

PrintScreen it for me pleaseeeee <3:

loverrrzp8.jpg

To be honest, I can't see them keeping this. It's so completely stupid.

I agree. It's bad when I wouldn't have a problem staking the MAX amount possible.

Cheaters in RS are really ruining it, more than they realize.

35b9enp.jpg

[hide]

[/hide]

PrintScreen it for me pleaseeeee <3:

qelargt3hr092yd7.png

hooray for Qeltar!

I can imagine:

There is now a cap to the amount a player can trade in the space of 15 minutes, which is set to 3,000 coins. This limit will make it harder for real-world traders to unfairly use the trading option as a covert way of transferring items and cash. Of course, if you want to take part in some high-stakes money spending you now have the charity NPC!

Joking :lol:

I've never been such a gambler, but 3k sounds pretty low amount of cash per 15 minutes. They should really at least raise the cap for 100k or so.

EDIT: oops, I didn't really read the post above :oops:

Sir+Jehu.png

Retired ~ "I'll Be Back!" NOT

Rs Bump xD

Duel Arena Changes: (Taken from Runescape)

We have made some necessary changes to the above-ground staked and friendly duels of the Duel Arena:

* There is now a cap to the amount a player can win in the space of 15 minutes in a staked duel, which is set to 3,000 coins. This limit will make it harder for real-world traders to unfairly use the Duel Arena as a covert way of transferring items. Of course, if you want to take part in some high-stakes duelling you now have the duel tournaments instead!

* The gp value of any item wagered in a staked duel is defined by the 'player value'. This 'player value' of an item will change according to any market fluctuations once the Grand Exchange has been introduced.

* Logging out of a staked duel will mean that you have forfeited the match, and the staked items will go to your opponent.

* Stats boosted before entering a duel will reset to their normal value at the start. You can still use potions during the duel, provided they haven't been disallowed.

Im sure that no staker hoped that to happen xD

Cafebcs.png

cafebcs.gif

They did this, so that people who were serious about staking would have to use the pvp tiurnements, Because they porably knew that nobody would fight 64 people for 64mill, Since most single stakes are usally at higer price.

(P.s The whole "Auto dudes using it to trade stuff onto other accounts" Is a load of Cabbage)

No.png

CLICK THE IMAGE TO GO TRY SHARK ATTACK DANGIT.

They should take drop parties (dropping items on the ground) out while they're at it -.- You know, drop trading :roll:

And at the same time they should just delete Woodcutting from the game because that's where all the bots are these days <.<

Seriously, staking was like a skill before, a great way of making money, and they just practically deleted it. And it didn't really help that much anyway, because the real world itemers could just drop trade with people if they liked... Totally unnecesary.

I feel sorry for the stakers :(

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.