burn staking burn

Blaze69a

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheaters have now officially ruined the game for everyone else.

+1, back to good old money making with skills and monster hunting I guess.

back to good old money making with the skills at overcrowded, bot-infested trees and mines and fishing spots and the monster hunting with more goldfarmers and annoying noobs and lame drops and the runecrafting with the abyss pkers and the...

I've never been a member, but I'm becoming less and less inclined to become one.

jagex is taking away all the little niche activities that players like I found fun

pest control is hurting.

staking is gone.

merchanting is about to be dead.

if you dedicated yourself to any one of these three activities you could see some accellerated success compared to other in game alternatives...slowing, or in this case stopping, the opportunity for this accellerated success is very asinine in my opinion.

the lack of balance between money making through staking and money making through, say, mining is what makes the game great. Jagex is striving for perfect balance between all activities in runescape, it's making me queasy.

Jagex, if player X wants to do activity Y for his entire runescape life then they should be able to. Just because there are pure merchanters/pure PCers/Pure duelers doesn't neccessarily mean that activity needs changing

//no jagex, I'm not doing the quests that need 75 smithing, 65 hunter, and 55 slayer, 80 [skill i find lame]

100 Combat

91 Strength

70 Defense

82 Attack

85 Magic =)

This game is doomed.

They need to put more effort into catchign and bannign all the lvl 3 gold farmers.

Why put a band-aid on a problem and limit [cabbage] and make the shops have infanit items?

Catch the cheats, ban them.

OG f2p'er for life. 11th Person to Rune Mining.

fusion7.png

Always accepting burnt Lobs!

oh come on, it takes 5 min to make a new account, so you and i both know thay even with every mod banning farmers, macroers and others we still will never have a wholly clean game, plus, this way they say they're improving the experience instead of wasting time.

I require hugs. Seriously, just give them to me, and youll see your little turtle again.

syal_antilli.png

syal_antilli.png

Soon you'll have to pk in full iron, providing that isn't more then 3k though.

I'm scared those rl traders will start using wilderness onoes :ohnoes:

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Lol'd Thanks Jagex!

I never knew that until now.

Being gone Monday and Tuesday blows :P

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

3k gp in 15 min, thats a grand total of 12k gp/hour!

i make more money playing pest control, lol

I make more money killing men with my lv 3 account

I honestly doubt that. 12k an hour... that means getting 6000 drops of coins in an hour, assuming they drop 5 coins. That means at LEAST 6k men an hour. Given that there are only 3600 seconds in an hour, and I KNOW the respawn rate of men is fairly high, and I also know that they don't drop anything worth selling... Plus a level 3 account can't kill them in half a second. Sorry, but at least try to make statements that are true. I know you could have been making a joke, but there are far better uses of peoples time and wasting words on sarcasm.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

make more money doing a lot of other things eh..?

thats probably why they changed it to 3k so u cant make tons of money in a few minutes, i am really mad cause i had just gotten 55 mage on my soon to be staker -.- i hope they change it back soon :pray:

1 defence pure pvp vid 1:

sig.jpg

jedislayer14.png

Proud to have achieved 97 cooking F2P

Soon you'll have to pk in full iron, providing that isn't more then 3k though.

I'm scared those rl traders will start using wilderness onoes :ohnoes:

Mark: OMFG theres a gold farmer in the wild

Andrew: THE WILDERNESS HAS BEEN COMPROMISED

----A few days Later----

In todays update we have removed the wild! but dont worry there is still 1 square of it left in "The Tower of the Ancients" wich has been placed in ardougne. It takes 3 days to climb up there manually but If you have 99 mage you may use a teleport to scale half of it wich uses 100 of each rune! Also in this new wilderness you cannot wear anything but a Bronze Medium helm, A bronze chainbody, and a Bronze Longsword. (Note: since there is only 1 square of wild left there is no room to actually attack anyone so we dont have to worry about goldfarmers anymore)

----RSOF----

*Implode*

I like how seconds after an update is released people start discussing the affects of the update and normally they come to a conclusion that the whole of RuneScape will be destroyed by some series of stupid events which all originated from a small update.

In fact I actually clicked on tipit knowing full well I'd have a childish-complaint-post to view.

+1.

Though I gotta say.. I've never liked dueling, nor am I p2p any longer, but I have to go against Jagex for this update. I understand the big 'Dueling Tourny' update but why make a staking cap? Tisk tisk. Doesn't effect me allt hat much (other than the fact it seems to have lowered rare prices :-k ), but still.

RS Name: Zibl || Click Signature for my RS Life Story!

ziblretieredwarriorchicpc7.jpg

[ 87 Combat ] [ 1240 Total ] [ Ex-RSC Professional Merchant ]

12.20.01 - 10.5.05 || Status: Retired

Total losses in 5 years = just over 630 million gp (BILLIONS in today's prices)

I honestly doubt that. 12k an hour... that means getting 6000 drops of coins in an hour, assuming they drop 5 coins. That means at LEAST 6k men an hour. Given that there are only 3600 seconds in an hour, and I KNOW the respawn rate of men is fairly high, and I also know that they don't drop anything worth selling... Plus a level 3 account can't kill them in half a second. Sorry, but at least try to make statements that are true. I know you could have been making a joke, but there are far better uses of peoples time and wasting words on sarcasm.

wow you actually posted that...

p9793481.gif

p8170253.gif

wow you actually posted that...

go on

men dont only drop coins.. how much are guam leaves.. about 300gp each? you only need 10 guams in an hour to make the same as staking now, and thats not including any other higher herbs.

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

An honest thesis from a nonstaker, nonpker, etc.

1) Most of you people have no idea what this honestly has done to so many honorable people in the game. I'm not supporting massive amounts of money being exchanged so quickly by such a small population, but a lot of people used the duel arena for FUN! 3k is such a horribly small amount, it disgusts me.

2) I don't think this is funny at all. Normally, i don't post, just read, but this required my attention. You can't say 'oh hahaha i lol'd in real life!' without actually coming to the conclusion that about 500,000 accounts just became worth crap. These people spend just as much time leveling their stakers as you do your skillers, your pkers, whatever. I don't see anyone laughing when they take out the bottom half of the wild, used by goldfarmers killing green dragons totally destroying pking.

3) Jagex has been around for a while. For about 5 years, I've watched them grow. Never have I seen them do anything to take away from players who are dedicated to a cause, especially by taking away the cause itself. To take away staking in general would have been a blow to the community even more than this. This way, stakers are still given a strand of hope, because Jagex may change their decision. I support maybe 25k max on a stake. Even if you can only fight in 3 (good) duels in an hour, I've always loved duelling, and now I find myself almost addicted to the tournaments. Hooray for making my homeworld a tournament world!

4) Staking> in threat of cheaters to Pking? Since when?

Knitting. At level 1, you can make fuzzy mittens. At level 50, fuzzy rainbow sweaters. At level 99? Fuzzy pink toe socks.

Oh yeah.

'Scaper since 2002

i never really staked so it doesn't really affect me as much i guess, but the way everyone is saying stuff about the update, it sounds like a lot of people are getting screwed over...I just started playing again when i saw the duel arena tournament thing...

I don't like fun, it upsets me.-- Marilyn Manson