Summoning - How Are You Preparing?

Harrington

Thanks for the great comments and contributions so far. Some great ideas and justifications there :)

For the few who believe that preperation is dumb, I hope you'll be eating your words in a few weeks time ;)

The crucial direct quote that justifies he focus on hunting is the following from the Development Diary...

The core idea being that these summoned animals would do more than just fight for you. "We were also thinking Animal Lore would be to Hunter, what Smithing is to Mining," he continues - you'd either catch and train up animals or call them out of the wild to aid you.

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/view.ws?guid=diary05a

I will continue to update the first post with credits :)

Think about it.while woodcutting you can summon a ferret or something to collect more birds eggs and nests or you can summon a cow or horseto create manure and increase youre chance of crops growing or thats how i see it :P

Love that idea. I also envisioned doing something like mining, then summon a beast of burden to carry your ores back to the bank for you :)

Thats what i see as most interesting in this update,the way these will help in skills.These monsters will be so usless in pking now that players have the ability to ignore monsters attacking the player.Even if it was in place it would be like a gimped version of pokemon

"i summon wolpertingler against youre tz-tok-jad".Would make pking a joke but it does add a definition to the questionable wildy update a few months ago involving this.

How i can see this helping skills:

Agility:summon a bird to carry you over an obstacle or area

woodcutting:As i said earlier a ferret collecting eggs or a stag bashing teh tree to make it fell quicker

cooking:err :P

Fletching:Send an animal to go collect flax while you collect it from their habitat

Thieving:Summon a loud animal like an eagle to fly past the target and distract them while you pickpocket them.

Fishing:Summon a carniverous fish or cat to catch the fish with you quicker

Firemake:Summon a baby dragon to light teh logs twice as fast

Mining:Summon an animal to bash teh rocks like a rock golem

thats all i can think of so far lol but if they get it wright it could be a great and oh so helpful skill :D

tifsdac6mc.gif

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I surely wish 'Summoning' doesn't get released on the Jan 1st, because I'm going to party hard with my mates:p. I don't think I'm going to prepare myself. I'm used to always being late with updates that involve exploiting the wealthy players that wish to level as fast as possible. I'm just going to 'do my thang'

Most of Jagex staff have real lives (well a few of them maybe), and I'm sure they aren't daft enough to release an update like this on Jan 1. I'd take Jan 7th or 14th as my picks for the Summoning release. Of course they may be really mean and make people wait until the last update of the month.

The way that I read the summoning information, is that it will support many skills (i.e., the summoned creatures will assist with different skills), and that it is NOT related to magic. Therefore, any use of essence at most would be as an ingredient. I can see it as being fed by a few different skills (hunter, farming, mining) and supporting all or most skills.

WARNING: Prone to ramble ... but you probably already know that!

truffoo.png

1% F2P : 99% RL

I put in for holidays for january 6th a while back, hopefully the summoning update is 1st of the month, the first monday of january is the 6th, im going to be doing some serious rsing, energy drinks at the ready

jan 1st is a bank holiday = no jagex worky

as for first monday it is the 7th of jan.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

How i can see this helping skills:

Agility:summon a bird to carry you over an obstacle or area

woodcutting:As i said earlier a ferret collecting eggs or a stag bashing teh tree to make it fell quicker

cooking:err :P

Fletching:Send an animal to go collect flax while you collect it from their habitat

Thieving:Summon a loud animal like an eagle to fly past the target and distract them while you pickpocket them.

Fishing:Summon a carniverous fish or cat to catch the fish with you quicker

Firemake:Summon a baby dragon to light teh logs twice as fast

Mining:Summon an animal to bash teh rocks like a rock golem

thats all i can think of so far lol but if they get it wright it could be a great and oh so helpful skill :D

Love those insights... hope that's what Jagex have in mind :)

Contributions updated and credits added :)

Harrington.gif

Collect bones, or other waste products of killing monsters (ash from demons, feathers from chickens, hides from bear/wolf/cow, meat from various creatures). They may be involved in the summoning proces, like reanimating creatures that you have killed. That is what I would do. :-k

Edit:scratch that, I think I may wait a few weeks, or even months, before i start to explore this update. I hate being around when an update is fresh and swarming with mobs of people...it takes the joy out of a relaxing gaming experiance. Cheers to the people that want to clime to the top first, have fun ::'

TheDarkestLight2.jpg

[hide]

Come, be my light.

Mingle with my darkness

May we mix to create

Our own twilight sunset

The dusk breeze

Spreading clouds

On our murky horizon

~Darkpoet837~[/hide]

I cant wait !! im 97 hunter will be getting members back again come wednesday and will get it to 99. Then be looking forward to getting my summoning above 50 atleast. Hopefully having 99 hunter will release maybe a new monster 90+? to collect some valuables.

RSN: 1 day late | Private chat: On

| 60 ATTACK | 81 STRENGTH | 72 HITPOINTS |

| 80 MAGIC | 13 PRAYER | 1 DEFENSE | 65 COMBAT |

I personally am not preparing whatsoever. Look at hunter, it was released with shops that sell just about every item you need to train the skill. I imagine 'Summoning' will be something like that, or it will use tools from hunter. So I'll just sit back and see what happens.

Actually, since I'm F2P, I simply have that extremely bad feeling about this...as I guess that F2P will not even be allowed to touch Summoning at all. :( I'm just praying hard that someone at Jagex has a serious change of heart and releases Summoning for F2Pers too.

Although whatever the outcome, I must reiterate that Summoning will be the most highly anticipated skill ever. And I applaud the spirit of all of you who are preparing for the release next year. Pardon me if my tone is a little too pompous. =;

My Blog

Join the Campaign for more F2P Bank Space!

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

4z9pgcp.gif

3 Hit U did a muggie like move and told "us" that ashes would play a role in summoning without providing any more details. 3 Hit U have been known to have some close relations to at least one jagex mod, so hes credibility is higher than that of a regular player.. But still, its just words.

Fred

fredzsodbtt6.jpg

21 lag piles, 4 Pjs, 2 Party hat kills, 67 newbs teached.

3 Hit U did a muggie like move and told "us" that ashes would play a role in summoning without providing any more details. 3 Hit U have been known to have some close relations to at least one jagex mod, so hes credibility is higher than that of a regular player.. But still, its just words.

Fred

I never said the item "Ashes" I said it would use "Ashes", I choose my words carefully when I post \' it's up to people to believe I meant the item "Ashes" or forms of "Ashes", example; Vampire Dust, etc.

Btw, how you like the 2 new skill icons I found on the RS forum hiscores? :thumbsup:

The way I figure it, the easiest (and best) way to prepare is to do the following three things.

1. Make sure you have plenty of time to explore the full potential of this skill. Logging in at the library ain't gonna cut it, nor will logging in while you have a sink full of dirty dishes.

2. Make sure that you have whatever goals you may have out of the way [enough] for you to experiment with this skill. Nothing breaks up your fun more than knowing you didn't finish something when you had the time to. [December looks like it's going to be pretty quiet, so take your thirty day 'vacation' while you still can.]

3. Earn as much money as you can. Chances are that this skill might not involve any existing items (such as Hunter -- only incorporated maybe four or so items that existed), so gathering large amounts of things like essence, runes, and other things might prove to be too risky in the end.

I recall a horror story regarding the "Farming" skill's release -- players thought if they stocked up on seeds that they would be able to power their way to 99. Same with Construction; tiles were being collected in such massive numbers, and then the update hit and they were absolutely worthless.

Be careful. Only thing that could help (if at all) would be just money. That kind of resource proves near universal when talking about skills.

Construction wasn't actually in BTS,they just said you will be able to make chairs and stuff :roll:

OT: I'll just log on straight away,buy up all the items off the GE as quick as I can and then wait till the rich people decide to power level,and then sell it all and become mega-rich :twisted: :evil: muhahahahahaha

But,tbh,I'll probably have splashed the not very much cash I have on something useless anyway lol. :-X :anxious:

Instead of super strength pots you would have spinach. :lol:

Reply to a thread about Disney Buying Runescape