Firemaking Suggestion - 110+ Supporters

NJE03

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would make the skill a bit less annoying. You could chop an inv of trees, burn half, turn around burn your way back and keep chopping. It doesn't really change the skill either, it just a simple efficient way to make it less annoying.

I support this all the way

Smobo.png

Got his first skill cape April 7th 2009, at lv 121+12 cb and 2000 total

I suppose I could support even though I'm not much of an Fm-er but do note that the control button is already used for something else.

For those who doesn't know this yet, control button can be used to help you run instead of turning your 'run' option on. Simply hold the control button and click away! So I suggest if you find another type of 'hotkey' that would do this.

As a pretty low-leveled lover of FireMaking (and a pretty good [wagon]-kisser) I totally support this idea.

Though I would prefer if it just did it automatically if something was in the way...But that would make it too easy,hmm?

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Holding down control is very annoying. I will support if you find a less annoying way to move east.
No, walking back and forth is annoying. ;)

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

I think that one's hand would get tired if they were constantly holding down ctrl. Also, the key is already the hot-key for running, so it would have to be a different key anyway. Instead how about after you make a fire if the square to the west of you is one that a fire cannot be made in or your character cannot move to that square and the square to the east of you is, then your character moves to the east. So in your example picture after setting a fire against the wall your character would move to the east and then continue moving east as you lay fires because the last fire you lay always prevents you from moving back the the west.

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

I think that one's hand would get tired if they were constantly holding down ctrl. Also, the key is already the hot-key for running, so it would have to be a different key anyway. Instead how about after you make a fire if the square to the west of you is one that a fire cannot be made in or your character cannot move to that square and the square to the east of you is, then your character moves to the east. So in your example picture after setting a fire against the wall your character would move to the east and then continue moving east as you lay fires because the last fire you lay always prevents you from moving back the the west.
You cannot both run AND burn at the same time so this should not be an issue. If you hand gets tired, no one would FORCE you to use the feature. :thumbup:

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

• 3 months later...

Good to see my suggestion alive again. =D>

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

actually, there is quite a lot to be made more realistic for firemaking, for example, you should be able to add wood to a fire to keep it going, but i still support the idea, why not make the next direction random, like 25% chance of going north, 25% chance for going south, 25%....... OR, you could make the character revolve aruond the fire in a square.

something along those lines.....

actually, there is quite a lot to be made more realistic for firemaking, for example, you should be able to add wood to a fire to keep it going, but i still support the idea, why not make the next direction random, like 25% chance of going north, 25% chance for going south, 25%....... OR, you could make the character revolve aruond the fire in a square.

something along those lines.....

I think a random direction would be rather confusing when trying to plan a route to burn logs.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif