Most useful update of 2007

CheapMark

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The grand exchange <3: So godly for slayer.

so godly for everyone but merchants

I made more money on the ge, merchanting, than i ever did before. Granted you have enough base cash (100m+) its awesome.

Since you are whining that merchanting is gone, i assume you are a merchanter, so i asume you have at least 100m. Thus I say: go out, use your brains, and make money on the GE too!

(if you haven't made 100m+ of merchanting, then don't whine, since you obviously * at merchanting).

The grand exchange <3: So godly for slayer.

so godly for everyone but merchants

I made more money on the ge, merchanting, than i ever did before. Granted you have enough base cash (100m+) its awesome.

Since you are whining that merchanting is gone, i assume you are a merchanter, so i asume you have at least 100m. Thus I say: go out, use your brains, and make money on the GE too!

(if you haven't made 100m+ of merchanting, then don't whine, since you obviously * at merchanting).

you got me wrong.I have merchanted once and that was only because i seized the initiative on some really awesome deals but i agree that if you have the cash you can really make a steady profit.Anyway i didnt know someone could extrapulate that but its not exactly favouring the merchants with the price boundaries.

tifsdac6mc.gif

Although many will probably disagree with this, I have to say I liked the Wilderness , Staking, and GWD updates most.

Even though I found my roots in PKing, and most of my fortune came from staking, I found soon after the updates I was not sorry at all to see them go.

For me, staking was such easy money. I was level 45-50 and would frequently win 50k-100k stakes with an occasional 200k santa or rune set in between. While I KNEW it was wrong to trick new players into staking me their wealths, I did it anyways because I really couldn't turn down that kind of money. I'm sure a lot of stakers were, and still are like that. They aren't trying to be cruel, but in order to be successful, they HAVE to be like that.

As for other stakers who try to fight fairly, I've known all too many friends who left because they were cleaned.

Also, I went hunting with three good friends for Revenants and I have to say, it was the most fun I have had in the wilderness for years.

Honestly, I think the Bounty Hunter thing is the best update this year. (seriously)

:evil: Sadist lol.

Naa the most useful one was probably clan chat.

But impetuous impulses helped fund the drop parties :)

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

Crossbows were definetly a big update. Range was pretty weak till this year. Also sorceress garden. Thieving rarely gets updates. Then I suppose once grand exchange settles down (know idea how long it will take) I will be able to say that to was a good update. Those are my top 3.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

I have to go with The Grand Exchange. It really gives Jagex a tremendous amount of control over the game's economy combined with the balanced trade system. Hopefully these measurements will put a stop to all the major flaws runescape's economy had been suffering from, such as inflation.

rhnw0.jpg

Click my signature to visit my blog: _The Endless Road To Advancement

The Grand Exchange! :thumbsup:

And even though I don't like the PKing/Staking updates (or should I call them downdates?) I like Jagex for doing what they did. I believe that real world item trading is a bigger problem than most people think and that Jagex probably lost a lot of money off of real world item trading. Think of all the money involved in recovering stolen credit card money and such. Also even speaking to certain governments about this problem, must have been quite big. Sure, the real world item traders might move to another game, but at least it's not RuneScape, and maybe other gaming companies will follow Jagex and do the same kind of thing, without destroying the game too much. Jagex did a very brave (and many would say stupid) move.

I believe in Jagex and hope that the minigames coming out next year will make up for PKing/Staking being removed :)

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

Ava's accumulator update to auto pick up arrows/bolts is #1 for me - sped up training range immensely.

GE is a close #2, made a bundle in the first few days of it opening and can now buy very cheap training goods.

Clan Chat falls into 3rd place - I love this!

God Wars... It was one of the two truly high-level updates the whole year. The other was the Barbarian Dungeon, which paled in terms of usefulness and enjoyability. Mithril Dragons are not worth the effort to kill, and the Dragon Full Helm is useless garbage. It looks awesome, but I'd rather use that 50m on a Godsword. I do not consider Dragonfire Shields as a high-level update, because anybody can receive them as a drop. It doesn't take a high level to kill metal (iron/steel) dragons... In order to slay a God Wars boss or do Mith Dragons, you have to be a relatively high level. Granted, it is possible to do Miths at a lower level but you'll end up with one kill a trip.

td2sig.jpg

1. bracelets, new necklaces

2. New lunar spells

3. Varrock achievement diary

4. GWD

5. Clan chat

6. GE

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.