Your *outrageous* fast-food experience.

Agunimon979

This is a recreation of the topic I had a little while ago, like a year.

Anyways, we all know how fast-food restaraunts are the lowest of the food chain, and how it is common to have disgusting or weird experiences there, such as inexperienced employees, food, restaraunt quality, etc.

I'll start. One time my dad brought me to the Mickey D drive through to get something and our order was held up because someone ordered 14 cheeseburgers.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time I went to McDonalds I ordered a mcgriddle with no cheese and they gave me just two mcgriddle biscuits. Made me pretty angry because I was pretty sure the lady did it on purpose.

pan.png

Oh man... fast food places hate me with passions. I'm that fussy eater that wants to take away 3 of the main ingredients, add some of my own, change the sauce, freshly cooked :lol:

I've had a lot of bad run ins, especially when they get it wrong 4 times in a row when I take it back. I do feel guilty though... regardless that they should keep up their reputation and have attention to detail, if I want a gourmet meal I should go to a fancy restaurant :lol:

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Taco Bell: I'd like a double decker with NO LETTUCE and add sour cream please.

I get it with lettuce and tomatoes on it.

*Sighs*

But then they make me a new one and I give the tomatoey ick one to a friend who likes them.

I buy A&W. and it was good. everytime.

I agree.

Every time I have been to McDonalds, someone in my party has gotten the wrong order. Every time.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

I agree.

Every time I have been to McDonalds, someone in my party has gotten the wrong order. Every time.

A&W FTW, but the closest one to me is a 1 hour drive away -.-.

As McD, I don't go there anymore, All I liked was the crispy chicken, but now they changed the recipe and I don't like the sauce. Now when I try to go and have normal mc chicken sauce, takes like 3 or 4 times before they get the order right. That is, EVERYTIME!

As for another bad story, also at McD, in another town, we were eating there (some friends and I) and we saw that guy drop a fajita and still put it in the package :o :shock:

My friend has a loudspeaker mounted on his truck. So we pulled up to the drive through one time and started ordering through his intercom. Well, this evidentally confused the girl working at the window because after about 5 minutes of saying, "sir, please don't yell into the speaker, you're talking too loud and I can't understand you", she comes out to the truck to ask if everything's ok.

It's also a known fact that fast-food workers around here cannot count out money without the aid of a cash register. I once gave a person a 10 dollar bill at a drive-through window, and received 12 dollars and some change back. Gf basic mathematics.

Other than the occasional order-mess up, nothing bad has really happened to me. However, I tend to notice that the drive-thru people cause more problems than in the inside.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I was with my friends at Taco Bell and we saw a guy order 10 tacos and eat them all by himself :shock: And i thought eating 5 or 6 was a lot.

Another time at Taco Bell (the same one) me and like 6 friends were out at like 1 am and we were hungry. We go through the drive through and order 15 SOFT tacos because no one had any money. We get the tacos but they were HARD tacos :wall: So we took them back in and got the right order and kept the other tacos too. So we ordered 15 tacos, but ended up with 30 :mrgreen: \' That night rocked :D

Lowest, don't make me laugh. If it were for them we'd be stuffed when it came to eating. The store i work at is one of the cleanest, sanitized, high quality in Brisbane (And yes it's a fast food chain).

I've never had a bad experience with the place itself just the customers. The ones who want to change everyone or complain at the slightest things.

"boo hoo this gravy isn't filled to the top of the container"

"Oh no my gravy spilt because it was too full"

"I don't want the chicken in the cabinet i want fresh chicken"

Newsflash when you ask for something "FRESH" it never is, it's just removed from a heating cabinet out back where you can't see it. So who's the fool now?

Gosh that turned more into a rant. :thumbsup:

Whats A&W?

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

I work at McDonalds so I see experiences like this all the time (and cause a few since I'm the "new" guy :ohnoes: )

I have one experience I will share for now.

So this guy comes in with his friend and orders a McChicken, with cheese. So he and his friend get their food and go eat, and about halfway through his McChicken he notices there is no cheese. He brings up the order and has it replaced.

The next day, he comes in again with the same friend, and orders another McChicken with cheese. And once again, he gets about halfway through his sandwich and realizes yet again, that there is no cheese. So he comes up and has to have it made again. I havn't seen him since lol.

I find that customers like to complain, or order a very specific item a lot as well, like the above poster said. Some of them want "fresh" french fries. It's not like we cooked them 3 weeks ago... and thier in a heated area so they arn't old and cold.

I've also noticed drive through gets a lot of angry people coming back. There was some sort of commotion today with a drive through person, probably something about forgetting orders, it ended with like 3 people getting the number of the owner to complain. :wall:

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

when i went to mcdonalds, i saw a lady (one of the workers) that dropped a bun of a hamburger on the floor, she picks it up and puts it in the patty. happened a few months ago, i thought it was pretty disgusting and of course, weak.

Well, I saw this lady walk up to the counter with 2 burgers, probably what she ordered, and said 'This burger came with cheese and my son didn't want cheese - And this burger came without cheese!'. On top of this her sons were like, older than 16. Oh that was so funny.

Once I ordered like, 8 meals for me and my friends, we went back to the table and there were no fries. :wall:

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

Newsflash when you ask for something "FRESH" it never is, it's just removed from a heating cabinet out back where you can't see it. So who's the fool now?

My brother is actually a fast food manager, quite high up and I was an ex trainee manager in my younger years. We both live in Brisbane and asking for "fresh" doesn't mean it's removed. Asking for fresh means you cook it from scratch but it takes longer. Removing it from the heating cabinet anyway when a customer has specifically asked for "fresh" is actually against company policies. 7 minutes is usually standard. Nuggets are a popular ask as well as fries. If you practice that kind of thing in your store, I would call you a poor worker, sorry.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

I found hair in my mashed potatoes.And its in those plastic containers,I was at KF-frikking-C!

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I agree.

I once had that all Happy meals were runned out because there were so many kids at omce(me and about 6 other kids)All got one meal exept for me, on my own party -.-

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

So many young people working for fast food chains fail to realize one of the key things "to think like a customer"

If they've asked for no lettuce, obviously don't put lettuce on the burger, change your damn gloves.

If something isn't full, fill it up.

If something isn't hot, heat it up.

If the dining room is a mess, get out there and clean it - people don't like sitting at messy tables.

Clean as you go, ta da your work place doesn't look like a pig pen.

"magic moments" - Doing that little bit extra to bring a smile before they leave.

They may seem like pains in the [wagon]'s for people who don't care about their work ethic but seriously, it's not that hard. You'll avoid a lot of complaints to begin with.

Then again I was an anal manager but the store had a great reputation. People who couldn't be bothered to do things properly didn't have a job. Your staff can only be as good as your manager.

igoddessIsig.png

One time I went to maccas with 4 other friends; every single burger was wrong. And the fries were the wrong size. And we got shorted two sundaes.

It's never happened before; although occasionally they've almost forgotten something untill they see me still standing there and they double check the order screen :lol:

We have a KFC up near us - In the past they got our order wrong every single time we've been there. I had enough by about the 6th time where we got stale chips, potato and gravy with no potato in it, they forgot to put cheese on my burger and mums piece of chicken was a scabby little wing with 0 meat on it, crumbed. All the food tasted off and my partner even got sick from it. You definitely develop a reputation when it happens so frequently, we never go there anymore.

There is also a subway near us - I refuse to eat there because they don't clean their salad bar. Bits of onion all over the carrot, chilies in their lettuce, olives in their tomatoes, crap on their bread cutting knives... Yuck. If the health inspector decided to open one of their microwaves, the place would be shut down.

On the plus side there is a Mc Donalds near us and they are wonderful. The order is right, every single time. The staff are always happy, the place is always beautifully clean, when I ask for fresh, I don't mind waiting 7 minutes while I can see them cooking it from scratch. I've tipped off "secret customers" to go there on numerous of occasions.

igoddessIsig.png