guys pretending to be girls

ixfd64

As we know, there are some male RuneScape players who will pretend to be a female in an attempt to get free items or to reduce the chance of getting attacked in PvP games.

Anyways, I found a post on another forum that describes how to tell if a "girl" is really a guy. I think it's a rather interesting read.

http://www.netplay.ph/msgboard/index.ph ... opic=13777

What do you guys think? Is it accurate?

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

Frankly it shouldn't matter if they are a boy or a girl they're your friend none the less(hopefully) unless of course your hitting on them and or dating them which is just sad and pathetic and against the rules also. My main point is the guys who want to be girls and vise versa :shock: in RS and either Fruity or gold diggers.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Haha, yep I agree with pretty much everything there. Pretty much sums up exactly what we don't do, stereotypes are stupid anyway. Sure there are exceptions but girls aren't idiots and we won't do anything like that.

Or at least I won't anyway

Actually come to think of it, I can't remember a time when someone has hit on me OR offered me help. Maybe there's such thing as an "ugly" girl character here :lol:

Along the coast road, by the headland

The early lights of winter glow.

Ill pour a cup to you my darling.

Raise it up --- say cheerio.

I will admit, my first character on WoW was a female. Why? She looked better than the guys, and I figured "what the heck?" Then you get to level 70, join a new guild, start raiding, join their Vent server, and "ZOMG UR NOT A GURL!" Hilarity ensues. Well, hilarity and hours of explaining, then getting told that you're a pervert, a sicko/wacko, and you need help. Oh, and that you also need to get a life, but that's universal.

Trust me: so not worth it. The slight advantage that you would get from guys getting you stuff would be far outweighed by the horrifying nightmare that is stalkers.

I think a lot of those rules can be applied to an extent. Girl Gamers tend to be more mature than their stereotype. I don't usually get much attention as a girl gamer and I am quite happy to just play the game alongside my male counterparts.

On the other hand one of my friends who used to play Runescape never asked for any attention yet she always got it. I remember she was telling me once she was in a war and after the war got crashed and called off she was attacked. Her entire clan seeing this piled the guy and wouldn't stop until they had chased the guy right out of the wilderness. It happened all the time. When she played Castle Wars people would blow up barricades for her, open doors. I always thought it was quite sweet. She never asked for anything, yet guys seemed happy to help her in anyway they could.

Girl Gamers do on a general scale have a much harder time when playing games because people do think they are males and do think they have less ability when it comes to playing a game. On the whole, mature girl gamers are generally very good at gaming. You only have to look at the tip.it girls and their high scores and their maturity.

Well, some of them are just trying to not be called noobs all the time, so they try to counteract it by becoming females. It actually works against male gamers (the kind that will call you a noob for anything). I tried it myself in fact. Wasn't called a noob once. ::'

j0xPu5R.png

Well, some of them are just trying to not be called noobs all the time, so they try to counteract it by becoming females. It actually works against male gamers (the kind that will call you a noob for anything). I tried it myself in fact. Wasn't called a noob once. ::'

I tried it for the past month. Almost nobody tried to mess with me. Now I changed back to a guy and appear in varrock center for a clothes change, and 4 ppl call me a noob.... :evil:

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

This reminds me of a few stories I've heard over the years. Like my friend whos like 18 or 19 now and used to play RS a while ago, with a girl character. My mate, Adam (known online as Jess) had a sugar daddy who would hive him/her party hats and [cabbage] whenever (s)he wanted. One day one of his friends told his boyfriend that he was actually a guy. He (the sugar daddy) never logged back on. :lol: Wonder what happened to him...

Or my friend (another guy) was telling me about his girl character on wow. Someone called him gay for having a girl character, and he had the best response: "I'd rather stare at a girl's arse than a guy's for 60 levels."

Some games do not mix...

gtasimcopy.gif

There was a quest where you had to become a female to complete it, but it gave you the money to change back, or a free change or whatever. When i did it, during that quest, i recieved over 500k in freebies from horny kids who like dodgy graphic women... so i went with it, and my ignore list soon became a monster of epic proportion, and my bank filled with free mystic robes and dragon skirts (back when they were 1 mill too!)

point is, its a smart move if your smart about it. but yeah, i changed because i got bored.. meh.

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!

Lol, but it's a good thing. If all those guys didn't get female avatars we wouldn't get the illusion that there are girls playing the game. That would be depressing.

2480+ total

I'm female with a female avatar, but I don't like to describe myself as a "girl" because people then think makeup, pretty hair, ditzy, weak, useless, stupid, or looking for a good time.

8. In reply to the article, I quite dislike pink. Purple's my color.

7.I may do a few "^_^"s or "yay"s but no "tee hee"s :/

6. (WoW) My undead is named Ezia (f), and I had a troll named Khalyth (m). Often I'll go with just Zaybex.

5. Rofl, I don't do my nails. Waste of time. Sometimes I'll say "shower" (or the reason) to give people an estimate on when I'll return, other times simply "20 minutes"

4. I danced on top of a hard-to-reach roof in WoW because it was hard-to-reach and I didn't want to just stand around, so I celebrated. Sometimes I dance in RS, and I run at people and do the Goblin Salute right in front of them because it's hilarious.

3. I guess I'd be choice B. :/

2. I don't think I've ever told anyone this excuse. Maybe once.

1. I'll slay my own demons, gtfo.

I'd like to add that I am sick of all the guys who I become friends with that get cutesy with me just because I'm female. Stop it. Srsly.

First skill to 70...

zaybex.png

I don't see the big deal tbh -.-

I am equally as nice to male or female characters, rs is after all just a game...just depends the sort of mood I'm in :lol:

But if men want to make female accounts, just for free stuff?

then the moron, horny teenage boys are the only ones losing out, so who cares... :D

You only live twice. Once when you are born and once when you look death in the face.

Do not fear Death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light. But, if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity...

I was a girl for a really long time in RS. Not to get free items, but because the girl avatar looks a lot cooler in things like Guthans, plate armor, and the dialogue box and such.

But the saddest thing is that people actually were noticeably nicer to me. It's so incredibly stupid that the RS community judges you based on your "supposed" gender. It angers me so. -.-

Gasp! Is it possible that the common RS player is... is less than intelligent? :o

I admit, I do do this. It's a rather easy strategy. Although, it is not my mindset to make myself look as "girly" as possible. This is a side note, if I pay any attention to it at all. I want to have fun, and if I get a little extra attention along the way, or possibly some help in the form of money, so be it, but spending too much time on this is just unnecessary.

I believe many of the things in the article are true. Let's face it, not many girls play mmorpg games such as runescape. There r few, but it is evident that the majority of these gamers are males. Since everyone is male in rs, ppl go crazy for those few female players out there. If these female players ask for a few extra gp or tele runes they need they have a higher chance of getting it than a male player asking for it.

And because of this male players make their characters as females. Only few do this for closet stuff the rest r smart and use it to get a slight edge than another person. Since rs has a makeover mage u can easily change from one gender to another. This could be a good strategy for activities in pvp minigames and pking related things as well.

The article does share how to figure out impostors and these methods r usually true. This leads us to ppl saying lol! u like turning urself into a girl? and when this happens to actual female characters it may be upsetting.

Personally I think this is true but stupid. I dont understand why ppl go crazy for pixelated chicks

that is pretty wrong. however u must also remember that it isnt wrong for males to play on female characters. wat if they just like to do so? it is a mmorp and it is roleplaying. U have choices and nobody can tell u on what type of character to be.

In my opinion, there's no point to being nicer to a guy or girl in a game of pixels.

coming from a clan or pking in general, no one gives a (cabbage)((real word wasn't censored)) if your a guy or a girl, they just want you pixels. So personally I don't care, and its stupid if anyone is nicer because of the gender of a character.

(Remember this is a game not a dating service, no need to show your niceness more to girls then guys, in hopes of getting a date.)

People are nicer to girls... because they are girls..

Guys don't care how other guys seem them, so generally they don't attempt to be nice.

Guys want to be nice to any girl, just to show they are decent people. It's not about wanting to be their "Boy friend" it's just about being nice. I will admit I'm nicer to the females more than the males, with the males, I have this thing in my head which is like "well they are guys, they won't get easily pissed off because I say this"

Guys with guys: Beers, cursing, talking about chicks, watching football.

Guys with girls: Watching some corny movie, shopping, being respectful.

sotw7bar.png