"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

*slightly editted for benefits of reader*

You might remember me from about 50 pages back. I'm back again with another wild situation.

I'm somewhat fresh off of a long term relationship (it ended about three months ago).

I met a girl and we hit it off immediately. I Forgive me for not believing it, but I think she's trying to play me. My issue is that I can't figure it out one way or another.

Today I made up my mind. I believe her.

I'm worried if I'm being used. I'm so lost.

Am I being played, or should I trust her?

Now read it back to yourself. You sound a bit confused. And that makes sense. You just met this girl, everything is very new and to top it all off you're "fresh" off a long term relationship. I wouldn't consider three months fresh, but the important concept is that you do. I don't remember your situation from 50 pages ago exactly, but I do remember commenting on it for it's complexity. I assume you cared alot for your old gal and now you're having trust issues. perfectly normal reactions. For you I pray this girl isn't using you. I would say she isn't, but I'm not her. My advice is to keep your mind away from such thoughts, go to prom and have a good time.

well, i'd say that your completely fine. just go and have a good time, and maybe hang out with her once or twice before prom. thats always a good idea. if after you hang out with her you still see a risk in rejection at prom, have a backup plan. if she is running off and flirting with other guys, you should be able to go off and flirt with other girls. play to win the game. if she has some feelings for you and sees that your screwing around with other girls, the end ressult of the night can be fabulous. likewise, if she runs off first, you've got nothing to lose :thumbup:

breakdown:

1. hang out

2. go to prom

3. have backup plan

4. have fun at prom

-if girl runs off

1. do the same

2. chase after her ::'

5. realize that no matter what happens, you can still have fun at prom.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

So the questions more formally:

1. Should I continue to talk to her etc in class and try to get her to like me.

2. Why did she act like she likes me and then say no. Wtf...

3. Did I do anything wrong?

Here's what I think you did wrong. Note that this is only from a solid game's point of view, and nobody has any game in high school anyway. It doesn't mean you have no chance with her, it's just what you shouldn't do next time for better results.

It sounds like you said jokes hoping for a reaction. If you wait for a response, you lose value. Bring her into your own reality, you don't need to care if she laughs or not, you're just talking and she is listening.

You traded numbers too early in my opinion. Since you traded numbers before she was attracted to you, she is just thinking it's as friends. Asking for her number before attraction seals the deal for you being in the friends column.

Your biggest mistake was spilling your feelings early, never do this. If you like her and she doesn't like you, where is the challenge? It's not alpha male, it's beta. You need to attract her, get her qualifying herself to you and let her win you over. That's the easiest and most efficient way of it happening, any other way and you're bumbling along by pure chance.

Imagine holding a piece of string above a cat. It goes nuts right? The cat will chase it around the house and over furniture trying to get that thing. As soon as you give it the string, it might play with it for a second and then walk away. I realize how derogatory this sounds, but it's the same case with women and I can't think of a better way to explain it. Everybody appreciates things they have to work for, much much more than if it were given to them.

Limiting supplies is a great marketing strategy and it uses the same concept.

It doesn't seem like she was acting like she likes you, it takes time. With solid game it can only take 20 minutes. You'd need to wait at least a week. Girls can also give out fake IOIs subconsciously, if you think it's too early then ignore them. In school it can be hard for a beginner to find IOI's, you should have let her ask you for your number first because that is an obvious one.

I would drop the liking thing with her, wait a little while and then start disqualifying her while building attraction. To build attraction, show her you are the leader of men, you have a sense of humor, you are a catch, and you are preselected by women. More alpha less beta.

(this is just a rant, no need to give advice, it's just kind of funny)

Me and my girlfriend went on a break kinda thing where we would have no commitment. Not only did she get two guys to get out with her in a week, but one of them was 11 years older than her. fml.

:lol:

True story, it's so sad it's hilarious.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Me and my girlfriend went on a break kinda thing where we would have no commitment. Not only did she get two guys to get out with her in a week, but one of them was 11 years older than her. fml.

Get with her sister and/or mother. DESTROY THEIR FAMILY FROM THE INSIDE OUT RAAAAAAAAGGGHHHH.

Seriously, brah. I'd get revenge like that, because it's a [bleep]ing hilarious way to break up with a chick.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

So I was at this party and there was this chick, probably a 9.4, anyway I disqualified her like 17 times, and then got like... 80 lOl's (cause I'm so good at THE GAME), but she won't break up with her boyfriend and date me, what am I doing wrong?

So I was at this party and there was this chick, probably a 9.4, anyway I disqualified her like 17 times, and then got like... 80 lOl's (cause I'm so good at THE GAME), but she won't break up with her boyfriend and date me, what am I doing wrong?

It's called her having a stable relationship. I highly recommend you try it. I am getting really sick of this The Game stuff, but whatever.

Flyingjj.png

It's called her having a stable relationship. I highly recommend you try it. I am getting really sick of this The Game stuff, but whatever.

That MAY or MAY NOT be exactly why I posted the above pathetic attempt at contemptuous sarcasm.

That MAY or MAY NOT be exactly why I posted the above pathetic attempt at contemptuous sarcasm.

Sarcasm on the net is hard to notice. All you came across as in that first post is a tool.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Sounds like my past 11 Ex Girlfriends... (Only they couldnt wait 2 weeks after)

This is more a Friendship based question then Love etc.

My current Ex was a good friend of mine, for 8+ years now. The day Valentines hit, she ignored me and broke up. now, I sent a text to her 2 weeks ago asking her "Hey, Hows uni going for ya? we should catch up and see a movie like old time friends if your interested" She hasnt replyed since we broke up to anything, or even this message. Even though her parents devorced and it was her first year in UNI, doesn't it seem a little unusual to just eject an' old friend from your life? What should I do? Accept that she's erased me and others from her life, or continue trying to get in contact? for the sake of our Friendship, not as my ex.

Popoto.~<3

My current Ex was a good friend of mine, for 8+ years now. The day Valentines hit, she ignored me and broke up. now, I sent a text to her 2 weeks ago asking her "Hey, Hows uni going for ya? we should catch up and see a movie like old time friends if your interested" She hasnt replyed since we broke up to anything, or even this message. Even though her parents devorced and it was her first year in UNI, doesn't it seem a little unusual to just eject an' old friend from your life? What should I do? Accept that she's erased me and others from her life, or continue trying to get in contact? for the sake of our Friendship, not as my ex.

Try getting in contact with her, I'm trying to do that woth one of my ex girlfriends, she hasn't spoken with me since we broke up, now she has moved to South Australia so I can't talk with her. (She lives with whoever her current boyfriend is, if they break up she has to find a new one to move in with.)

The Game is brilliant tbh. So much better when I feel in control of the situaltion with a girl. Only read the first chapter aswell.

Oh and rpggamer, i would completely remove her from your life. I was with a girl a couple of months ago who suggested an open relationship. Basically told her where to go and not spoken to her since. :thumbup:

iteme3721.jpg

^ Can i ask what 'The Game' is?

Ok, i have a question but its not for me but it fits the thread.

One of my best mates (i'll call 'A') was with his gf for about a year, they split up about 3 -4 months ago but hes still incredibly hung up on her. They see each other all the time, he spends alot of time around her house etc and there still really good friends. From what i know, she has said theres no chance between them two again, but hes still really hung up on her. But now, another really good friend of mine (I'll call her B) likes that mate, she is really hung up on him, who is really hung up on the ex. The first mate 'A' has said he really liked 'B' but wont be with her because hes still hung up on his ex. Last night i had to spend a night out with them both, was incredibly annoying as they were both barely talking to each other.

Any idea how to try and get the guy (A) over his ex, because it really isn't doing him any good being so hung up on her for so long.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

The Game is a book by Neil Strauss, it is an autobiography on his life as a pickup artist, but the book really help others. (Provided you don't get too hung up on the morality on some of the stuff said in the book.)

Leave it as water under the bridge. If she wanted to be your friend she would have messaged back or made an effort to get in to contact with you. I'm afraid if you keep messaging she's going to think you're obsessed with her and she may tell you to [bleep] off or get her new boyfriend to ring you. It's great that you want to stay friends with her but I think it was clear from the day she chose to ignore you rather than tell you the truth that she doesn't think too highly of you as a person. Some people don't believe that ex's can be friends. Or that ex's are ex's for a reason ;)

It's a real shame though, I think you're great.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Time to ask the Love Masters of the RuneScape Off-Topic for some advice.

It's not about a particular girl, but rather the personality. I'm not a very social guy, but don't use that to think I'm a quiet geek loser ( :geek: ). I can talk and will talk if there is something to talk about but my trouble is finding something to talk in the first place.

I work/help/forced to help in my school store where they sell drinks, candy, and such and I get a lot of customers, a lot of them cute girls. I don't want to just say "$1.50. Thanks." over and over again. But I don't know what to say!

Is there some sort of general rule/advice/something you guys do before talking with strangers? I need a few steps after saying "Sup." too, so don't say "just talk lulz".

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

It's not about a particular girl, but rather the personality. I'm not a very social guy, but don't use that to think I'm a quiet geek loser ( :geek: ). I can talk and will talk if there is something to talk about but my trouble is finding something to talk in the first place.

I work/help/forced to help in my school store where they sell drinks, candy, and such and I get a lot of customers, a lot of them cute girls. I don't want to just say "$1.50. Thanks." over and over again. But I don't know what to say!

Is there some sort of general rule/advice/something you guys do before talking with strangers? I need a few steps after saying "Sup." too, so don't say "just talk lulz".

Well, if you're working at the store you probably won't be talking to the person for a long time. Something simple like "hey, hows it going?" is probably as much as you'll be able to say while you give them their candy bar. Just make small talk, smile, and if you do have time to strike up a real conversation try not to sound like an idiot I guess :P

Amaranth_GTO.png

Just forget her man, if she doesn't respond after that long, then she probably won't respond.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Just needed somewhere to reflect&vent.

Jesus [bleep]ing Christ relationships can suck.

To give context to that:

So right now I have a girlfriend. We want to date, but it's going to be hard as hell. The problem? She plays water polo at a very competitive level. Competitive enough that this weekend she has nationals, and then in July she's going to Hungary for a month, plus already has a scholarship for water polo. This means that she has 10-12 practices every week. Add school, and that leaves (her with) nearly no time for us. I wouldn't care that much (Okay, I would still care) if her practices drop down to the 4 per week they were supposed to after nationals. The thing is they aren't now. On the plus, exams are over early to mid-June, which leaves two or three weeks without school before she goes to Hungary. Also, then she's back for the last half of Summer. Either way, we're about as happy as we'll be in present the present situation. :D

Don't really need any advice, just really needed somewhere to sort through my thoughts. Okay, maybe I'm fishing for reassurances.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

You're only working there, I don't think they'd expect you to say much.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

The Game is a book by Neil Strauss, it is an autobiography on his life as a pickup artist, but the book really help others. (Provided you don't get too hung up on the morality on some of the stuff said in the book.)

That book should be read strictly as an autobiography, not as a manual of any sort ;)

77yLQy8.png

That book should be read strictly as an autobiography, not as a manual of any sort ;)

Is more of an indircet advice giver than a manual.