"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice

Da_Latios

Ah, I see, one word answers...I get those a lot....:(

And no participation...I get that quite a bit to...:(

I would love to not have to text, but lets be honest, I'm in 7th grade, and most girls [cabbage] their pants when it comes to face-to-face conversations. They never say much and pretty much blow you off.

Yeah... you need to wait a few years, mabye 3-4.

I have a problem. Long story short, I'm messed up and haven't been actually attracted to a girl in 3 years. I've just been objectifying them, which I don't want to do. Finally after all the girls I've been in contact with, I start feeling an attracted to one. Only issue is, it's my best mates girl :wall: :wall:

I haven't been over their place in a while like I used to because it's driving me nuts.. Of all the girls I know, why the hell her?

I suspect I'm subconsciously only in it for the challenge, and what better relationship related challenge is there than this? I know she is somewhat attracted to me, but she is definitely off limits. Even if he broke up with her, I wouldn't go there unless I waited like a year.

Any ideas on how I can stay friends with both of them and not go insane?

Ah, I see, one word answers...I get those a lot....:(

And no participation...I get that quite a bit to...:(

I would love to not have to text, but lets be honest, I'm in 7th grade, and most girls [cabbage] their pants when it comes to face-to-face conversations. They never say much and pretty much blow you off.

Expect 1 word answers and no participation. Do you think she will be interested in you, before she is interested in you? You will need to do 95% of the talking until she is becoming attracted.

I have a problem. Long story short, I'm messed up and haven't been actually attracted to a girl in 3 years. I've just been objectifying them, which I don't want to do. Finally after all the girls I've been in contact with, I start feeling an attracted to one. Only issue is, it's my best mates girl :wall: :wall:

I haven't been over their place in a while like I used to because it's driving me nuts.. Of all the girls I know, why the hell her?

I suspect I'm subconsciously only in it for the challenge, and what better relationship related challenge is there than this? I know she is somewhat attracted to me, but she is definitely off limits. Even if he broke up with her, I wouldn't go there unless I waited like a year.

Any ideas on how I can stay friends with both of them and not go insane?

You'll probably just have to wait it out, you don't want to cause any conflicts. I've been in a situation where practically ALL of my friends (includeing me) were going for the same girl. In these sort of situation it's really the girl's decision, you can't really impose anything on her without seeming desperate/aggressive. You don't want to start considering the girl as an item to be "had".

Anyways I know how you feel about "why did it have to be so attracted to THAT girl", causes some major emotional semi-breakdowns, eh?

[problems]

Try being friends with uglier girls as a start. You'll start appreciating personality more. That's a start to stop objectifying women. Now, as for the best friend problem ... You may just be screwed. Sounds like a cliche, although cliches have to be based on something. Really doesn't sound like a good thing there. I'd just try holding out, looking at other girls while you consider.

This is why it's a good thing I've had so many people tell me how to get girls, and I've been able to combine them all. I can game strangers and still stay friends with other girls. I think getting a start so early has helped, as well. Instead of just being one of the guys that is either a complete anti-social freak or just [bleep]s everything he sees (because he knows they won't say no), I'm just what I am.

It kinda sucks.

Anyways, on the subject of texting, I like it more than talking unless you actually can be face-to-face. Gives you more time to think of what to say. And I have a phone that will pick up the slightest breath as a dragon roar, so there's that.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

amg, new problem.

It all started thursday in history....we were learning about the bill of rights, when suiddenly this girl, Gabrielle, but prefers to be called Coco, makes a comment about the discussion:

"Oh! Mr. Goodman! My grandfather wrote a letter to the supreme court regarding that case and that letter is now cited as a major item from that trial blah blah blah..."

I was so pissed off.

No you're probably wondering, so what, who gives a [cabbage]? Normally, this wouldn't bug me but...

A: She does this quite often, as if to say, "haha, my lineage is better than yours!"

B: She's the [bleep]ing model student. Her not getting 100% on a test is practically unheard of. Once again, "haha, my lineage > your lineage and I > you!"

So yeah, that pissed me off...

Anyway, I was walking home from school the next day with my friend, and we were discussing this. Our Dialouge went something like:

Me: "God, why is she always so up her [wagon] with 'I'm better than you'"?

Him: "She really isn't..."

Me: "Really... :roll: . Somehow I never seem to hear the end of how she's completely bilingual because she lived in Spain for 5 years."

Him: "She doesn't really talk about it that much..."

Me: "Maybe not, but nonewithstanding, she makes it obvious that she's better than everyone else..."

We go on like this for a while...but I'll resume a but later in the convo...

Me: "Her problem is just she can't empathize with the common layman. She lives inside a bubble of smart and popular people, and in her eyes, the commonfolk, the folk who don't score an avg. of 99.5% on tests, but instead maybe 89%'s or 92%'s are nothing."

Him: "That's completely unfair and based on nothing. Give examples."

Me: I've been in her social class for two years, and she's never even said, 'hi,' to me."

Him: "..."

Me: "Does she talk to [name withheld for privacy] in French ever?

Him: "No..."

I go on and cite many more examples...anyways, let's continue to Saturday (today)

We were both at our friend's justin's bar mitzvah (mazel tov justin!) and we were still debating, so I decided to conduct a field test

I had Chris, who was friends with Coco, talk with jJohn, a normal guy. I had them "coincidentially" meet up with Coco, and have chris talk to her. The point of this test was to sees how Coco would react to, if she even acknoledged, John.

Sounds good enough?

Here's where it gets bad:

I'm watching my test from afar, when I hear my name spoken by Chris. Hmmm? I turn around to read a text, and find in a second, I was being tapped on the shoulder by Coco. I then proceeded to drop my phone like an idiot. I picked it up and legged it to the guys room ASAP b/c I didn't want to be confronted by her, after all of the mean things I'd said.

The story should end here. It doesn't.

After I reached the sanctuary of the men's bathroom, she sent in guys as messengers, to tell me to come out. One messenger said,

Coco via Messenger: "I want to be your firend" <-----Sarcastic?

I stood in there for about 10 minutes, and then proceeded to avoid her for the next 50 mniutes. After that, everyone started leaving. I didn't see Coco in the main room so I figured she had to be either

A: waiting to be picked up

B: gone

I took my chance and took a look. She was there, and she called me over to where she was and she asked me,

"Do you feel like talking to me is a chore?" <------ GUILT TRIP ALERT :!: :!:

So I sat there for a minute. I got scared again and made a phonecall which I used as an excuse to sneak away, and haven't seen/talked to her yet.

Does the story end HERE? No.

So now I feel bad and I am trying to make ammend, but I can't because I don't want to call her, want to do it over aim. Took me an hour to hunt arround for her sn. Well, as luck would have it, she is apparently never on AIM. So I decided to have my friends call her to tell her to go on AIM. Over two hours and 3 calls, the line was busy every time. Yay.

Is this the end of the stroy? Yes. What now?

Indie_Kids.png

"Don't push me; what's the hurry?" - Imogen Heap

It sounds like you were being a [bleep]. She probably found out about what you were saying, felt bad about it because she realized/thought she might have been acting that way and wanted to make up for it. Just talk to her, whether in person or otherwise. If it's in person, don't freak out. Keep eye contact when you're talking, don't cross your arms, make it seem like you're open to her talking to you. that's my advice.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

[problems]

Try being friends with uglier girls as a start.

:lol: That's so blunt.

But yeah Panzer, I'd agree with doomsavenger; she probably found out that you've been [bleep]ing about her.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Hate to double post but I found this blog post about approaching girls:

http://positivelivingblog.com/

And thought some of you might want to read it if you wanted to know a different way to approach girls.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Haha, panzer. No advice, you just sound like you're screwed. That happens a lot, words just tend to get back to people. I'd say if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it, but we all like to [bleep] about other people. So just hope she'll forget.

On another note, be glad you're able to talk that way with your friends, even if you're badmouthing someone. "Emphasize with the common layman"? The version used at my school is "Yo that [racist term] clownin on me!" Which has its value. Much faster to say, at least.

Be thankful for intellectually stimulating discussion, at least.

I think that site was helpful. While a lot of it seemed like common sense, it's definitely important to be aware of the friend zone.

I've watched many guys in my class get sucked into the friend zone as a result of trying to be genuinely kind to the girls they like. I desperately don't want to make the same mistake (they find out after a very long time that they are nowhere near where they thought they were in the girl's mind).

Of course, the friend zone is a great thing for the girls other than the one I like :)

Thanks for the link, Wongtong.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

I think that site was helpful. While a lot of it seemed like common sense, it's definitely important to be aware of the friend zone.

I've watched many guys in my class get sucked into the friend zone as a result of trying to be genuinely kind to the girls they like. I desperately don't want to make the same mistake (they find out after a very long time that they are nowhere near where they thought they were in the girl's mind).

Of course, the friend zone is a great thing for the girls other than the one I like :)

Thanks for the link, Wongtong.

I wish I had known this advice a year or 2 ago, friend zoned by the 2 girls I could truely say I had deep feelings for. :(

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Honestly Panzer you were just being a total douche. So what she gets better grades than you? Sounds like you're jealous. She made the comment about her grandfather probably because it was relevant to the discussion so you're just throwing a fit over nothing. Why don't you try giving her a chance because you don't seem to know anything about her and have never really tried talking to her. You say she's trapped in a bubble of smart/popular people but really you are by being ignorant and judgmental. Just try and talk to her, you could be surprised with what you find.

LOL.jpg

[hide=Panzerlord's problem]

amg, new problem.

It all started thursday in history....we were learning about the bill of rights, when suiddenly this girl, Gabrielle, but prefers to be called Coco, makes a comment about the discussion:

"Oh! Mr. Goodman! My grandfather wrote a letter to the supreme court regarding that case and that letter is now cited as a major item from that trial blah blah blah..."

I was so pissed off.

No you're probably wondering, so what, who gives a [cabbage]? Normally, this wouldn't bug me but...

A: She does this quite often, as if to say, "haha, my lineage is better than yours!"

B: She's the [bleep] model student. Her not getting 100% on a test is practically unheard of. Once again, "haha, my lineage > your lineage and I > you!"

Anyway, I was walking home from school the next day with my friend, and we were discussing this. Our Dialouge went something like:

Me: "Really... :roll: . Somehow I never seem to hear the end of how she's completely bilingual because she lived in Spain for 5 years."

Me: "Maybe not, but nonewithstanding, she makes it obvious that she's better than everyone else..."

Me: "Her problem is just she can't empathize with the common layman. She lives inside a bubble of smart and popular people, and in her eyes, the commonfolk, the folk who don't score an avg. of 99.5% on tests, but instead maybe 89%'s or 92%'s are nothing."

Me: I've been in her social class for two years, and she's never even said, 'hi,' to me."

I go on and cite many more examples...anyways, let's continue to Saturday (today)

We were both at our friend's justin's bar mitzvah (mazel tov justin!) and we were still debating, so I decided to conduct a field test

I had Chris, who was friends with Coco, talk with jJohn, a normal guy. I had them "coincidentially" meet up with Coco, and have chris talk to her. The point of this test was to sees how Coco would react to, if she even acknoledged, John.

Sounds good enough?

I'm watching my test from afar, when I hear my name spoken by Chris. Hmmm? I turn around to read a text, and find in a second, I was being tapped on the shoulder by Coco. I then proceeded to drop my phone like an idiot. I picked it up and legged it to the guys room ASAP b/c I didn't want to be confronted by her, after all of the mean things I'd said.

After I reached the sanctuary of the men's bathroom, she sent in guys as messengers, to tell me to come out. One messenger said,

I stood in there for about 10 minutes, and then proceeded to avoid her for the next 50 mniutes. After that, everyone started leaving. I didn't see Coco in the main room so I figured she had to be either

I took my chance and took a look. She was there, and she called me over to where she was and she asked me,

So I sat there for a minute. I got scared again and made a phonecall which I used as an excuse to sneak away, and haven't seen/talked to her yet.

So now I feel bad and I am trying to make ammend, but I can't because I don't want to call her, want to do it over aim. Took me an hour to hunt arround for her sn. Well, as luck would have it, she is apparently never on AIM. So I decided to have my friends call her to tell her to go on AIM. Over two hours and 3 calls, the line was busy every time. Yay.

[/hide]

I'll be blunt, you handled that pretty badly. Yes, she may speak up and say things like that a lot. You should just confront her about it, because insulting her when talking to your friend won't do much. And her getting amazingly good grades is probably the product of hard work. It isn't something you should be getting hung up on, unless she's constantly bragging about it.

Running away from her at the bar mitzvah was a bad idea. Next time she, or anyone else, confronts you about something, man up and talk to her about it. Show that you're responsible for what you say about her. But after running away from her, I doubt she's going to want to talk to you. Would you, if you were in her place? I think the best way of handling this would be to call her, apologize sincerely for running from her, and hope for the best.

Amaranth_GTO.png

Panzers problem[hide=]amg, new problem.

I was so pissed off.

B: She's the [bleep] model student. Her not getting 100% on a test is practically unheard of. Once again, "haha, my lineage > your lineage and I > you!"

Sounds good enough?

Is this the end of the stroy? Yes. What now?[/hide]

If that's her personality then you either accept that about her or simply choose not to like her/be around her. There are always personality traits that you are going to dislike. For example I'm quite motherly a lot of people love that about me and a lot of people hate that about me. Personally, I know people with that kind of personality (that you're talking about) and choose not to hang around them. I remember someone screaming at their partner to get a cloth because they had something on their cothes then screaming out for their mum... I thought wtf drama queen why don't you just get off your [wagon] and go get a cloth and clean it? And that person also feels the need to +1 you when you're just having a normal conversation. I feel sorry that they need to behave in that manner because they feel it is the only way to receive attention. There are much more intelligent ways that's for sure. As for the last comment "do you still feel like talking to me is a chore?" I don't know how it was said and won't jump to any conclusions. You have nothing to apologize for, if you don't like her personality don't speak with her or hang around her. [bleep]ing about them only gives that person power over you though. I simply wouldn't give someone like that the time of day and talk to much more interesting people. Do you need to apologize for running away? I personally wouldn't, I would have meant what I had to say and quite frankly wouldn't want to be around that person. I don't need to justify myself to them. I don't think you have any reason to feel guilty, it's your truth. What do you think you should do to ease your feelings? Forget about this chick, what would make you feel better about the situation? In my situation I simply ignore the person and choose to speak with people I enjoy the company of. That person obviously feels threatened by me or wouldn't feel the need to attempt to +1 up on me. Her bf liked me for years so it's no surprise she acts the way she does towards me. I know I'm the better person and thus don't need to speak of it ;)

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

[hide=Panzerlord's problem]
amg, new problem.

I was so pissed off.

Sounds good enough?

[/hide]

I'll be blunt, you handled that pretty badly. Yes, she may speak up and say things like that a lot. You should just confront her about it, because insulting her when talking to your friend won't do much. And her getting amazingly good grades is probably the product of hard work. It isn't something you should be getting hung up on, unless she's constantly bragging about it.

Running away from her at the bar mitzvah was a bad idea. Next time she, or anyone else, confronts you about something, man up and talk to her about it. Show that you're responsible for what you say about her. But after running away from her, I doubt she's going to want to talk to you. Would you, if you were in her place? I think the best way of handling this would be to call her, apologize sincerely for running from her, and hope for the best.

I've tryed calling. With 7 calls spread oer 2 days, line busy every time. Looks like I'm going to have to do this in person on moday. But the thing is, I don't think she's mad, she's just going to guilt trip me. I fail at handling guilt trips. I have three classes with her homeroom, history and Health. should I like talk to her before class starts, or after class ends, or before homeroom, or wait for her to talk to me? Or just avoid her and wait to get her on AIM? In addition to this, should I bring Chris and try and direct blame away from myself by pointing out the he completely betrayed me? Making him look worse would make be look less bad. Right? Need a response on this.

If that's her personality then you either accept that about her or simply choose not to like her/be around her. There are always personality traits that you are going to dislike. For example I'm quite motherly a lot of people love that about me and a lot of people hate that about me. Personally, I know people with that kind of personality (that you're talking about) and choose not to hang around them. I remember someone screaming at their partner to get a cloth because they had something on their cothes then screaming out for their mum... I thought wtf drama queen why don't you just get off your [wagon] and go get a cloth and clean it? And that person also feels the need to +1 you when you're just having a normal conversation. I feel sorry that they need to behave in that manner because they feel it is the only way to receive attention. There are much more intelligent ways that's for sure. As for the last comment "do you still feel like talking to me is a chore?" I don't know how it was said and won't jump to any conclusions. You have nothing to apologize for, if you don't like her personality don't speak with her or hang around her. [bleep] about them only gives that person power over you though. I simply wouldn't give someone like that the time of day and talk to much more interesting people. Do you need to apologize for running away? I personally wouldn't, I would have meant what I had to say and quite frankly wouldn't want to be around that person. I don't need to justify myself to them. I don't think you have any reason to feel guilty, it's your truth. What do you think you should do to ease your feelings? Forget about this chick, what would make you feel better about the situation? In my situation I simply ignore the person and choose to speak with people I enjoy the company of. That person obviously feels threatened by me or wouldn't feel the need to attempt to +1 up on me. Her bf liked me for years so it's no surprise she acts the way she does towards me. I know I'm the better person and thus don't need to speak of it ;)

bolded text, she just asked out of the blue. first thing she said. And ignoring her isn't really a viable option, I have 3/8 classes with her, and she's good friends with my best friend chris. So avoiding will be rather hard.

P.S. What about Chris? How should I react to what HE did?

Indie_Kids.png

Okay...So I'm in 7th grade, and as some of you may know, most of the conversations take place over texting for us lovely seventh graders...But, heres an example of my conversations with most girls...

"Sup"

"Nothing just chilling, you?"

"Nothing"

....Nothing else from there, and theres this one eighth grader I really would not mind having more to say to, it just seems like none of my usual smoothness with girls is working, any help here people? :ohnoes:

texting rarely conveys personality traits, so maybe that's why your usual smoothness isn't working

AIM is much more personal, b/c in terms of speed, comp > fone

8-) just sayin'

Indie_Kids.png

texting rarely conveys personality traits, so maybe that's why your usual smoothness isn't working

AIM is much more personal, b/c in terms of speed, comp > fone

8-) just sayin'

+1.

Especially if you have Boost. No joke. It sucks terribly because they do texting the old-fashioned way. I've actually missed a shot at a girl before because it's so dang slow.

tipitsig.png

[hide=Panzer]

I've tryed calling. With 7 calls spread oer 2 days, line busy every time. Looks like I'm going to have to do this in person on moday. But the thing is, I don't think she's mad, she's just going to guilt trip me. I fail at handling guilt trips. I have three classes with her homeroom, history and Health. should I like talk to her before class starts, or after class ends, or before homeroom, or wait for her to talk to me? Or just avoid her and wait to get her on AIM? In addition to this, should I bring Chris and try and direct blame away from myself by pointing out the he completely betrayed me? Making him look worse would make be look less bad. Right? Need a response on this.

If that's her personality then you either accept that about her or simply choose not to like her/be around her. There are always personality traits that you are going to dislike. For example I'm quite motherly a lot of people love that about me and a lot of people hate that about me. Personally' date=' I know people with that kind of personality (that you're talking about) and choose not to hang around them. I remember someone screaming at their partner to get a cloth because they had something on their cothes then screaming out for their mum... I thought wtf drama queen why don't you just get off your [wagon'] and go get a cloth and clean it? And that person also feels the need to +1 you when you're just having a normal conversation. I feel sorry that they need to behave in that manner because they feel it is the only way to receive attention. There are much more intelligent ways that's for sure. As for the last comment "do you still feel like talking to me is a chore?" I don't know how it was said and won't jump to any conclusions. You have nothing to apologize for, if you don't like her personality don't speak with her or hang around her. [bleep] about them only gives that person power over you though. I simply wouldn't give someone like that the time of day and talk to much more interesting people. Do you need to apologize for running away? I personally wouldn't, I would have meant what I had to say and quite frankly wouldn't want to be around that person. I don't need to justify myself to them. I don't think you have any reason to feel guilty, it's your truth. What do you think you should do to ease your feelings? Forget about this chick, what would make you feel better about the situation? In my situation I simply ignore the person and choose to speak with people I enjoy the company of. That person obviously feels threatened by me or wouldn't feel the need to attempt to +1 up on me. Her bf liked me for years so it's no surprise she acts the way she does towards me. I know I'm the better person and thus don't need to speak of it ;)

bolded text, she just asked out of the blue. first thing she said. And ignoring her isn't really a viable option, I have 3/8 classes with her, and she's good friends with my best friend chris. So avoiding will be rather hard.

[/hide]

I think that avoiding her more would only make both you and her feel worse. If you really don't wish to talk to her, don't approach her, but if she tries to confront you it would be best to get it out of the way.

As for your friend, a simple "What the hell, man?" should do the trick.

Okay...So I'm in 7th grade, and as some of you may know, most of the conversations take place over texting for us lovely seventh graders...But, heres an example of my conversations with most girls...

"Sup"

"Nothing"

....Nothing else from there, and theres this one eighth grader I really would not mind having more to say to, it just seems like none of my usual smoothness with girls is working, any help here people? :ohnoes:

Well, if you just say "nothing", there really isn't anything to start a conversation from. Something as simple as "nm, just listening to music" or "watching tv" Gives the person some basis for a conversation.

Amaranth_GTO.png

Even though you have classes with her if you don't want to talk to her then don't lol just be civil if she speaks with you but don't go out of your way. For example this female I'm talking about speaks with me, if I think what she says is overly exaggerated or dramatic [cabbage] I just reply with a "mmhmm" change the subject or don't bother giving it a response as it doesn't necessarily deserve one. This female is the girlfriend of my good friend - I can be friends with my friend without getting involved with her. I simply talk to him and don't bother going out of my way to speak with her. Suits me well actually. I'm not a fan of those who attempt to tell me what's best for my child and their behaviour when I have more experience than them on an educational level as well as experience level. I'm also not a fan of people who go through my bedroom when I'm not in the house (how rude). I really don't like her and think if we went head on she'd get a really rude shock. I'm polite when I need to be but I only let a person get away with so much before I become assertive and put an end to it. She'd come off second best. As for Chris, weigh up if he is worth being friends with still, if he is now you know not to say things to him because he blabs. If you want to confront him, confront him and say something like "Dude... what I told you was in confidence and you blew my trust. I'm glad we're friends but I probably won't trust you as much anymore sorry." to this girl: Don't justify yourself to her. If you bring out the whole story of how you told him and he blew your trust then the cycle will continue and then your friend will come up to you and say "why did you say this about me? why didn't you tell me instead?" It's not worth it. Seriously, I know it's great to be accepted and all by others but some people aren't worthy of making the effort for :P I'll probably end up losing my friendship with this person because of this female (her jealousy issues, attempting to +1 to make her feel she is better than me) there is only a matter of time before she tries to cut off the friendship I can smell it :P I don't think it will last anyway - too emotionally immature/insecure.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

omg, I'm really paranoid right now. My dad was grilling steaks for dinner in the back yard, and he asked me to go check how they were doing. When I went outside, I kept on doing double takes. I thought I was being watched by coco, ready to destroy me for what I said

Jesus, I've gone insane :lol:

Indie_Kids.png

"Sup"

"Nothing"

Say something interesting. Maybe "helping my friends with their bmx video" is my favorite catcher. Catches attention. Or something completely ridiculous, although not crazy, like "rock climbing". 8th grade girls have really short attention spans, which can be good and bad. Easy to grab it, but it's not at all like a butterfly. It's like a very heavy rock. You have to hold on as tight as you [bleep]ing can. This can apply to girls even into college, although it will wear off gradually.

Remember: It's not lying, it's flirting. Or, you could start doing interesting stuff and you won't have to lie. I, for example, started climbing school roofs recently. Fun with friends, great way to grab a girl's attention.