Future Clan Wars Changes

Dbzruler72

Behind the Scenes - August

After a teaser showed on the RuneScape forums, the clan world was on its feet at the start of summer, hoping for Jagex to finally come through & announce clan wars changes in a Behind the Scenes article. Alas, June came without the slightest hint of clan wars. Anticipation flooded into July as it loomed into view. Surely, Jagex would release the announcement then. July's Behind the Scenes revealed nothing related to clan wars. Summer was half over. Finally, in summer's last month, Jagex pulled through & gave the clan world what it had been waiting for: clan wars changes.

The clan wars arena has been worn out. The variety the old Wilderness offered clans never spilled into Jagex's idea of a clan war. Sure, a clan can war another clan, that's why it's called clan wars, but the adrenaline factor faded with each passing war in the clan wars arena. Life will be brought back to clan wars toward the end of August. Even though the clan world missed the non-existent boat, the fact that we're getting back something that we rely on to stay in the game is, in my opinion, totally worth it.

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

All I hope for is a 2nd "Are you REALLY sure?" screen with all the options displayed to prevent scamming...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Slightly disappointed that you can't go into advanced mage options (i.e., binds only)

Jcfc.jpeg

Thanks everybody for the sigs | 3,956 to 99 fishing | King of BsK 18/09/08 - 18/10/08

Chelsea Supporter | CD Supporter | AfterShock Member

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: Cotton Traders

Now what the hell are you waitin' for? After me, there shall be no more, so for one last time, make some noise.

I cant wait for it personally. But the free for all crator sounds much better, I hope it replaces BH. Theres going to be some epic wars coming up.

Couldn't agree more.

Masser clans will flock to the safe arena - but will be torn apart by any organised clan that attempt it.

I can see some of the higher clans using the dangerous arena to fight wars in. I mean not many great warring clans have cared for losing a few sets of full rune for there clan.

As the for the CLW - i just think that each clan will want to look at each area (choice of scenery) carefully before changing where they are going to be warring.

It looks pretty good.

I cant wait to try out the different arenas.

Having Range/Mage/Melee only wars will be easy aswell with the new settings.

It looks awesome. I can't think of a better way to say it... And the varied terrain will be great, too, I imagine that most of us are getting sick of lava, burnt dirt and dead trees.. :mrgreen:

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

Abit disappointed that it isn't released until next month, summer will be over then and people would have returned to school so won't have the time to return for hours in run ins. Alot will also put their focus on school work so clan turnouts will most likely decrease.

However it does look promosing, there's no doubt it'll make clan wars more enjoyable than it is now. But I'd much rather if Jagex just coded in afew multi bh worlds, lets say 3 in f2p and 3 in p2p for arguements sake. They've coded it once, so it can't be too hard to re-implement it.

s_dav135.png

Although it looks enticing and it's the least Jagex could do (not really, they could've just continued to shaft us :mrgreen: ), I'm not going to get my hopes up until it's actually released. It's good to have something to look forward to, though.

Actually, they are the symbols for:

Air bolt (aka Modern magic)

Blood Barrage (aka Ancient Magiks)

and Vengeance (aka Lunar spellbook)

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Actually, they are the symbols for:

Air bolt (aka Modern magic)

Blood Barrage (aka Ancient Magiks)

and Vengeance (aka Lunar spellbook)

Wow I just completely failed :wall: I'm not even sure wth I was thinking - thanks for clearing that up.

I think an update for clan wars was overdue. Since BH no longer supports clans, clans have had to find other places to fight. And, although I like clan wars, there's no real rewards...

I really look forward to Jagex fixing up clan wars, so it will become a better overall PvP experience. ::'

ae84735921.png

Porsche: It's supposed to go in the rear.

I don't get why people would be willing to risk the items. Is it just a man thing? If Jagex won't let people pick up items (which they most likely won't), then you would be losing your items to the dark abyss and therefore delete them...Sure it would help the economy by destroying some items and emptying the flood of items (hopefully d sqs will go back up to 1.4 m \' ), but who in their right mind would play a dangerous clan wars JUST for the glory of victory? It seems a little ridiculous to me. Unless of course there's rewards... :-k

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

I don't get why people would be willing to risk the items. Is it just a man thing? If Jagex won't let people pick up items (which they most likely won't), then you would be losing your items to the dark abyss and therefore delete them...Sure it would help the economy by destroying some items and emptying the flood of items (hopefully d sqs will go back up to 1.4 m \' ), but who in their right mind would play a dangerous clan wars JUST for the glory of victory? It seems a little ridiculous to me. Unless of course there's rewards... :-k

A risk factor is also a balancing factor. A clan in rune with dragon scimitars might not do so well against a clan in Bandos armor with AGSes. But if items are destroyed, its unlikely that many people would risk their most precious items (with some exceptions).

Sleeping-in-cushionhigh.jpg

This is really the only update mentioned in the BTS that I give a damn about.

All I've got to say is, this will be EPIC!

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

But I'd much rather if Jagex just coded in afew multi bh worlds, lets say 3 in f2p and 3 in p2p for arguements sake. They've coded it once, so it can't be too hard to re-implement it.

I had that exact idea. It would support clans, and be alot tougher to RWT. Although i would limit it to 1 or 2 worlds (Maybe 1 in P2P and 2 in F2P). Not because i don't think it's a good idea, but purely because then it wouldn't have such an effect on RWT that jagex said it didn't stop.

Out of interest - has anyone transfered items through BH to a friend? I don't think it's illegal under any of the rules, and with single combat it really isn't that difficult. So how well is single BH stopping RWT?

But I'd much rather if Jagex just coded in afew multi bh worlds, lets say 3 in f2p and 3 in p2p for arguements sake. They've coded it once, so it can't be too hard to re-implement it.

I had that exact idea. It would support clans, and be alot tougher to RWT. Although i would limit it to 1 or 2 worlds (Maybe 1 in P2P and 2 in F2P). Not because i don't think it's a good idea, but purely because then it wouldn't have such an effect on RWT that jagex said it didn't stop.

Out of interest - has anyone transfered items through BH to a friend? I don't think it's illegal under any of the rules, and with single combat it really isn't that difficult. So how well is single BH stopping RWT?

It's about as illegal/unethical as junk trading and luring before the scamming redefinition. Since it allows you to circumvent the system, it would technically against the rules, but since it's not stated explicitly either, so either argument is sound. I'd say since no one NEEDS to junk trade or bh transfer, there's not really a good reason in my eyes to risk the against/alright with the rules and risk being banned.

It's about as illegal/unethical as junk trading and luring before the scamming redefinition. Since it allows you to circumvent the system, it would technically against the rules, but since it's not stated explicitly either, so either argument is sound. I'd say since no one NEEDS to junk trade or bh transfer, there's not really a good reason in my eyes to risk the against/alright with the rules and risk being banned.

Well, from that post its obvious you don't understand Junk trading.

Its not "wrong" its just a way to get around a incorrect system. For example. Say you had a item worth 3m, but the GE price was 500k.

You could:

1:Get ripped 2.5m and sell it normal

2: Wait for the price to drop 2.5m.

3: Add junk to make the price 3m.

OT: I WILL LUV THIS UPDATE.

Castle Wars is going to have compititon for "Most popular Minigamne"

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

You won't be able to loot them red.

You will lose items.. but not be able to pick them up.

All the risk of losing your crap, without the reward of getting someone else's .... great.

That's what I was saying, I just don't get it why ANYONE would what to risk their items for no tangible purpose -.- . Unless there are rewards for wining said risky matches, it won't be popular.