Today...

Leoo

I am getting a second, and possibly third monitor for my computer. My parents haven't thrown a computer out since like ever, except the predeccesor to the windows '95 one. They also kept the monitors, but they have no use for them. Only problem is that while my card will accept up to 4 screens, I only have two DVI sockets. To use a third screen I am going to need an HDMI to VGA or DisplayPort to VGA adapter. Unless I am seriously mistaken and one of the monitors can accept HDMI. Fortunately, HDMI to VGA actually is a thing that exists (I don't know why I am surprised, but I am). Not sure if my desk will hold 3 monitors though (it sure wont with the stereo speakers sitting on it, so they will have to move :()

There is such thing as a vga splitter; I had one for my monitors on my laptop for a while. I decided I didn't need three screens, nor did I have room on my desk, so I returned it, but it worked.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

I have a second that I pull out when I'm working on a big project or something, or multitask while watching a film or something. My brother recently purchased like a 23in led monitor which he mounded to the wall to go with his MBA, I'm thinking about doing the same with my MBP. It's really nice and would be perfect for when I'm editing stuff.

Three screens would be sweet but probably excessive unless you know your going to be utilizing them all frequently. I know I prefer to have semi clear desk, because it helps me be more productive, which is why I 2nd monitor isn't set up all the time unless I really need it.

tFtfA.jpg

Two screens is useful to me when writing papers, since I often need to refer to sources/research/data and the monitor I use is not particularly wide enough. What I do now when I really need two screens is move my TV onto my desk, like I had it setup for the two months between buying my PC and getting a monitor for it. The TV is wide enough that just halving the screen isn't a big deal at all. Alternatively, I'll use my laptop for view resources and my PC to write.

If I go for the three monitor setup, I probably won't use the third one very much. There are a few times in writting that having even that third screen might be useful though. It's also just as likely that I will use it to watch TV while writing papers. So I think I will take them both, and get a display port to VGA adapter (since I use the hdmi slot for TV already). I need to sit down at my desk, whcih I can't do for a bit, and figure out how the setup would work. I think I can get the speakers behind the monitors though now that I think about it.

I am getting a second, and possibly third monitor for my computer. My parents haven't thrown a computer out since like ever, except the predeccesor to the windows '95 one. They also kept the monitors, but they have no use for them. Only problem is that while my card will accept up to 4 screens, I only have two DVI sockets. To use a third screen I am going to need an HDMI to VGA or DisplayPort to VGA adapter. Unless I am seriously mistaken and one of the monitors can accept HDMI. Fortunately, HDMI to VGA actually is a thing that exists (I don't know why I am surprised, but I am). Not sure if my desk will hold 3 monitors though (it sure wont with the stereo speakers sitting on it, so they will have to move :()

My dad has that horrible annoyance of "keeping everything because it can still serve a purpose"

Popoto.~<3

Tax return. moneymoneymoney. Can finally buy a new freaking HDD.

Mine hasn't even been sent off yet. The downside of getting to use my parents' company accountant is that everyone in the house who is over 18 is part of the trust, so there's all this extra bullshit we have to go through before it can be lodged. Really need the money so I can afford to move out, don't want my friend to get sick of waiting and rent out to someone else.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

1. 10 AM, set up to write scientific paper

2. 11 AM friend calls, needs to get drunk with someone

3. 1 PM drunk off my ass

4. 5 PM eat a hamburger that has grilled cheese sandwiches as buns

5. 10 PM plastered out of my mind at another friends house, doing tequila shots (I dont do tequila shots)

6. 11 PM sing The Circle of Life at karaoke

7. 12 AM head home because i'm literally falling asleep standing up

8. 12:30 AM, right now, writing this as I re listen to Circle of Life and its about to finish so, goodnight.

hiccup.png

Saw my ex last night so naturally i dreamt about her and woke up feeling like crap for it<_<

I know that feel. I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemies.

The hell would you need 3 monitors for? [unless you're running flight sims]

1. 10 AM, set up to write scientific paper

2. 11 AM friend calls, needs to get drunk with someone

3. 1 PM drunk off my ass

4. 5 PM eat a hamburger that has grilled cheese sandwiches as buns

5. 10 PM plastered out of my mind at another friends house, doing tequila shots (I dont do tequila shots)

6. 11 PM sing The Circle of Life at karaoke

7. 12 AM head home because i'm literally falling asleep standing up

8. 12:30 AM, right now, writing this as I re listen to Circle of Life and its about to finish so, goodnight.

The coherency of your post is impressive. Number 4 sounds like the most epic thing in existence.

Tonight I was drinking, hopped in my buddies car who then slammed into a light post. Had to clean up the light post afterward and then went to work. Met some cool girls at a diner at 430am. And now I'm home. couldhavehadabetterdaybutwhatever.jpeg

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

So it seems that my prospective roommate decided to go to a different school. It seems kind of odd that he'd pay $200 for the housing department to assign him a room if he wasn't going to attend but whatever. I may have a 2 person apartment to myself for awhile. I've got 5 days left until I leave and my parents are trying to squeeze every ounce of housework they can get out of me...

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Moved in to my dorm today. Have a couple of pretty cool roommates, though the fourth seems kinda douchey. He's been gone most of today, though, and when we got back just now (a little past midnight), he was gone. Dunno where he is.

I moved in, and getting everything unpacked went surprisingly smoothly. My roommates and I went to a welcoming thing the RAs were putting on; they gave out walking tacos and showed a movie. The walking tacos were worth the rather cold movie (it was outside).

Then we helped a couple guys move their couches back into their dorm rooms, and got roped into playing a game called signs. It was a lot of fun, a cool icebreaker game, and I had fun. I do have a question, though, that maybe you guys can help me with. How does one turn the people he meets at things like this, where there are 20-30 people he doesn't know in a room playing a game, into friends? Like, what do you do afterwards; find them and just say hello, or what?

I really need to make some friends, and fairly quickly. Hopefully before classes start.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Yeah pretty much, stick around afterwards, introduce your self to everyone, start random small take like what are you studying, what dorm are you in, anything that'll start a conversation start. Shake hands, if you think things are going well ask for his/her phone number or give out yours. Your first couple weeks is like one giant game of speed dating.

Classes are also a decent way to meet people too. I remember my first week of college was like one giant friend making orgy because of how easy it was to meet people sitting around you in your classes.

tFtfA.jpg

Talked to my roommate for the first time today, a bit disappointed that I don't have a TV because she's got a SNES she could bring [but no TV]. Moving in in two weeks I think, just ordered most of my books, but they don't even have my chem book... At the school bookstore. That's weird.

I don't know if Amazon still does this, but anyone with a .edu email address can sign up for free Amazon Prime (free two-day shipping among other things) for a year. It's an awesome deal, especially for those of you who might not have been able to bring a car to college.

tFtfA.jpg

Yep, I did it so I got free shipping on everything which was nice. Otherwise would have cost me an extra $15. I need [more like want] a TV for my dorm though, roommate doesn't have one but has a SNES and it would be sad to waste it without a TV. Considering getting an adapter so we can just play on my laptop.

Put the first layer on a mountain rpg/tabletop scenery piece thing. Base is made of furring strips and 2x2's, covered in screen. Then paper mache. First layer's done, probably going to do two more or so. Has two big cliffs so you could stage battles and stuff on it, considering making the top a bit bigger so we could put a tower on top.

I assume you have a computer. I would like to point out that your monitor can function as a TV (with the right adapter), and your PC can function as a SNES if you want it to.

Today I mowed the concrete tile dog kennel, because this is a problem we have no matter how stupid it may be. Apparently we aren't going to salt it because that would be bad for the dogs paws (which I feel could be solved with a light watering once I'm done, but whatever). Today I got an idea that if you build stuff like that on top of a bunch of lime stone, it should make the soil so basic that nothing will grow for at least a few years until the acid rain can even it out.

Also working on the lawn tractor. Something has gone wrong with either the brake sensor or brake lever, and it will no longer keep the engine running if you get off with the parking break on. This is surprisingly annoying.

How to make friends in college when male:

1. bring your female friends around for visits.

2. know something intricate about cars or sports.

3. have a base knowledge of drugs and their effects on you and your friends

4. don't judge anyone or anything. at all. ever.

5. sit the [bleep] down

6. offer beer. [if applicable in some countries]

7. talk about past hook ups. Not girlfriends. ex girlfriend stories are for drunken nights with close friends, not your new floormate.

if you're not into any of that, I wouldn't open with it per say, but talk about what you really do like doing beit Dungenons and Dragons, Paintballing, or knitting. It's college. No one's really gonna care as long as you smile and make everyone comfortable around you.

Oh! and one more thing. Regardless of gender. Say hey if you pass people you know. Don't stop and have a full out conversation, but give a nice hello how are you kind of thing. The more often you do it, the more often it'll happen with more people. And repeat their names when you see them. Makes people feel like you know them better.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I never heard of a problem of people steeling from other students. For the most part, college does a decent job of weeding out all the bad apples. Dorms are pretty safe too, almost prison like anymore when it comes to security.

tFtfA.jpg

Don't get too complacent on the theft issue though. I know here we have had problems when people leave their laptops or phones or whatnot lying around in public areas, only to find they have vanished upon their return. Most of the people who are criminally inclined aren't going to be at University with you, but don't create potential crimes of opportunity. I know I also had the pleasure of having a kleptomaniac come into my place more than once because he was friends with a couple of the people I was living with. I think I might have been the only one he never stole from, possibly because he was never in my room.

The one thing that is stolen all the time at University is food/drinks. It happens in our house on accident, though we all claim our food with our name in marker to prevent it. But beer is probably the worst. People help themselves to other peoples beer constantly. Some people are cool with it, because they are doing it to each other and it all balances out, and some people get angry. I keep all my booze in my sanctuary (room), in my big ass mini fridge with the rest of my more valuable food. Of course, no one else lives in my room, so it's quite safe there.

Had this today.

http://mcauslan.com/en/produits/bieres-regulieres/st-ambroise-blonde/

BEST. BEAR. EVER. I just had to say this somewhere.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Huh, I had no idea Ambroise was from Montreal.. yeah it's pretty good.

Today I was super efficient, and if all my PCR reactions turn out to be positive I may start my summer vacation a week early so fingers crossed!

hiccup.png