Today...

Leoo

I don't know about you guys, but as a 21 year old male, even 18 year old girls going into university just feel too young for me.

I would never date an 18 year old. But dating and just hooking up with are two totally different things.

• Like 1

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I saw two spiders mating outside my apartment this morning... the male got eaten afterwards. That's a bummer.

It made me wonder what that male spider was thinking-- if the night before, he was out at the bars w/ his spider buddy...

"Hey man, so I think I'm finally gonna mate with Sally tomorrow!"

"What? Are you [bleep]ing insane? Haven't you seen the stats? 99% of guys get EATEN by their mates!"

"Naw, man. That won't happen to me. Sally's special. She's not like all the other lady spiders..."

• Like 2

77yLQy8.png

The male spider's problem is that he didn't take her to dinner before hand. Female spiders only eat the male when they are hungry. I mean, not like male spiders live that long after maturity anyway, but he could have lived a little longer if he wasn't being so damn cheap and took her out for a good steak.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

As a 23 year old everyone is basically a child to me until they graduate college

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Age of consent law is the same in ny and texas. That's rare that they have anything in common

Even if that girl was telling the truth and was actually 17, he still shouldn't have done it <_<. Not that I feel a whole lot of sympathy for either of them.

Why on earth not? It's a two year difference, that's totally normal. Not to mention that the age of consent in Michigan is 16.

It's great that you don't feel sympathy for a guy who had consensual sex with a woman who lied about her age and is now a registered sex offender for 25 years.

Of course, no sympathy is necessary for the girl, since there are no consequences for her lying.

Okay I guess I was wrong, I assumed it was 18 everywhere. Still rather surprised to see it's perfectly legal to umm, do it with a 16 year old in more than half the states! (Blue is 16)

300px-Age_of_Consent_-_North_America.svg

'Sippi.

Age of consent law is the same in ny and texas. That's rare that they have anything in common

Texas doesn't even agree with itself when it comes to age of consent. We literally have one law saying the AoC is 17 and another saying the AoC is 18.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

There are some 16 year olds that could pass for hot 20 year olds, and there are some college aged girls who look like they belong in high school. It's strange that some people would find a 16 year old with a 19 year old creepy, but have no problem with a 30 year old hooking up with an 18 year old.

• Like 2

Putting an age mandate on puberty is silly. People develop at different rates both mentally and physically. Go figure

• Like 1

I feel like 16 is a fine age of consent considering that we allow 16 year olds to operate speeding metal death traps and trust them to handle our food and/or cash without [bleep]ing up too badly. As long as we provide adequate sex education and make birth control/contraceptives more accessible then I really don't see an issue with 16 year olds having sex with whoever.

• Like 2
lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I feel like 16 is a fine age of consent considering that we allow 16 year olds to operate speeding metal death traps and trust them to handle our food and/or cash without [bleep]ing up too badly. As long as we provide adequate sex education and make birth control/contraceptives more accessible then I really don't see an issue with 16 year olds having sex with whoever.

Especially since it's going to be happening anyway, so there's really no reason not to make sure it's all done safely.

Y-yeah, about letting 16 year olds drive ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDWmwxQ_NnY

I'd imagine a fair number of adults also drive while distracted in similar manners. Just because there is a video featuring teens doing it does not mean that they are most prevalent.
  • Like 3

Honestly I'd be inclined to go with a blanket age of 18 for pretty much everything, just because it's consistent.

As for handling cash though, that's a private businesses decision that the government doesn't need to be involved in (short of laws against child labour, I suppose).

• Like 2

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I'd imagine a fair number of adults also drive while distracted in similar manners. Just because there is a video featuring teens doing it does not mean that they are most prevalent.

Yeah, not saying they're the most prevalent (I just looked up some stats; in Michigan, the 20-29 age group is the biggest by number), but I question the wisdom of letting 16 year olds operate vehicles.
  • Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

It honestly depends on the 16 year old. Being in the age group I would honestly say that I wouldn't really want a fair number of those that are driving right now to be driving. At the same time though I know a few that are perfectly fine driving that I would actually allow to drive my own vehicle.

Just make it like the UK where getting your license is basically a high school credit and then you could probably eliminate a fair few of those that shouldn't be driving.

Getting a license is a little too easy in the states but some young kids make perfectly fine drivers. But driving wont be a thing in 20 years anyway so meh

You need 40 hours of classes and 20+ hours of driving WITH an instructor to be even eligible to take the test for getting a drivers' license here.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

You need 40 hours of classes and 20+ hours of driving WITH an instructor to be even eligible to take the test for getting a drivers' license here.

Yeah it's the same in Qatar. You need something like 24 hours of instruction before you're eligible to take a test. The test is a complete joke though. 

I arrived in Greece a few hours ago. Been here ~5 times in the past 12 months, but every time i get here it's like i'm here for the first time. I really love this place, and despite the financial issues it has i could really see myself living here. Been thinking about applying for a job here soon as i finish my licenses. 

I don't know about you guys, but as a 21 year old male, even 18 year old girls going into university just feel too young for me.

I would never date an 18 year old. But dating and just hooking up with are two totally different things.

Fair point. WRiEzFy.gif

j0xPu5R.png

I think we've been over 90% humidity where I live for a solid week now. It's gross. Like, the sheets on my bed are damp. Not 'just came out of the washing machine damp', but 'needs another half hour on the line damp'. Granted, living near the ocean isn't exactly low humidity central at the best of times, but it's almost unheard of for it to be like this for so long, normally it's just a day or two.

As far as age of consent goes, a quick run by wikipedia suggests that the close age exemptions for 12-13 and 14-15 (with 2 and 5 year age gaps respectively) are both still on the books. I had been under the impression the lower exemption range had been removed. I do take issue with large age gaps where one partner is under 16 because you have the potential for such large gaps in social maturity, and it's too easy for an adult to manipulate the mind and circumstances of a young teen or tween to take advantage of them.

• Like 1

I think we've been over 90% humidity where I live for a solid week now. It's gross. Like, the sheets on my bed are damp. Not 'just came out of the washing machine damp', but 'needs another half hour on the line damp'. Granted, living near the ocean isn't exactly low humidity central at the best of times, but it's almost unheard of for it to be like this for so long, normally it's just a day or two.

I feel ya