Today...

Leoo

I'm going to America next summer to volunteer on one of the american school camps with some scheme called 'Camp America' - exactly how strict are the drinking laws?

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo
2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

The minimum age is 21.

Also I think there is some law about having an opened bottle of alcohol in your car. I dunno, I saw someone post that once. You won't be driving I guess...

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I dont suppose anyone has any guides for digital artwork like making vectors or something with Photoshop? every night I cannot sleep but also there's NOTHING to do.

Popoto.~<3

You can find plenty on Deviantart. Those are the tracing type yet it's a good way to get started and acquaint yourself with the tools.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I wasn't so much concerned about the actual law I know it was 21. But, here in Britain if you show a bouncer/barman a convincing enough ID they want to let you in so probably will and any small bar out of a major city does not usually ID from my experience I was just wandering if bar staff in the states were generally more strict if the punishments for breaking the law was harsher?

2mqj8rr.png
Minigames: Level 5 in All Barbarian Assault Roles PM me in game or on these forums to play. Over 500 Castle Wars Games with 460+ Tickets.

Thought I'd start posting in OT section. Any Brits watch the Apprentice final tonight? Tom is definitely one of the nicest winners ever though I did feel sorry for Helen.

In a way I thought it was unfair actually. Helen tried reverting to Plan B which involved her work at Greggs and basically wasn't allowed to. But on the after program, it was revealed that Tom's new business was based around the nail filer he'd developed years ago, not the chairs he was trying to design now, so he had been allowed to fall back on his day job. I didn't really like that, wasn't a level playing field.

When you look at how many opportunities Sugar had to fire him, I kind of wonder whether he'd effectively hired Tom from about week five and nothing Helen, Suzie or Jim did in the rest of the twelve-week process was going to make a shred of difference because they were all going through the motions without realising it.

I watched it last night, I only just started watching The Apprentice about 5 weeks back, I'll definitely be tuning in for next year's though. I'm glad Tom won, I really liked him. I am surprised he won, he had done so badly throughout the process. After the semi-final I was sure Jim was going to win, he really did have the skills and both his & Helen's pitches were disappointing. I would have expected a better business plan from the both of them.

Also: Describe yourself without using cliches. I'm... I'm exactly what it says on the tin. :rolleyes:

I'm glad for Tom though, whether or not the chair idea takes off is another matter, but I'm sure Sugar can use something that his mad brain comes up with. Emergency biscuits anyone?

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

My sister is actually making emergency biscuits right now! Silly things with a red cross on them and plenty of rum - she got the idea from this thing my mum used to have when we were kids called 'Rescue Remedy' basically 1 part brandy to 10 parts water put a drop on a 5 year olds tongue and they stop crying right away. Back on point I'm really pleased Tom won don't think he would've won any of the other apprentice series. Racheya you really missed out on last years the contestants were all hilarious. What I kinda think is that someone so corporate and professional like Helen can be headhunted anywhere there are plenty of her type while someone who can come up with innovative ideas like Tom is much rarer.

2mqj8rr.png

I think if the drinking age were to be 18 in the US, we would have far more drunk driving related accidents and what not.

We have enough of those already. Also, when you really think about it, 21 is a good idea for the drinking age. It gives more time for kids to mature.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Another boring ass day at work.

That reminds me, has anyone else ever enjoyed swapping the emphasis on phrases like the above? A lot of my friends always use phrases like, "that's a big ass couch!" or "i want that small ass cellphone," etc. And the way people say these phrases is "big-ass couch" and "small-ass cell phone." It's always fun to look at them and be like, "an ass-couch?" or "you want an ass-cellphone?"

So, today is going to be an ass-day at work. :)

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Another boring ass day at work.

That reminds me, has anyone else ever enjoyed swapping the emphasis on phrases like the above? A lot of my friends always use phrases like, "that's a big ass couch!" or "i want that small ass cellphone," etc. And the way people say these phrases is "big-ass couch" and "small-ass cell phone." It's always fun to look at them and be like, "an ass-couch?" or "you want an ass-cellphone?"

So, today is going to be an ass-day at work. :)

hyphen.jpg

http://xkcd.com/37/

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I should be doing another job I hate today. Especially if it is a product where I only need dump a single pail of fruit chunks every 20-30 minutes. I hate doing nothing all day. I also guarantee it will be all day, since the line will be running the same product at least 2 days this week.

Maybe I'll be lucky and they'll need me somewhere else?

Time to cheer myself up. Glad I don't have one of these:

239a130f-be31-4502-9173-e109169f5870.gif

Penis, not the trampoline.

XhTWy.jpg

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

So while I was driving this morning some guy in a red car comes up behind me for a few seconds. I'm going the speed limit (which was 50 mph) and the guy passes me even though there's a stoplight in view that was about to turn red. The guy takes off and I'm thinking "Whatever, you're just going to be stopped in 5 seconds." and suddenly a police officer on a motorcycle makes a U-turn and turns on his lights. I wanted to ask if it was worth it so badly.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

even though there's a stoplight in view that was about to turn red.

Le sigh.

I see it a lot too. It's a wonder these idiots passed the written test.

Congrats Bows :thumbup:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Congrats Bows!

Yeah, I'm 13 actually. (How did you know) ? No sarcasm.

I remember you and one of the other youngin's here in OT discussing who the youngest person on TIF was. IeatWindex I think was the other kid? Something like that.

And yes, American drinking laws are strict in some areas, not many, it's plenty easy to get away with it, and yes it IS illegal for a under 21 to have open alcohol in a vehicle whilst driving.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Congrats Bows!

Yeah, I'm 13 actually. (How did you know) ? No sarcasm.

I remember you and one of the other youngin's here in OT discussing who the youngest person on TIF was. IeatWindex I think was the other kid? Something like that.

And yes, American drinking laws are strict in some areas, not many, it's plenty easy to get away with it, and yes it IS illegal for a under 21 to have open alcohol in a vehicle whilst driving.

I know Rocco and I were discussing it on this thread a few months ago, I have a feeling they may have been part of it :P

Isn't it illegal to have any open containers in the vehicle, regardless of age?

My friend has relatives that live in Norway and he said (don't quote me on this) when they visited last he found out that if you get an OWI there, you lose your license forever, but everyone else in the car can be drunk and have open containers.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Isn't it illegal to have any open containers in the vehicle, regardless of age?

Yes. I believe it's illegal to have an open container of alcohol in a vehicle, period, whether you're driving or not. No, you won't lose your license forever, though it is likely to get suspended for quite some time. Multiple repeat offenders will lose their licenses forever, however.

Flyingjj.png

I'm going to America next summer to volunteer on one of the american school camps with some scheme called 'Camp America' - exactly how strict are the drinking laws?

Let's put it this way - a couple years ago, my friend's sister got a MIP for walking 40 feet behind a stranger with an open beer.

Time to cheer myself up. Glad I don't have one of these:

239a130f-be31-4502-9173-e109169f5870.gif

Penis, not the trampoline.

XhTWy.jpg

DPBP? :thumbup:

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Area director called me personally just a moment ago. After a lengthy conversation he said that I would make a fantastic manager and he looks forward to working with me in the near future. :) :thumbup: #[bleep]ingexcited