12 Aug 2008 - Runecrafting Guild and Game - For All Players!

namename

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would your numbers change if members played on F2P?

Less altars = Faster games

Good point, I hadn't really considered that. But I suppose the numbers would be essentially the same because less altars does = faster games, but less altars also = less tokens per game session. If there's only 6 F2P altars, that means only 600 tokens possible total per minigame session - while there's a total 1k tokens possible in P2P.

I haven't actually tried the minigame on F2P to be honest though, so would it be safe to assume that just like in P2P, you gain 100 tokens per game won? (And is there any extra bonus for winning every single round like there is in P2P?)

RuneTrack.com Founder

You guys can say what you want about this method being slower than the abyss and not worth the time and effort, but this mini-game makes Runecrafting FUN! I have fun getting the teletabs and Pure Essence, and I even have fun using the teletabs to get an inventory done in less than a minute! So go ahead and do any number crunches you want, and make any claims you want, but for me this guild is more than useful: it makes me WANT to Runecraft.

The great orb project is a fun game with good rewards.... that is horribly unbalanced.

I like the actual game it's a fun way to train runecrafting but yellow nearly always wins.

There is skill involved and numbers but yellow almost always wins because the yellow orbs seem to be closer, more common and in better spots than the green (as well as being larger)

and because yellow wins so often, everyone tries to go to the yellow team and the people on green drop out making it near-impossible to get on the yellow team, making you wait for what seems like an eternity if you are trying to get on yellow team, plus the wait for the next game to start plus more waiting if you lag out.

2imak3l.png

Can u deteached a talisman from its staf ?

No you can't, you can only destroy the staff, but that's a waste of a staff and 10k tokens of effort :( As long as you don't have an actual omni-talisman though you can pick up an extra one from the the red mage who's name escapes me at the moment.

Dark_Jab.png

Couldn't you buy pure ess from the guild?

Or was I wrong and were it rune ess all along..

Pure essence in P2P and rune essence in F2P.

Well jagex saw this was too easy pure ess :roll:

080814144910nh1.png

Edit: Nvm, it says rune ess, but u get pure ess , my bad

I'm really enjoying the minigame and it's rewards. Good job on this one Jagex - I can personally now call the Runecraft Guild the best guild out of all of them. :)

Just in case anyone's interested, here's some calculations on the nature teleport tablets compared to other runecrafting methods. As you can see, the teleport tablets are actually considerably slower to use because of the time taken to complete the minigame.

Average time to play an entire game: 20 minutes (2 minutes in each of the 9 altars + 2 minutes for extra waiting time before/after rounds)

Average amount of tokens gained per game: 600 (technically 500 should be used, but let's just say 600 for argument's sake)

Cost of the nature tablet: 42 tokens

Average amount of nature tablets gained per 20 minutes: 14.3

-------------

Average time for a nature teleport tablet run with all pouches: 40 seconds

>Natures gained per run: 53 if 75+, 106 if 91+

Average time for a nature teleport tablet run with 3 pouches: 36 seconds

>Natures gained per run: 42 if 50+, 48 if 75+, 96 if 91+

-------------

Average time for an abyssal run with 4 pouches: 80 seconds

>Natures gained per run: 54 if 75+, 108 if 91+

Average time for an abyssal run with 3 pouches: 72 seconds

>Natures gained per run: 43 if 50+, 50 if 75+, 100 if 91+

-------------

Average time for a graahk run with 4 pouches: 70 seconds

>Natures gained per run: 54 if 75+, 108 if 91+

Average time for a graahk run with 3 pouches: 62 seconds

>Natures gained per run: 43 if 50+, 50 if 75+, 100 if 91+

All calculations will be based in the time frame dependent on the amount of time taken to complete the minigame and use all of the nature tablets gained from it. Note that I only included abyss figures for those below level 75, as most people who have 4 pouches also have graahks. You may also ask why I only did the 3 pouch method for each calculation - this is simply because having 3 pouches technically IS faster than 4 because of the lesser bank clicks.

[hide=math]Evaluation for level 91-99 Runecrafters

Minigame Figures

Because about 14 (14.3) nature tablets are gained per game, it will take 8.58 minutes to use the tablets gained using 3 pouches (14.3 tablets * .6 minutes per tablet run = 8.58 minutes). You will gain 1,373 natures from those tablets (14.3 tablets * 96 natures per tablet run). You can also figure in about 240 natures gained from the pure essence in the minigame itself, yielding 2,160 xp from the game itself ((240/2) natures * 18 xp each from the minigame 2x effect).

This means, in total, one minigame round and the time taken to use its rewards at 91-99 runecraft will get you:

1,613 natures in 28.58 minutes = 56.44 natures per minute

Graahk Figures (3 pouches)

In 28.58 minutes, you can make 27.66 graahk runs to the nature altar.

This means, in total, one graahk round time equivelent to the minigame and the time taken to use its rewards at 91-99 runecraft will get you:

2,766 natures in 28.58 minutes = 96.78 natures per minute

Evaluation for level 75-90 Runecrafters

Minigame Figures

Because about 14 (14.3) nature tablets are gained per game, it will take 8.58 minutes to use the tablets gained using 3 pouches (14.3 tablets * .6 minutes per tablet run = 8.58 minutes). You will gain 686 natures from those tablets (14.3 tablets * 96 natures per tablet run). You can also figure in about 120 natures gained from the pure essence in the minigame itself, yielding 2,160 xp from the game itself (120 natures * 18 xp each from the minigame 2x effect).

This means, in total, one minigame round and the time taken to use its rewards at 75-90 runecraft will get you:

806 natures in 28.58 minutes = 28.2 natures per minute

This means, in total, one graahk round time equivalent to the minigame and the time taken to use its rewards at 75-90 runecraft will get you:

1,383 natures in 28.58 minutes = 48.39 natures per minute

Evaluation for level 50-74 Runecrafters

Minigame Figures

Because about 14 (14.3) nature tablets are gained per game, it will take 8.58 minutes to use the tablets gained using 3 pouches (14.3 tablets * .6 minutes per tablet run = 8.58 minutes). You will gain 601 natures from those tablets (14.3 tablets * 42 natures per tablet run). You can also figure in about 110 natures gained from the pure essence in the minigame itself, yielding 1,980 xp from the game itself (110 natures * 18 xp each from the minigame 2x effect).

This means, in total, one minigame round and the time taken to use its rewards at 50-74 runecraft will get you:

711 natures in 28.58 minutes = 24.88 natures per minute

This means, in total, one graahk round time equivalent to the minigame and the time taken to use its rewards at 50-74 runecraft will get you:

1,189 natures in 28.58 minutes = 41.61 natures per minute

Abyss Figures (3 pouches)

In 28.58 minutes, you can make 23.8 abyss runs to the nature altar.

This means, in total, one abyssal round time equivalent to the minigame and the time taken to use its rewards at 50-74 runecraft will get you:

1,023 natures in 28.58 minutes = 35.8 natures per minute

Evaluation for level 44-49 Runecrafters

Minigame Figures

Because about 14 (14.3) nature tablets are gained per game, it will take 8.58 minutes to use the tablets gained using 2 pouches (14.3 tablets * .6 minutes per tablet run = 8.58 minutes). You will gain 486 natures from those tablets (14.3 tablets * 34 natures per tablet run). You can also figure in about 100 natures gained from the pure essence in the minigame itself, yielding 1,800 xp from the game itself (10 natures * 18 xp each from the minigame 2x effect).

This means, in total, one minigame round and the time taken to use its rewards at 44-49 runecraft will get you:

586 natures in 28.58 minutes = 20.5 natures per minute

Graahk Figures (2 pouches)

This means, in total, one graahk round time equivelent to the minigame and the time taken to use its rewards at 44-49 runecraft will get you:

968 natures in 28.58 minutes = 33.87 natures per minute

Abyss Figures (2 pouches)

In 28.58 minutes, you can make 23.8 abyss runs to the nature altar.

This means, in total, one abyssal round time equivalent to the minigame and the time taken to use its rewards at 44-49 runecraft will get you:

833 natures in 28.58 minutes = 29.2 natures per minute

Conclusion: Teleport tablets are *not* the best or fastest method to use at *any* runecrafting level.

There may be a few "fuzzy" numbers in there that had to be taken as averages, but you can clearly see that the tablets are a lot less useful than perceived. Now of course if you're playing the minigame anyway for enjoyment and just want the tablets that's cool, I just posted this to show everyone that you really shouldn't be playing the minigame if all you are focused on is getting experience as fast as possible. :)[/hide]

(I've checked these numbers a couple times over, but let me know if there's any mistakes.)

The thing about those calculations, though, is that the time it takes to play the minigame can be ignored if you enjoy playing it. If you like playing the minigame then it may be worth it to you to sacrifice a bit of XP for your enjoyment.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

The great orb project is a fun game with good rewards.... that is horribly unbalanced.

I like the actual game it's a fun way to train runecrafting but yellow nearly always wins.

There is skill involved and numbers but yellow almost always wins because the yellow orbs seem to be closer, more common and in better spots than the green (as well as being larger)

and because yellow wins so often, everyone tries to go to the yellow team and the people on green drop out making it near-impossible to get on the yellow team, making you wait for what seems like an eternity if you are trying to get on yellow team, plus the wait for the next game to start plus more waiting if you lag out.

Yeah. I join green and end up stuck as the only player left against 5-6 yellows. Didn't even get any tokens out of all of it. Yellow's typically full when I try. So forget it. Perhaps Jagex is biased against people with disabilities (referring to the green wizard)?

What do the robes look like?

Go back through the thread and you'll find examples. But I'll be nice and compile them here for others:

[hide=]fullbluerunecrafter.pngOmni-Staff26894.PNGfullgreenrunecrafter.png[/hide]

And no, Gero, you cannot craft the staff. You have to earn 10,000 tokens through the minigame, then purchase the Runecrafter Staff through Elriss (it's at the bottom of her trade window, right above the Rune Essence).

Is the yellow one the only one with the goggles on? Do you have a choice or something? I'd check it out if I could, Nub Runecrafting FTL :wall:

You can actually change it from goggles on to goggles off by right clicking! Finally, that idea was implemented into the game! I've always wanted an item like that, such as a monk hood that you could pull up and down.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000