15 Aug 2008 - Future PvP Updates

Stewie_Griffen

To be honest, I haven't seen the RS community change a single bit since they removed the Wilderness. I still see loads of immature players running around and harassing each other. People just blame the pures so they can have something to blame it on. So don't worry, the community won't "become like it was before" :roll:

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is brilliant, but I guess I will only be able to play in future. When I am free from exams.

I hope F2P pvp rewards will be more unique than rune armour lol.

Good luck all.

Edit: TO Meili, yes.

Question: How will we be fighting? Just fight or issue duel like in rsc (Saw this on classic pics lol)?

Yeah, like that zaryte bow

wait

recharge costs = ammo.

So, all melee weapons are overpowered, at least.

this combat triangle finally makes sense...

Looks hot.

Mobilise your clans for multi.

Grab your best gear for single.

Buy ALL food, potions, armour, arrows weapons and runes now while they're cheap.

This update will effect even the most insolated of players.

Oh and the new armour and rewards i think are PvP world only and have devestating effects.

This means get some early kills, get some decent stuff... get more kills.. make money \'

I used to love being able to PK anywhere, it was really fun. This 2001 post from Robin Hood is a good example of how people were against "PK anywhere" being removed from RuneScape:

I heard in a short time the pk system will change. Everyone will become pk. No more random killing will happen. Youll have to ask a player if the want to fight and what the cost will be if one dies.

This is really really going to suck. This takes all the fun of r.e. away for a whole lot of people. No more hunting for people you dislike, no more spies, having to be ready at all times, running away skills, fighting skills, and so on. This will cut the games fun in half! I know some of you hate pking. Thats what nonpk is for. Why change whats already good.

Please vote to keep the pking system the way it is. What will we all do if there is no gang banging, and random killing of the uneducated newbies? The reason for this change is all the newbie killers. I say fix that not make this game lame.

Along with his follow-up post:

yeah, to change it the way i heard will be sucky. Ill quit and never come back Maybe make it dule option in towns, mining places, stores, bank. blahh blahh. But not in fighting areas. I say if you can cope with death. Then turn ***** nonpk! The rest of us 900+ players so enjoy killing for free goods.

(Of course, Robin Hood went on to be one of the top Wilderness PKers. Oh, and by "900+ players" he means the majority)

ren_tbv450.png

Mechscape World (the original MechScape fansite)

Will it be f2p?

I think it would be a really good money investment for Jagex if they made it P2P only, but I bet it will be for F2P, they're getting everything at the moment :thumbdown:

Will it be f2p?

I think it would be a really good money investment for Jagex if they made it P2P only, but I bet it will be for F2P, they're getting everything at the moment :thumbdown:

It would be a terrible idea. Only member killings? Dear God man, can you imagine the riots? I really think this think will and should be F2P.

Member Pking and Free Pking = Two very different things. #-o

More restrictions with magic terms by having it free aswell ect. = More happy pking.

Sounds good.

The only questionable thing behind this is dropping items on death. Since the other player doesn't receive your items (but instead a game-generated item, due to RWT), it'd essentially mean you lose your equips if someone of higher level boots you out of a training spot in some far-off place, no? This'd essentially mean that if people want to train somewhere using expensive things, they'd never bother doing it on a PvP world due to the risk involved. But I guess we'll have to see how things play out, it's hard to make predictions this early :P

Will it be f2p?

The Wilderness was F2P. If they made it P2P only, it would be stupid. Even members prefer F2P pking sometimes. Don't forget pures.

You guys have twice the world, twice the skills, several times the minigames, several times the quests, achievement capes, and more with only paying $6 and you STILL complain about free players getting an update to a feature that F2P already had in the first place. I smell fail. #-o

Plus, as I stated above members even like to F2P pk. They make pures and such, or just use their normal accounts because some people don't like being hit by multiple shots of barrage.

j0xPu5R.png

Will it be f2p?

Yea, f2p's getting, um, everything #-o God forbid f2p once had the wilderness and now may appreciate another version of said wilderness.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Will it be f2p?

Yea, f2p's getting, um, everything #-o God forbid f2p once had the wilderness and now may appreciate another version of said wilderness.

You guys have twice the world, twice the skills, several times the minigames, several times the quests, achievement capes, and more with only paying $6 and you STILL complain about free players getting an update to a feature that F2P already had in the first place. I smell fail. #-o

Plus, as I stated above members even like to F2P pk. They make pures and such, or just use their normal accounts because some people don't like being hit by multiple shots of barrage.

Me for one!

F2P pking > P2P pking in most circumstances.

Plus generally less cash risk, less complicated... more fun!

Will it be f2p?

You misunderstood me. That facepalm was for 3_hit_u complaining that f2p'ers are getting everything, my argument is you'd think it would be common sense that f2p is getting most of the things they're getting in the first place, such as a replacement to the wilderness they were promised so long ago, that would be f2p.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

[hide=Quote Nest]
Will it be f2p?

[/hide]

You misunderstood me. That facepalm was for 3_hit_u complaining that f2p'ers are getting everything, my argument is you'd think it would be common sense that f2p is getting most of the things they're getting in the first place, such as a replacement to the wilderness they were promised so long ago, that would be f2p.

Yes I did, I apologize for that. Well, I guess that argument can be added to my other post then, lol.

j0xPu5R.png

Man I hope this gonna be great...

Btw, any1 knows a bit more of the date when they release this new update?

We know as much as you do, bud.

I'll come back to RS if it's as good as the wild.