15 Aug 2008 - Future PvP Updates

Stewie_Griffen

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait either, no more piling, sad teaming or penalties... Also I'd like to see the look on the faces of the people who think I'm just an innocent level 67, after I barrage them :lol: .

I don't like the whole "Proud to be pure" in your siggy but a lvl 67 that can barrage :ohnoes:

Scary!

It really is :ohnoes:

Teleblocking will be required, as will be a method of discouraging 4 itemers. What will happen to gravestones? Will a pker just wait at a GS waiting for his victim to return, and KO him over and over ad nauseum? There will be quite a few tweaks rquired compared to old wildy pking, but this is by far the best news I have read in a looong time :)

This will be awesome for clans - especially for sorting out differences :)

Pures will be back en masse - which will be very entertaining now that may ex-pures are now pro tanks! Makes me wanna go dredge up a few pures in training and resurrect them!

anyone know if they will do a wildy thing where there's levels? like 1- 55?

God this makes me want to play! Thank god

I assume you don't read the update articles all the way, they said the level range will vary just like the old Wilderness, the more rural you get the higher the level range.

I'm EXTREMELY fired up about this update as well ::'.

anyone know if they will do a wildy thing where there's levels? like 1- 55?

God this makes me want to play! Thank god

I assume you don't read the update articles all the way, they said the level range will vary just like the old Wilderness, the more rural you get the higher the level range.

I'm EXTREMELY fired up about this update as well ::'.

Cool 'far'away' places where people may go carrying wads of cash or other goodies - and places where someone light hop into a world while still loaded up.

1) MTK - filling coffers on miscellania - often people will take a few mill there just to top up the coffers and most take no food - ever.

2) Dags under lighthouse - catch that sneaky person with a cannon!

3) GWD - though not likely.

4) Mage training? Not likely to be able to fight in there but loads of runes taken in there.

5) Barrows pking? Maybe allowed in tunnels.

6) See someone training summoning often? Smack em up as they will be carrying mils worth of shards usually.

7) Iron drag trainers won't be safe on these worlds!

8) PC Outpost - that would be funny!

9)Anyone afking at bandits

10) Entrana - oooo. Make those bows/xbows and blast away?

Sooo, all above (and heaps more) would be fun to explore with the ablility to PK, and most importantly - anti pk :)

Luring people into a false sense of security that you are either a) not armed, B) afk, c) stupid or d) all alone - will be a whole heap of fun! Everyone will walk around in full black dhide non stop!

You're an idiot if you think people doing those activities will be on a Pk world.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

I hope Jagex really does a good job on this for their sake! I hope they just think it through and make sure bugs/balance issues are fixed.

And lets hope we don't get a Karil set again for range!!

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

^ the old pking will never come back :geek:

The old pking is coming back as we speak. What the hell do you mean?

its not what it has been,because you dont get the players item if you kill him...

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

its not what it has been,because you dont get the players item if you kill him...

Also, if you want to do "civilian" activities, you'd have to be mentally impaired to go to a PvP world to do them.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

I think he means things like all the drops showing when you die and stuff like that because of new Anti-RWT stuff.

It will never be the same as old pking but then again.

pking is pking :thumbsup:

Zaroterasu.png

:lol: I hope its not just going to be duel everywhere like in RS1.

sorry to disappoint but i think you didn't read the update as well...jagex explicitly stated that it will be exactly like how RS1 was long time ago and you will be able to PK anywhere anytime safe for certain areas (towns i believe)

as someone who has been playing for 6 years now i'm really looking forward to jagex bringing back the concept of killing anywhere...it is an essential feature of so many MMORPGs other than kiddy games like maplestory...only the hard and strong can call themselves spartans!!!

This day we Fight!!!

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

:lol: I hope its not just going to be duel everywhere like in RS1.

sorry to disappoint but i think you didn't read the update as well...jagex explicitly stated that it will be exactly like how RS1 was long time ago and you will be able to PK anywhere anytime safe for certain areas (towns i believe)

as someone who has been playing for 6 years now i'm really looking forward to jagex bringing back the concept of killing anywhere...it is an essential feature of so many MMORPGs other than kiddy games like maplestory...only the hard and strong can call themselves spartans!!!

This day we Fight!!!

I think he was separating the differences between dueling and actual wilderness PK'ing.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

I can't wait until this comes out and everyone notices the giant flaw in the system, and complains on the rant forum. I love PKers.

Best games ever, in order:

Final Fantasy VII - PlayStation

Gears of War - Xbox 360

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - Xbox

Fable II - Xbox 360

Dead Rising - Xbox 360

I can't wait until this comes out and everyone notices the giant flaw in the system, and complains on the rant forum. I love PKers.

Will be interesting.

not sure why anyone would complain, anything is better than BH tbh.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

Will be interesting.

not sure why anyone would complain, anything is better than BH tbh.

Really? You don't know the RuneScape community, then.

Best games ever, in order:

Final Fantasy VII - PlayStation

Gears of War - Xbox 360

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - Xbox

Fable II - Xbox 360

Dead Rising - Xbox 360