15 Aug 2008 - Future PvP Updates

Stewie_Griffen

A few concerns I have:

1) Teleblock is coming back, obviously. Would the enchanted diamond bracelet work on player teleblocks?

2) Would there be revs on these new worlds? If not, I can see wildy clues becoming a lot less dangerous. Ex: More pkers hunting in the normal world, and those who do go into the wild probably won't attack.

3) Would Jagex create new servers? Using old servers = regular trainers less inclined to train on those worlds = more people on other worlds = over crowded training areas. Although it would depend on how many worlds converted.

4) Does BH stay or go? I'm thinking stay, but Jagex could create worlds that use both BH AND Pk-anywhere.

5) I hope Jagex removes Pk-anywhere worlds from the Recommended World button, I don't wanna see all these rants about someone accedentally clicking it and getting pked....

EDIT: To above, there isn't any new gear on this release. The "loot" is currently existing items, generated by the server.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because I've never been too interested in PvP (actually to the point where I have never killed anyone outside of a mini-game, I think :ohnoes: ) I took notice of the new quests coming out... sounds interesting! :thumbsup:

I'm guessing we're getting a sequel to the first Wildy quest because it's new territory, but I enjoyed that quest anyway so it'll be cool to discover the next chapter sooner than I expected.

This bigger and badder quest sounds promising, trouble is I haven't completed RFD yet lol... still have Amik Varze to rescue but this new one is definitely something to look forward too as well.

My only concern with these new 'PvP' only-worlds is that those without generally high combat skills etc won't be able to move very far because the more experienced players will just slaughter them at will... the death system would have to work different on those worlds surely if newer players were to be tempted into logging in to those worlds.

Either way, it looks like everyone's going to be pleased \'

Should be quite interesting to see how JaGeX handle the RWT situation, but yeah, not a bad idea besides welcoming many pures with bad attitudes and massive ego's back into the game :|

PvP was never a huge part of my Runescape experience, although I'm glad to see that many people's prayers have been answered. :thumbsup:

I hope the new quest has in insanely hard boss, just to annoy so called "Quest pures" people who have quest cape at 85 cb. they annoy me. other than that, the best thing about rs was integrated skilling vs killing, I'm happy to see it come back, although since its going to be outside of the wild I'm fairly sure that there will be less "Honour" fights, which completely rules and tbh, was the main thing (apart from rwt) that people disliked about pking.

OMG, TY, YES PLS.

this-is-why-im-hot-super-mario-bros-fire-flower-funny-video-game-t-shirt-snorgtees.gif

GT: JRD is AvT

YT: hatethegamer

Youtube has nothing on it atm, but getting HD PVR within a month, so watch this space.

EDIT: To above, there isn't any new gear on this release. The "loot" is currently existing items, generated by the server.

High rewards for kills. To avoid any RWT issues the reward for a successful PK will be generated by the game, similar to when you kill a monster at the moment. We're creating generous drop tables based on factors like your levels and the impressiveness of the kill.

These drop tables will include "PvP world specific" items like XP-modifying gear, lvl 70+ equipment and new, glorious, short-term but hard hitting gear. These will once again make PKing a viable source of income.

sigh.png

I'm skeptical about this, I lack trust in Jagex and I hate them for creating false hop and hype...

Anyways, we'll see.

Unfortunately I have to agree.

Believe it when I see it.

Not some vast area restricted by rules and regulations and PANTS rewards.

Nice idea and lots of hype but we'll see if they deliver the goods.....but I'm also (very) skeptical.

i2ev0lutions.

(Not to say I'm not looking forward to it - I can't wait. :thumbsup: I just do not want to be disappointed.) :?

"Leave no stone unturned...."

I think we all know what this means.

STONE OF JAS

D:

Well duh that means they want us to go outside :roll:

What the hell is this "outside" of which you speak? :shock:

Finally, we'd like to let you in on a little secret we're currently working on our highest level, longest, most exciting quest ever.

Omg-do-not-want%21.jpg

HOW TRUE

FREAKING TAKES THE CAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE THAT POST!!! ALSO YAY PKING, IM A NUB AT IT

Bad_Eulogy.png

I hope the new quest has in insanely hard boss, just to annoy so called "Quest pures" people who have quest cape at 85 cb. they annoy me. other than that, the best thing about rs was integrated skilling vs killing, I'm happy to see it come back, although since its going to be outside of the wild I'm fairly sure that there will be less "Honour" fights, which completely rules and tbh, was the main thing (apart from rwt) that people disliked about pking.

OMG, TY, YES PLS.

Why do they annoy you? Is it because you're jealous they have a Quest Cape at 85 combat? Frankly I don't see any other reason why, unless you're stereotyping anyone with a Quest Cape at 85 combat.

People who stereotype others annoy me.

And in my opinion, "Honor fights" were something invented to stay alive. The wilderness is free for all, you take the risk going into multi. Sure, if you both agree on something, then fine. But quite frequently I ran into people calling me a "noob with no honor" just because they died. I mean, it's your fault for coming out here. Who says I have to fight by your rules?

Too often I see people get called a noob for trying to stay alive (IE prayer, food, etc). Yet, here we are, insulting someone by saying they have no "honor" just because they won't follow your rules even though you took the risk of coming out here. You know the reason you're using this "honor" thing is so that you can stay alive; so you have a better chance. Want a better chance? Don't come here.

No, I don't hate PKers; there's plenty good people. I dislike hypocrites.

(I didn't mean this at you, but merely taking advantage of that statement to state my opinion)

cliffside1ra5.png

The new PvP update sounds interesting. But PKing will be completely different, with 99% of the map becoming PvP everything will change. PKing "spots" will differ greatly than "old wilderness", for example. I'm actually looking forward to it though, but I'm sure, with it being Jagex, there will be one major flaw.

And in my opinion, "Honor fights" were something invented to stay alive. The wilderness is free for all, you take the risk going into multi. Sure, if you both agree on something, then fine. But quite frequently I ran into people calling me a "noob with no honor" just because they died. I mean, it's your fault for coming out here. Who says I have to fight by your rules?

Too often I see people get called a noob for trying to stay alive (IE prayer, food, etc). Yet, here we are, insulting someone by saying they have no "honor" just because they won't follow your rules even though you took the risk of coming out here. You know the reason you're using this "honor" thing is so that you can stay alive; so you have a better chance. Want a better chance? Don't come here.

No, I don't hate PKers; there's plenty good people. I dislike hypocrites.

(I didn't mean this at you, but merely taking advantage of that statement to state my opinion)

Haha man I can remember everyone always complained about no honour/honour fights, I mean what were they complaining about, since the wild is gone that sort of complains seem nothing.

diddnt classics use to have a kinda "fight anywhere" part to the game?

Im kinda looking foward to it how ever i hope when u click the world u get a warning message coz for some people they could missclick on a world and think meh ill stay here.

Im looking foward to it personaly

koolcookie0.png

Goals: 15m Slayer xp | 85 Herblore | 75+ All Stats | Chaotic Rapier | 125k/200k Tokens

Once again pures will rise and dominate PvP.

It's about time.

I really doubt it this time around, mage-bank style pkers will be ripping everyone apart, that's the way it should be and will be :)

I remember right after dec 10, the rants and suggestions forums were filled with ideas on pking coming back without rwt. They were a small minority and were constantly flamed for being whiners. There were some who said "stop whining. get over it. pking is gone. it is never coming back".

Then there were riots "no pk no rs" and people laughed at them...

I guess this announcement just k'oed em all :D

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

I remember right after dec 10, the rants and suggestions forums were filled with ideas on pking coming back without rwt. They were a small minority and were constantly flamed for being whiners. There were some who said "stop whining. get over it. pking is gone. it is never coming back".

KO'ed them all? No. It wasn't the rioting that got Jagex to implement these worlds, it's the money. They're going to be making A LOT more money now, that's what they're after. Who cares if 16 year old drop outs riot on a game, where Jagex doesn't even have to read what they type? It's all about the money.

Best games ever, in order:

Final Fantasy VII - PlayStation

Gears of War - Xbox 360

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - Xbox

Fable II - Xbox 360

Dead Rising - Xbox 360

ITS A SCHEME!

Jagex want's kids to look forward to going back to school because their game has like murdered their IQs.

I actually logged in to post in this epic news thread. Mabye runescape will become worth playing again?

This news made me so happy im not tired (anymore) from my all nighter last night.

Almost this could mean (For some) PRO FAST LEVELING!!!! Because people will go in like groups of 6 to the BEEEEEESSSSSSSSSTTTTTTT training spots, and three will guard and three will abuse the empty training spots for pro fast leveling.

Back to the ogre cage.

PS, Phelps winning 8 golds still beats this update, nice try jagex.

wildy58.png

Wildy58.png

Why would pures "dominate"? The biggest reason they did so well was because of the element of surprise, and becuase they can run away at any time. In pvp worlds, they'll be murdered no matter how far they run. If they can't kill the opponent quick, they might as well be dead pretty quickly, seeing as there will be so many aggresive people around ready to kill them.

In the old wilderness, pures did so well becasuse they could get kills before they got hit, and could easily run away.

I've faced them before in the duel arena, and because they didn't get a few more hits on me before I could react, they didn't do so well. Also, without food, they won't survive long at all, so if they don't get the jump on you, they lose a chunk of what makes them so deadly. Without food, that gets rid of a large amount of what's keeping them alive, but they will have food anywhere besides the duel arena.

Sure, maybe I've faced lower class, weaker, pures (I don't really know, I can't tell) in my past, or maybe not. One way or another, I'm pretty sure, without the element of surprise, and the ability to run, they won't do as well.

People with 99 everything would obviously do better, of course. That's what I go for, high everything.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Why would pures "dominate"? The biggest reason they did so well was because of the element of surprise, and becuase they can run away at any time. In pvp worlds, they'll be murdered no matter how far they run. If they can't kill the opponent quick, they might as well be dead pretty quickly, seeing as there will be so many aggresive people around ready to kill them.

In the old wilderness, pures did so well becasuse they could get kills before they got hit, and could easily run away.

I've faced them before in the duel arena, and because they didn't get a few more hits on me before I could react, they didn't do so well. Also, without food, they won't survive long at all, so if they don't get the jump on you, they lose a chunk of what makes them so deadly. Without food, that gets rid of a large amount of what's keeping them alive, but they will have food anywhere besides the duel arena.

Sure, maybe I've faced lower class, weaker, pures (I don't really know, I can't tell) in my past, or maybe not. One way or another, I'm pretty sure, without the element of surprise, and the ability to run, they won't do as well.

People with 99 everything would obviously do better, of course. That's what I go for, high everything.

Pures aren't designed for the element of surprise, are they? Pures were the dominant type of PKer simply because their 40 attack - 1 defence - X strength was the most efficient setup in F2P. Unless Jagex makes both defence and attack worth raising as much as strength this kind of pure will own the new PvP as well - and since I fear the 70+ armor will be P2P-only (no use skipping from 40 to 70, at any rate) there will be nothing to do about this. Of course, with my pretty decent pure this wouldn't make me too sad.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

Hmmm usually a bit of range for added hp aswell. Plus the fact that green dhide is best melee def for level 1 def and that range hits very very fast and very well against 1 defence.

Plus allowed R2H a 2 hit swap out for the KO.

KO'ed them all? No. It wasn't the rioting that got Jagex to implement these worlds, it's the money. They're going to be making A LOT more money now, that's what they're after. Who cares if 16 year old drop outs riot on a game, where Jagex doesn't even have to read what they type? It's all about the money.

I wasnt saying that rioting is the cause of this.

It is just really funny to look back at how some people just declared that pking will never come back and here it is.

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png