15 Aug 2008 - Future PvP Updates

Stewie_Griffen

It would be cool if they released the PK worlds on the 1-year anniversary of the removal of the wilderness ;)

I can't wait til it happen !!! so no it won't be cool when it is on the 1 year anniversary of removal of wilderness !!! :shame:

but the main problem 4 me is that how many world is going to be P v P ?

and

Which part of the world will this P v P happen in ??? :wall:

huntintheenemy-1.png

Legendz - 100+ F2p combat !! Join today and get TWO free cookies @@@@@

crowngolduh9.gif - Proud Leader of LEGENDZ

warsword.gif - Proud Warlord of Clan Europe

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the joy about pking wasnt about items for me, it was about the joy of killing someone with risk, this could be the greatest pvp update in existance because you will lose items just like you did before, creating the same feeling old pking had, only in all of runescape.

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

Now comes the birth of POC...since they'll actually be able to fight for there land and fight to take over, POC will pop up now i think.

but to the pvp..

OH...MY...GOD...

It would be cool if they released the PK worlds on the 1-year anniversary of the removal of the wilderness ;)

I can't wait til it happen !!! so no it won't be cool when it is on the 1 year anniversary of removal of wilderness !!! :shame:

but the main problem 4 me is that how many world is going to be P v P ?

and

Which part of the world will this P v P happen in ??? :wall:

99% of the world, last 1% will probably safe areas around banks and such.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

Even though I am not a pker...thnx jagex. I can stand the 8 year old pures as long they consume our goods. Hopefully some prices can go up because of this.

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

Looks rather exciting but a scardy cat saradomin clad miner like me would probably stay away from PvP worlds during powermining sessions...I lieks waring my gearz wile minin :lol:. I'd only switch to PvP worlds...to PvP! Couldn't stand the risks otherwise. Then again, we don't know what 1% of the worlds will be safe so we'll have to see. Got to say with this new added Pk anywhere element, RuneScape will resemble the other MMORPGs out there that have no-holds-bar worlds/servers.

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Thanks for the great memories folks :).

Even though I am not a pker...thnx jagex. I can stand the 8 year old pures as long they consume our goods. Hopefully some prices can go up because of this.

Im sure sharks, super set pots, runes, and arrows will skyrocket. ::'

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

I have never been a big pker so when this new update comes out, I doubt I will use it much. I am still looking forward to it a lot, because I feel that if it is what Jagex promises then it will be a great replacement for the wilderness. I think a lot of players will come back to the game and the players still playing might stop complaining a bit. Well at least until they find something to complain about.

The quest will also shut a few players up about the easiness of the quests. So overall, a bit less complaining seems to be coming up which suits me fine.

The economy will also benefit greatly because all the new pkers that will come out of this will need new equipment and everything else. The economy might sort itself out.

Lol i never seen the compliments forum in RSOF so active with this update on PVP

I hope in comes out in the next few months :o

This will possibly be the greatest update to PvP in the history of runescape. Just imagine walking around and pking people anywhere you go. Jagex can't possibly screw this up.

THE ONLY ONES ON THE WORLD WILL BE PKERS THEMSELVES -- THERE ARE NO RC'ERS RUNNING TO GET KILLED BY YOU

THE ONLY ONES ON THE WORLD WILL BE PKERS THEMSELVES -- THERE ARE NO RC'ERS RUNNING TO GET KILLED BY YOU

gah! why do people keep acting as if free kills will walk into their hands?

idk: I might actually go skilling there in the places "far" (with which I mean: as a pker you won't go there) away from the bank but which are normally crowded.. empty mining guild/easy chinchompas?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Very, very nice!

I've had a few friends leave cause of no more pking so it'd be nice if they returned. :pray:

Stading ovation for jagex, i thinks

=D> =D> =D>

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

Man, PVP everywhere on a Free Server would be REALLY crowded. I can see it now...Like Banks packed to the brim with a bunch of PKers standing outside waiting patiently.

Sounds Flippin Awesome :thumbsup:

Overall, i'm just loving the whole attitude towards the whole thing, even though I won't be taking part. You should stand at the Grand Exchange and listen to all the people in the levels between 30-70 shouting about how the wilderness is coming back, renevants will be all over the game etc. etc. :lol:

Nobody seems to remember that it is nearly the exact same as the PvP combat system on RuneScape Classic, save for the random-drop reward.

This is a perfect time for us to buy the whole Shark Market. When that update hits, the prices will be back to 1k each people! \'

Retired Crew Member | Retired RuneScape Player

Are we all going to agree on the title: ~The Golden Age of Runescape~? I think it's catchy.

I just love the idea that the two types of players (although there are hybrids of both) of Skillers and PKers get to leave each other alone in their separate worlds, and yet harmonise with each other, producing economical benefits for both. With the inclusion of the GE, I swear it's better than before the removal.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

It's an OK update. I'm glad that all the PKers will be satisfied and that they'll be out of my way. The only thing that bugs me is I hope that the major skilling spots on the non-pvp worlds will become crowded.

I agree with those of you who hate PKers though. The majority are just so childish and ignorant.

UrbanLegend.png

I agree with those of you who hate PKers though. They're just so childish and ignorant.

I don't even PvP and I find that offensive.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

It's an OK update. I'm glad that all the PKers will be satisfied and that they'll be out of my way. The only thing that bugs me is I hope that the major skilling spots on the non-pvp worlds will become crowded.

I agree with those of you who hate PKers though. The majority are just so childish and ignorant.

My fault, fixed now. Phrased myself wrongly.

UrbanLegend.png

I don't really like the sound of it, why not just bring back the wilderness in certain worlds with the same looting rules? It's going to be quite hard to find people in the WHOLE of Runescape >_>

At least it's optional...

Massbleeding.png

^dds'er in progress =D

I don't really like the sound of it, why not just bring back the wilderness in certain worlds with the same looting rules? It's going to be quite hard to find people in the WHOLE of Runescape >_>

Don't worry, after the first week or so people will find a spot where everyone meets up and fights. There will also be a safe zone convieniently placed nearby because Pkers are cowards if they start to lose.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Don't worry, after the first week or so people will find a spot where everyone meets up and fights. There will also be a safe zone convieniently placed nearby because Pkers are cowards if they start to lose.

Hahahaha so true! This is why I don't like them, the contradict themselves. They spit blood and insult your mother if you run from a fight with them, yet they do it when they're losing.

UrbanLegend.png