15 Aug 2008 - Future PvP Updates

Stewie_Griffen

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES!

This is to awesome for words \' \'

I look forward to seeing peaple make new pk areas ...

Like "hillz" and "fortress" from the old pking ::'

Good job Jagex , i knew you could do it :P

ffvsiefh7.gif

What-the-deuce.jpg

Signature by Littleboy

Runescape and impatient people are like ying and yang, they exist as one, they need each other

First of all, I haven't been much of a PKer, nor have I really cared for PKing/Wilderness, but I must say that this update will finally add some reprieve to what PKing once was, really. Besides, I might get interested in it again and start training empathetically for that sole purpose again.

As for the quest, all I can truly and humbly say is:

Hell, it's about time.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Wow, I'm guessing they released this because it's half-way through the month, it's like a semi-BTS. And I'm more excited about this than most BTS's I've seen!

To be honest, this might actually properly replace and maybe even improve Wilderness PKing. Scary thought huh?

This must of been all part of their ellaborate scheme, or at least that's how it works for me.

Wildy is here, make a pure, put stuff on him from your main. Wildy is gone .. stuff goes back on main. Fair trade rule releases, all hope is lost for said pure with no non-combat skills. Pking is re-released and my pures all have no items on them.

Very clever Jagex, touche'!

I am very very excited about this.

You didn't seriously think Jagex is that smart? And there are no pures which can self-sustain, as it is certainly impossible to get your WC to 70 and go cut yews (and even easier for members)?

Now that we're here... deny that this will be P2P-only, everyone. :)

They won't be p2p only, every wilderness replacement update has almost fully included f2p.

I love the phrase 'Leave no stone unturned', that could be a good title of the EPIC quest. Stone of Jas, here we come...

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Well this soon to be update won't effect me, as I'm not a pker and I don't really care much for this kind of an update into the game. I just hope Jagex brings in a few more extra worlds over the month to cope with these new pvp worlds that way skillers who need an extra spot that may be taken don't have to jump to a pvp world to train.

xxteargodxx.png

I dont think we need new worlds, there are already empty ones that can be used up :)

oh and btw

WOOT

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

Yay, they're going to implement my idea(s) I was banging on to Jagex about for months, nice to know they "gave a hint" to the best up-coming PvP minigame EVER created for Classic PKers.... *cough* CATCHING + 3 ROUND SYSTEM *cough* Ooooh I'm back at my best? :ohnoes:

if i had to sum my impression of it in one word- orgasmic

i luf everything!!!

new pvp is sweet

skiller-killer mini-game is very sweet

new quest is uber sweet

and the fact that i bought 500 kwuarms not hours before the news is "omfg my teath are falling out its so sweet"

yea im going to invest A LOT in this. 500 super str pots atm and will be getting lots more for f2p and p2p needs :twisted:

Y_Z.png

I just re-read the update and of course it is too good to be true, Jagex isn't bringing back the "old school pking" whatsoever. If you read carefully, you don't get what your opponent drops you get a "reward" based on impressiveness of the kill and your combat lvl. So if you kill someone wearing full dragon you won't get not one single piece of it. You will get a reward, and we all know how gracious Jagex is with their rewards for players.

xxteargodxx.png

Yay, they're going to implement my idea(s) I was banging on to Jagex about for months, nice to know they "gave a hint" to the best up-coming PvP minigame EVER created for Classic PKers.... *cough* CATCHING + 3 ROUND SYSTEM *cough* Ooooh I'm back at my best? :ohnoes:

This is why people dislike you, just in case you were curious.

So many people have wanted this idea for so long, come on man.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

I just re-read the update and of course it is too good to be true, Jagex isn't bringing back the "old school pking" whatsoever. If you read carefully, you don't get what your opponent drops you get a "reward" based on impressiveness of the kill and your combat lvl. So if you kill someone wearing full dragon you won't get not one single piece of it. You will get a reward, and we all know how gracious Jagex is with their rewards for players.

Pretty sure everyone already knew that. You're the only one that didn't. :lol:

and wow, i never liked pking. Ever. And this might just turn me. I love this update! It looks so great but the best part is 70+ armour! One step closer to 99 def armour. 8-)

And eatrunearrow can go die in the wilderness ditch.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Nobody ever said you'd get what you killed, in fact there was a discussion about how Jagex would value the rewards, albeit a small one. You should read as well....

Proud member of the Tal Shiar Alliance

Flobberdude.png

Goals: Quest cape, skill range 10 or less, all stats above 60. (Although yes, I am aware that in order to do the first two, I have to do the third.)

----

I am sick and tired of people asking me to put stuff in my signature. If you agree with me, do NOT put this in your signature.

Ok, tbh, I have never liked PKing and when the Wild went, I was sooooooooo happy. I hated PKer's that stopped me from doing my daily activities. But now that we are separated from each other, I say AMEN! This has to be the best year for updates since...well I don't even know when. Everyone is getting a piece of the pie. And to be even more honest, I'm curious to play on these PK Worlds. I want to see if I can ever get over the nerves of fighting with another player.

I remember someone somewhere once threw out a number like 16% of the RS Community are PKers. I have no idea how that number came to be, but it was mostly agreed upon. And there's what? 150,000 players on average playing? That means that roughly 24,000 PK players are online at once and I have no idea what the percentage of P2P and F2P is. So if there are only say, 6 new worlds and at the current restriction of 2,000 players at one time, wouldn't that make them overcrowded at all times? And if that number is true, what about the players that just can't get in?

Another angle: Besides Combat-Based Potions rising, wouldn't Metal Armors and Weapons move to rise? I mean if you can make you own armor and get killed, you can make it again. Or sell it to players that need it? Might put a bigger demand on the base metal armors. I know, for example, if I went there, I would be wearing what I can make. So, its not a huge loss if I get KO'd. Might even put a demand on the Metal Bar/Ore Market as well.

My conclusion of all this...keep doing what you are doing Jagex. I'm praising you all the way. I know of least one WoW person in real life that has come to this game and enjoys it. This will be the icing on the cake for him.

People of Runescape...REJOICE!!!

These drop tables will include "PvP world specific" items like XP-modifying gear, lvl 70+ equipment and new, glorious, short-term but hard hitting gear. These will once again make PKing a viable source of income.

Sounds to me like an epic new barrows brother, or perhaps a sister? :ohnoes:

Love the the update, maybe you can have team pking areas too? It would bring back memories of how I met some good mates of mine. :thumbsup:

1251842664adamantdragonsignature.png

Woudlnt this basically be like the old RSC? Sounds funn ::' . Now i'll know what it was like to play RS in the early stages. And it also says 2008, not 9, so only have a year ::' .

This reminds me of the suggestion of "fighting for areas".

Also, the pking worlds are gonna be crowded...and the piles :? .

Also, 70+gear? sounds nice. Annoying thing is...more bloody pures -.-

ALSO:

The classic pking sytem sounds nice, but i doubt it'll be implemented. Also, Jagex idea may have been suggested by you, but i've seen suggestions for similar ideas by other people, so dont go assuming you brought back the wildy, like how you assumed you broght back Pures.