15 Aug 2008 - Future PvP Updates

Stewie_Griffen

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These drop tables will include "PvP world specific" items like XP-modifying gear, lvl 70+ equipment and new, glorious, short-term but hard hitting gear. These will once again make PKing a viable source of income.

Sounds to me like an epic new barrows brother, or perhaps a sister? :ohnoes:

And today, we release our new pking worlds! Along with the worlds themselves, we also release several new suits of armour (with weapons!), collectively known as "I can't believe it's not barrows". Examples include the awesomely powerful set known as "I can't believe it's not Dharoks", the agile ranger gear "I can't believe it's not Kharils", and of course the mystically mighty set entitled "I can't believe it's not Ahrims". We are sure you will all be amazed by the fantastic abilities these will grant you, from hitting far higher than normal, to annihalating the stats of your foes, and healing yourself as you damage your enemies.

Hail to The Great Big Penguin in the sky. And Guthix, of course.

Harbringerjm.gif

Like a dream comming true!

Lovely update!

Can't wait to see the result :D

I'd like to see the new type of account these PvP Worlds create:

Characters which only log in on those worlds from the start!

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

Yay, they're going to implement my idea(s) I was banging on to Jagex about for months, nice to know they "gave a hint" to the best up-coming PvP minigame EVER created for Classic PKers.... *cough* CATCHING + 3 ROUND SYSTEM *cough* Ooooh I'm back at my best? :ohnoes:

You don't seriously believe that you came up with the idea for a world where you could player-kill anywhere do you? Then again you thought it was a *fantastic* idea to post a thread about Party Hats becoming sellable again when you managed to sell your Red. Yeah, 'cos that has never happened since the GE's release. :roll:

bigheadruinsthedayjb0.png

Ok, tbh, I have never liked PKing and when the Wild went, I was sooooooooo happy. I hated PKer's that stopped me from doing my daily activities.

Most obnoxious post of the day. The PKers are very sorry for being king of their own realm, and you don't seriously mean you expect to walk here and there in peace in a PKer-infested world?

Another angle: Besides Combat Potions rising, wouldn't Metal Armors and Weapons move to rise? I mean if you can make you own armor and get killed, you can make it again. Or sell it to players that need it? Might put a bigger demand on the base metal armors. I know, for example, if I went there, I would be wearing what I can make. So, its not a huge loss if I get KO'd. Might even put a demand on the Metal Bar/Ore Market as well.

At the very least it might stop and revert the fall that's been happening more and more drastically for a long time.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

Ok, tbh, I have never liked PKing and when the Wild went, I was sooooooooo happy. I hated PKer's that stopped me from doing my daily activities.

Most obnoxious post of the day. The PKers are very sorry for being king of their own realm, and you don't seriously mean you expect to walk here and there in peace in a PKer-infested world?

Not trying to sound obnoxious. But I wasn't a fan of being PKed if I wasn't ready to fight. To me, that was just picking on the weak. I do/did have respect for PKer's that wanted to fight others that were ready to fight. At least it was a fair match. I'm not a good PKer and remember the few times I tried it, having my heart race and begin to shake with nervousness. It was because I knew if I lost, I was going to loss my items. But at least I was trying to defend myself and even win (yes, I won sometimes). I do understand the thrill of winning. And I hated the feel of defeat. And hated more being killed when I was trying to finish a clue. You know, minding my own business.

Now that the worlds are separated, we can all live in a state of balance. A form of Harmony if you will. We can rely on each other (Skillers and Killers). I said it in another post and will say it again here. I think Runescape is heading in a Golden Age.

2008 ftw!

I cant belive that they are doing this. Im really excited about it. I might actually try to PK now when to update comes out. Im really looking tword the new updates coming up with-in the next several months.

Great job jagex :thumbsup:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Pking in Lumbridge brings back memories. Not exactly good ones but now that my pixel is all grown up, I'm looking forward to these updates :mrgreen:

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

I read this towards the top of the page and something stood out to me.

These drop tables will include "PvP world specific" items like XP-modifying gear, lvl 70+ equipment and new, glorious, short-term but hard hitting gear. These will once again make PKing a viable source of income.

"Short-term but hard hitting gear". Everyone who reads that will interperut (Sp? -.-) it differently, however when I read that, I don't think something degradable like barrows. I see it as something that has an amazing bonus, or something amazing to it, but short-term lasting. As is after so much combat with it, it would completely disappear and be gone forever. Its actually an idea that, if I'm right about, could work very well...

sgsagssighe6.jpg

the trick is to balance all of these methods to get 99 and either play real life or train another skill while farming.

635th to 99 Farming 12/16/07

Wow good news. besides i'll finally have another clan event to work in, more minigames for skillers, and a quest bigger than rfd. Maybe mep3? Maybe a continuation on the vampire storyline? Maybe both?

Oh and by the way skillers, even if you hated the pkers, and hate to see them coming back, they do have an upside.

Remember those sharks that wont sell? Those natures crashing down? Herblore being burnt down, revived again and smashed to smithereens? Smithing collecting dust and competing with dozens of miners at the rune rocks?

Mourn no more, since we bring back your income! We will need food, armour, potions, arrows and magic training. You will see your income rise, which is a pro, and the ability to be smashed to bits, which is a con, considering you don't have Torags platebody on and you didn't train your combat because you and all the other thousands of lvl 3 skillers want to be unique. But I'm getting ahead of time.

I'm looking forward to the reunion of these people, skillers and player killers, hand in hand. So that the world of Runescape can be one ha... Alright, enough, this booze is making me nuts.

Btw: Yay, Excitement in my favourite browser game :P

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

Finally an update no one will flame?

Finally an update no one will flame?

I wouldn't say that..

"omg i just created an acc and waked out of lumby and died by a pker gf jagex"

#-o

Not that anyone will care what they say anyway. :lol:

j0xPu5R.png

I couldn't stop reading this when I first saw it. I'm amazed this may be one of the most anticipated updates in a long time. When I'm done I can't stop muttering to myself HOLY GREAT [CABBAGE]. Pking updated, new quests, mini games, this is what we need to pull RS into the #1 MMORPG online game for now and perhaps for ever. \'

Oh and by the way skillers, even if you hated the pkers, and hate to see them coming back, they do have an upside.

Remember those sharks that wont sell? Those natures crashing down? Herblore being burnt down, revived again and smashed to smithereens? Smithing collecting dust and competing with dozens of miners at the rune rocks?

Perhaps this is a good time to start buying those items and making a large amount of profit?

Wow. This is FREAKING awesome.

I actully have been wanting generated loot for PvP for a while. It solves RWT but still gives a reason to PK.

The only possible problem would be people intentionally losing to farm items, but i'm sure Jagex will think of something to counteract this.

Hopefully.

RBqi.gif

Can be looted to obtain a variable item and reobtain the imp jar. If you are insane, it can instead be exchanged for impling jars from Elnock Inquisitor.

Jagex is adding better and better content every month :D

New equipment plawks.. Maybe even a bit for F2P? :shock: PeeKay everywhere? Sounds really good! This will probably enable people to use Familiars in dangerous PvP combat.. Let's just hope they implement some kind of system to stop high levels from wtf-pwning low-levels :x

A quest longer than Recipe for Disaster?? Oh em gee.. [sarcasm] Quest Cape owners will probably love this! [/sarcasm] :lol: Shame that I'm stuck in F2P, na wai for me to experience this quest in a long while :cry:

I'm really happeh after reading this, good job Jagex, keep making this already awesome game even cooler! ;)

I'm quite sure that at least someone will rant about this though.. There just simply isn't an update that would make everyone happy. :?

"omfg i went in world and logd in to lmby 4nd a [blam!!] fr00b just pwnt me gf jagex ruinedscape sux ima go play wow pl0xx" (no offense to WoW players)

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

I'm just wondering but what is this stone of ras that everyone is talking about. Is it from a previous quest?

99 fletching achieved 09/04/08 99 defence achieved 08/31/09 99 smithing achieved 07/25/10
99 attack achieved 03/11/10 99 constitution achieved 05/14/11
99 strength achieved 06/01/11 99 cooking achieved 01/17/12
99 woodcutting achieved 05/10/12 99 firemaking achieved 05/10/12

I wish they made it so that your current characters can't be transferred to the new worlds. Everyone had to start new characters and live in this fierce kill or be killed world to train up their skills and characters.

Doubt it'll happen, but it'd be pretty sweet.

Only way to get GWD items is to do GWD while fighting other people and stuff. Haha.

It'd really make having and earning certain items really impressive. It'd be like us starting over, but only temporary, and with the knowledge we all have.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.