People not seeing the POINT of RC?

Atom Smash40

Your argument is flawed in the same way that it's flawed to say that getting level 99 in any skill that ends before 99, is pointless.

Personal preference, look it up. :roll:

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point of a skill is whatever you want it to be :)

Yes. This is the only true thing said on this thread.

Who are you to tell me I can only level a skill for a certain reason? I level all my skills for various reasons, and some of them could very well be just so I have access to new minigames.

Yes, Runecrafting is profitable, but they want the 50 RC for multiple reasons. I bet it didn't even CROSS your mind that people might just want 50 rc to play the minigame to earn Astral Teleport Tablets so they can switch to and from lunar magicks much faster.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Am I the only one who thought Runecrafting is one of the most rewarding skills I have ever needed? Also, I believe most people who say "omg rc is so boring, and i can make faster cash at " are ignorant to the fact that while profits seem to have gone done, new updates have the made the skill faster than ever before. People often say Natures are the only way to craft. Again, it's blatantly obvious that double crafting comics is more money - and often over looked. Deaths, they are a highly stable rune market, and still offer nearly 300gp. Astrals, a lot of people just speed through the abyss after getting 82, ignoring the fact that they can double craft Astrals. Yeah they are the same price as double cosmics, but what they don't realize is that it's a lot faster.

Another thing, a lot of people hear that it's good money. They get 44, and start crafting Natures via abyss. They do an hour, and what? Only 100k profit? They don't spend what little time is needed to learn how to train this skill properly. They wear all sorts of heavy armour like rune or dragonhide; forget Boots of Lightness or Spotted capes, I have Dragon and Skill! I came across a level 92 RC'er doing this and it just annoyed me to no end (for what reason, I am unsure). Super energies are another, they see the hefty price tag of 1K, and instantly think that is insane but when you're getting more than 12k a run, it's a negligible amount to sacrifice.

Graahk crafting is amazingly fast. 3k Natures an hour. Much better than the 2k-2.2k at the Abyss. It involves no danger, with increased profits and experience!

I think this skill is vastly over looked. People take one look at rune priced and think it's not worth it.

Sorry, I strayed a bit off-topic, but I don't think they nerfed it. They simply added a new goal for lower levels. It's a fun minigame in my opinion, just not all to rewarding.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Am I the only one who thought Runecrafting is one of the most rewarding skills I have ever needed? Also, I believe most people who say "omg rc is so boring, and i can make faster cash at " are ignorant to the fact that while profits seem to have gone done, new updates have the made the skill faster than ever before. People often say Natures are the only way to craft. Again, it's blatantly obvious that double crafting comics is more money - and often over looked. Deaths, they are a highly stable rune market, and still offer nearly 300gp. Astrals, a lot of people just speed through the abyss after getting 82, ignoring the fact that they can double craft Astrals. Yeah they are the same price as double cosmics, but what they don't realize is that it's a lot faster.

Another thing, a lot of people hear that it's good money. They get 44, and start crafting Natures via abyss. They do an hour, and what? Only 100k profit? They don't spend what little time is needed to learn how to train this skill properly. They wear all sorts of heavy armour like rune or dragonhide; forget Boots of Lightness or Spotted capes, I have Dragon and Skill! I came across a level 92 RC'er doing this and it just annoyed me to no end (for what reason, I am unsure). Super energies are another, they see the hefty price tag of 1K, and instantly think that is insane but when you're getting more than 12k a run, it's a negligible amount to sacrifice.

Graahk crafting is amazingly fast. 3k Natures an hour. Much better than the 2k-2.2k at the Abyss. It involves no danger, with increased profits and experience!

I think this skill is vastly over looked. People take one look at rune priced and think it's not worth it.

Sorry, I strayed a bit off-topic, but I don't think they nerfed it. They simply added a new goal for lower levels. It's a fun minigame in my opinion, just not all to rewarding.

I m a non-member myself and i also find that people is training this skill all wrong!!! like Laura said Heavy armour and such is NO GOOD for runecrafting and the profit u make is alot compare to other skills like woodcutting and fishing.

most people just want to train to lvl 50 runecrafting and get into the guild play abit of the mini game, get the reward and leave :o but they have no idea what profit they could make !!!

From lvl 13 (that's when i started to train runecrafting to lvl 50) to the lvl i needed for rc guild i have made a total of over 300 k of profit just from making air runes and mining my own rune essence. Imagine the profit u will make if u actually put time and effort in!!!! :x

So runecrafting is a hard skill for non-members and it is more like a members skill, but if u actually put time and effort in ,you can actually make good profits and i personaly think runecrafting is one of the best way to make profit in f2p.

Any 1 have different suggestion to my message ???

huntintheenemy-1.png

Legendz - 100+ F2p combat !! Join today and get TWO free cookies @@@@@

crowngolduh9.gif - Proud Leader of LEGENDZ

warsword.gif - Proud Warlord of Clan Europe

I'm level 122 and have 58 RuneCrafting. The skill is quite boring, and a waste of time.

The only time I ever train RC is when I am f2p for a while. There are other ways to make money rather than this, and other ways to make much faster money. RC is not a good money maker until you have 150+ hours into it.

Also. I have never played the new mini-game. I'm not quite fond of Jagex, and their latest updates.

Stellactic.gif

My opinion on the skill would be exactly the same even if I could make 500k per hour starting from level one. It would still be the same if I was level 91 and could make 1m per hour (which is no longer possible). As I said, I can make money faster, and have fun doing it.

We all know that since the RC Guild came out, everyone has been going for 50 RC just to get in and play the minigame. But what they don't see is the actual use of RC. It's not meant to be leveled just for a minigame. It's meant to be used to make money. I bring this up because I am 92 Combat and have an RC level in the roughly top 65K highscores, and I often see 110+s with only 50 RC just to play the minigame. I've also seen high levels with an RC goal of 50. If all you're leveling up for is to play a minigame, you shouldn't even be training the skill in the firat place. I'm not sure where this goes, but feel free to discuss. My point is that JagEx nerfed RC as a skill and made it into a requirement for a minigame.

omg someone isnt leveling rc to 99 they arent doing it right, or for the right reasons. all i have to say is sthu and gtfo. who are you to say that leveling it to 50 isnt a good reason to do rc. im sure if you like running back and forth over and over again yea good skill for you. hey maybe you can get a real money maker like slayer

Dragon Drops: 5 medium helmet, 3 left shield half

Obby: Maul 1, Cape 1, Shield 1

i only got 50 RC for the mini game at cb lvl 113. \'

timmyx50sig1.png

Thx AquaMare for the amazing sig!

[hide=Clicky!]Points2Shop

it's ligit, ive used it. hey, its a great way to kill time. :)[/hide]

[hide=drops and stuff.]Bandos drops: 2X Shard 3, 5X Bandos Plate, X1 Bandos Tasset

PROUD owner of the fire cape since October 9th, 2008

6X Black Mask Drops[/hide]

My opinion on the skill would be exactly the same even if I could make 500k per hour starting from level one. It would still be the same if I was level 91 and could make 1m per hour (which is no longer possible). As I said, I can make money faster, and have fun doing it.

I believe laura's post was more directed at people saying the skill wasn't rewarding at all. Because it certainly is for people like me who aren't comfortable with risky/luck-dependent methods. If yours doesn't involve either, believe me, I'd love to hear it. That's assuming it isn't uber-top-secret :-w

We all know that since the RC Guild came out, everyone has been going for 50 RC just to get in and play the minigame. But what they don't see is the actual use of RC. It's not meant to be leveled just for a minigame. It's meant to be used to make money. I bring this up because I am 92 Combat and have an RC level in the roughly top 65K highscores, and I often see 110+s with only 50 RC just to play the minigame. I've also seen high levels with an RC goal of 50. If all you're leveling up for is to play a minigame, you shouldn't even be training the skill in the firat place. I'm not sure where this goes, but feel free to discuss. My point is that JagEx nerfed RC as a skill and made it into a requirement for a minigame.

Exactly, people should play the game right and not for fun! Fun is stupid!

yes.png

its not like people only get it up just to play the game, its a great money maker and a pretty interesting skill.

Yep, I agree exactly.

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

I personally dislike rcing to the core because of how boring it is and unrewarding it seems until higher levels, however i got it to 50 waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before this minigame came out and this game has given me an actual reason to train rc, double xp for crafting in game and up to 1k noted ess afterwards? I agree that you should not set a goal for one purpose, but theres nothing wrong with wanting to get into a minigame which wil inspire you to rc more.

also the alter tele tabs are nice for switching to and from lunar magic and getting to some of the more remote places.

Sirdanile.jpg

Thanks "MrShinyredplanet" for the sig!

Thanks "littleboy" for the avatar!

Blood +,Code Geass (both seasons),Death Note,Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann,.hack//(all), Neon Genesis Evangelion, Eureka 7, Bleach,Cowboy Bebop,DN Angel,Scrapped Princess,Kiba, Rental Magica,D-Grayman,Fate/Stay Night,Elfen Lied,Chrno Crusade,FLCL,Haruhi Suzumiya, and Gungrave. Anime i've watched, pm me to suggest other series

im 32 rc and never plan to raise it, so more money for you, is that a problem?

Nope that's fine. The point is rcers who rasied their rc to 91 or w/e for cash are loosing out and are getting really pissed of about it.

im 32 rc and never plan to raise it, so more money for you, is that a problem?

Nope that's fine. The point is rcers who rasied their rc to 91 or w/e for cash are loosing out and are getting really pissed of about it.

That just means they didn't rc for fun, purely for profit if they are getting so mad that they are getting 25% less return. Play the game for fun and you dont have to get mad over something as trivial as a rune going down in price a little bit.

Why not? I have 50 rc and im not proud of it, but i should just leave it at 1? Total lvls, all skills to 50+ are some reasons i think someone will have a goal of 50 rc. Rc is just a bit boring imho.

Staurolite.png

point of rc is to have fun and go fast to make as many runes you can and make money

also runecraft adds to total level too and the exp you get still adds to total exp so..........getting 50 is very good for total levels getting 70 is very good for totals gettiing 80 is very good for totals then it starts to slow down but you can use the money on buyable skills which are pwnage for total levels =p like pray, herb, craft, smith, farm, and construction

StarViv.png

because of every1 buying ess for 50, that leads to more of a rune on the market (in this case nats) and us RCers are out of a job because we can't make money, and we rc for a living.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~