2nd of September 2008: Distractions and Diversions

Were

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now the question is: Can you continue to mine more stars today, and subsequently dump the stardust, then gather up another 200 for new reward tomorrow, or is that it of starhunting for the day?

You can carry on mining after you have claimed your reward. I claimed my reward then managed to get 13 more stardust mining the very end of a star on another server.

Crap kiddy update =/

When is Jagex gonna release content that's age appropriate to a 13+ game?

Yeah.. Chasing communist penguins sound REALLY fun. :roll:

I'm sorry but your the coolest person on tip.it, we should answer the call of duty later cabbage will be so cash.

And then the rewards, I wanted a set of green Audience clothes and guess what I got? Yellow Audience shoes, some very slightly different yellow Audience shoes and a horrible Acrobat hood...

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

This sounds... poorly thought out. I mean, most people, when training don't actively move from area to area. If I'm fishing, I stay with the monkfish, not wandering from there to the fishing guild. The only movement I do is to the bank and back. Now, the shooting stars sound like their good money/exp for the time spent, while I hear the Circus clothes are pretty cool. BUT! The penguins? Not a good idea; you'll have to search the entirety of Runescape to find them all, unless Larry's hints are REALLY useful. Then you'll be rewarded with 65-130 k, depending on how hard they were to find and whether or not you've done Cold War. And I hear the circus rewards are TOTALLY random. And that the audience consistently demands the same thing/wants performances of really high skill levels. That does not sound fun. I give this update... two toes down.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

I think they should increase the ammount of dust you can get per day to like, 500 or so. It's fun to mine with all my friends and stuff.

The circus is lame, the costumes look bad *except the red hat*.

Haven't and won't bother with the penguin thing. :roll:

Not that bad of an update, just needs some improvment.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I give this update... two toes down.

That bad, huh?

I think this is just something that you're supposed to deal with if it happens nearby. Mining shooting stars sounds fun if we find a hueg one.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Works for me, just take out the dam random events already.

I'm sick of Molly, the maze, bob the damed cat, etc.

Its getting real old after 1000 times of them, these I can just ignore.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

I dont think the circus costumes are random, not from my experience. If you get 1,2k+ you get the ringmaster hat, athlest thats what i got and the only other one i have seen with it.

Lvl 109 main - retired

Currently playing:

Lvl 107 Rune pure with 99 range, 99 hp, 99 mage, 99 att, 99 str and 98 slayer

Lvl 200 Maxed with 114 dung.

Norge ruler!

When you decide to train a skill, you may have one area in mind: a favourite patch of trees, perhaps, or a specific altar to craft your runes. Well, this month's first update, Distractions and Diversions, will threaten to turn that way of thinking on its head.

After reading the above I thought that this would be an alternative to the grind fest that most skills are now, I am thoroughly disappointed. -.-

Also, has anyone tried that sheep in lumbridge with the penguin under it that has been in the game for years? just makes me wonder how long they have been planning this update.

j_birdd.png

I give this update... two toes down.

That bad, huh?

I think this is just something that you're supposed to deal with if it happens nearby. Mining shooting stars sounds fun if we find a hueg one.

Aye, but you'll need at least 90 mining for the largest stars. The reason I gave this update such a bad review is because it really won't affect the way I play Runescape. It'll be a cold day in the abyss when I actually get bored enough to hunt penguins.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

The better your telescope the more accurate reading, but i upgraded my oak to teak and teak to mahogany heres the data before and after

Oak Telescope

You see a shooting star! The star looks like it will land in Kandarin in the next 1 hour 53 minutes to 1 hour 77 minutes.

Teak Telescope

You see a shooting star! The star looks like it will land in Kandarin in the next 1 hour 53 minutes to 1 hour 62 minutes.

Mahogany Telescope

You see a shooting star! The star looks like it will land in Kandarin in the next 1 hour 53 minutes to 1 hour 55 minutes.
smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Crap kiddy update =/

When is Jagex gonna release content that's age appropriate to a 13+ game?

Yeah.. Chasing communist penguins sound REALLY fun. :roll:

I'm sorry but your the coolest person on tip.it, we should answer the call of duty later cabbage will be so cash.

Thirteen year old communists don't know 'bout my Runescape. SO cash.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Yeah the rewards aren't random - if you talk to the ringmaster he explains it.

If you do terribly you get peasent outfits, and then acrobatic, and then clown, and then ringmaster outfits.

Not random at all! And you don't have to listen to the crowd - if they want to see something twice screw them just do something impressive.

Then again I only was getting 500-800 points on them and just got 3 pieces of the acrobatic outfit lol

Anyway this update rocks - it's kinda like random events but not anti macro.

all the events, range magic and agility, have things to do at 10,20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90 and 99.

I love tha animations of alching things in the magic show, loved alching the armour.

I managed to get 3 parts of the acrobat set, i couldnt get any higher than 800 ish on all 3 events.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Yeah same here :(

The circus thing is actually pretty tough - I don't really get the scoring - i can't wait for a guide it will be pretty helpful

Anyway you guys complaining about the requests - screw them!! The first one i did - magic - i was getting either 90+ or lvl 10 requests and that's it...so i followed the requests (repeating and failing)..did some dancing and got around 500 points.

When i did the agil one i completely ignored all the requests and did the best I could and got over 800 points.

So the next time i do it I would use this strategy:

- If they give you a reasonable suggestion that you haven't done before - do it.

-If they give you a suggestion that you've

-done already

-is too easy easy (<40)

-or way too high for your level

Screw it - and just do something that you're capable of.

Anyway for the penguins - i think you guys are missing the point - i don't think they want us to necessarly look for the penguins, but more like if we randomly stumble across one....some free money! I mean today by just travelling to a slayer task I by fluke found two of them!

EDIT: WOW everybody check out the game guide on the circus! It has a lot of info!

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarti ... op_bonanza

1-500 points is audience and peasent costumes

500-1000 is acrobat costumes

1000-1200 is clown

1201+ is ringmaster!

:thumbup: :thumbup: for the metors. good update to mining and i think mining needed an update cuz there was no mining mini-game or anything untill now, it's great to do with a group of friends too :D

(the mining extra ores reward is WONDERFULL!, at least at 85+ mining...)

i agree with smavey on the penguins but, i can see why people would just go looking for them...

besides that, acrobat cloths are uuugly :-#

2imak3l.png

One question, what happens if you have for example the full acrobat, and you get 600ish points, do you get acrobat costume again? Or maybe you can save up the points?

Btw, i want the big hand! it looks kool ::'

signaturews1.png

Proud owner of a Questcape