Thoughts on the log economy

Infi

I think personally that it's going to take a sharp increase because as the PK update looms ever so closer, the motivation for awesome armour like Barrows will be high in demand. It's a simple concept

How do you get barrow armour? By barrowing

How do you start barrowing? You get to Canifis

How do you get to Canifis? Through your POH

Oh no, I don't have the construction level for that = buy more logs for fast training please.

Other possible factors:

-People want Barrow gloves, which needs an immense amount of QP (175 omg)

So, people will burn more logs to get that necessary requirements for quests.

-Beavers have gone rampant and have totally devastated the log economy

-Logs are like fun to collect and stuff, they have so much uses.

-Recently there have been a 0.0001% increase in people making funny shapes and stuff by creating "drop" art, and logs are popular in that department.

What are your thoughts on the log economy, would it be the best time right now to invest in them?

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

How could the Log Economy be affected by the new Player verse Player updates :| They are not linked at all (Apart from Fletching, but there is already plenty of bows in the market).

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

In my best 1 am brain thinking stuff, this is a joke meant to parody all the threads that pop up for every little possible thing that could rise in price on the G.E.

Though honestly, if the author hates them enough to parody them, why take up board space with a completely useless thread. Though I did get a bit of a laugh over that totally awesome irrefutable evidence.

Flyingjj.png

In my best 1 am brain thinking stuff, this is a joke meant to parody all the threads that pop up for every little possible thing that could rise in price on the G.E.

Though honestly, if the author hates them enough to parody them, why take up board space with a completely useless thread. Though I did get a bit of a laugh over that totally awesome irrefutable evidence.

Yeah, I just decided the same thing.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Probably, yeh. The alternative is a thread so utterly stupid that it defies belief. Much like a number of other threads on these forums, unfortunately.

Hail to The Great Big Penguin in the sky. And Guthix, of course.

Harbringerjm.gif

You forgot supply and demand. With the beaver, demand went down. So they cancel out. With PvP the supply will go up because you kill people and they drop the items. People value logs very high, so they pick up logs. Its a perfect system. When they don't value too high, they pick up other stuff. Log prices therefore will stay the same.

idiot911.png

Proud member of 'the' clan for 5 years.

Join 'the' clan today

What? :S You can fairy ring to Canifis

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Logs and PvP....Doesn't Add up :shame:

Yew longs equal yew longs which equal alching materials which equals magic which equal mage pkers.

But I'm not sure what this thread actually means.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Really? I wasn't aware that the only way to get to Canifis was through my POH.

In fact, I must be really magical or something because I've found some really ancient and forgotten ways of traveling there, which incude an ectophial, ancient magicks teleport, slayer ring and even the most amazing of all...walking from Varrock!!!

/Sarcastic response.

You have no base of a discussion here. Logs do not equal barrows, though pvp equals barrows. So, yes, barrows will rise, but not because of the logs. And the logs will not rise because of the barrows. The logs will probably stay the same and/or drop in price.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Logs and PvP....Doesn't Add up :shame:
Setting PKers on fire? \' You could argue that people want to buy bars to get 65 smithing to get their quest points up for barrows gloves too, if you're joking it's not really funny. :wall: If it supposed to be a parody like someone said it's a waste of space.
imagangster.png

I cant tell if your joking or not. :wall:

I hope so or ...well dont ever try merchanting,

OT(On topic or is it off topic i cant really tell :? ): ye alot of G.E change threads pop up and i guess their annoying but letting people state thier find of the century and then allowing the thread to die is a good way to go, if it really annoys you,

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

I'm pretty sure this is a parody, but it could have been done better. :boohoo:

Ah well, at least there's a lesson to be learned: Stop making GE speculation threads, everyone's getting sick of them now.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

By this logic, the demand for seeds should go up. It's really quite a simple process.

PVP Updates will come out > Demand for rune weapons in f2p will go up >(P2p'ers will take advantage of this demand by selling rune weapons to the f2p'ers)> Demand for runite ore and coal will go up > Demand for pickaxes to mine the ores will go up > More people will want to finish Perils of Ice Mountain in order to make pickaxes > More people will need level 10 Farming > More people will need seeds.

:|

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

SLAYERGEEK