11 November 2008 - Stealing Creation

Bouwzie

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

love the mini game its so fun, but the tools are kinda broken.

got the tool that u choose which it goes too, with the pick, its slow as a bronze pick, for mith it gives 87 instead of 80, for coal it only give the normal exp.

The needle doesnt work at all :(
Reportedly the neelde only works when you use a different needle and have the new needle in your inventory :|

That was one of the first things I tried after seeing the needle wouldnt work, doing so gave me normal exp for blue hide (70), this is with the choose tool type version, volatile may be different.

there are no stupid questions

just way too many inquisitive idiots

balance is scary to people who like things easy for them

Utopianflame.png

The needle doesnt work at all :(
Reportedly the neelde only works when you use a different needle and have the new needle in your inventory :|

Not true. It just doesn't work at all. I tried holding a different needle and no sucess.

PS: The tools don't stack in any form. Meaning people cant just save up 1000 hammers and shatter the current exp records. Though, I'm sure it wont deter some people, especially seeing as you dont need any items to play the game, so you can just clear your whole bank for 500 tools. Oh, and you can only buy a ONE tool after playing a game. Not sure if you have to win because I havent lost since I started buying tools. You can play a couple times in a row and then buy a couple tools, but if you log out it won't let you buy any tools. So don't start saving up 20 million points to supply your tool needs for a life time, cause youve gotta buy them after the game. These two factors combined, I think compensate for some of the ridiculous exp rates.

(But...this also means theres no real point in getting over 20k points per game if all you want is tools...)

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Fun game, but it feels... hollow. The reason, I think, is that the rewards, quite frankly, are abysmal. And not like the whip. The armors are the equivalent of the F2P tops and Mystics. The tools appear to be glitchy and the pick axe appears to mine at the rate of the lowest level. Even if the hatchet cuts at the rate of a rune axe, we already have dragon, though it is an expensive alternative.

Aside from this, without getting any experience for gathering and crafting, it truly feels like I'm wasting my time. And because of this, I find it hard to fathom why Jagex would give combat experience. Heck, they called this a game for skillers AND killers, but in many games it's the fighters who truly dominate.

The third problem is that Jagex seems a little out of touch with their player base. They seem to forget that the majority of players with high combat levels also have high skill totals. So, instead of the symbiotic relationship they imagined, we have self sufficient fighters capable of doing everything and skillers who make easy targets while their services prove unnecessary.

I predict that Jagex is going to tweak this game in the next couple of weeks with bug fixes, better rewards, some experience for skilling, and more regularity of resources, i.e. there is always going to be at least one of every resource on the map.

P.S. What happened to shields? They'd bring benefit to mages and melee'ers. Plus, they could add crossbows along with it, allowing a bit more flexibility for rangers.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Probably best to leave this minigame be for a couple of days, actually. There'll usually be two or three people in the lobby doing emotes, and thus preventing the game from starting properly.

1 minute until game starts... 2 minutes until game starts... 1 minute until game starts... "All members of the other team have quit, so this game's length will be one minute."

Fun game, but it feels... hollow. The reason, I think, is that the rewards, quite frankly, are abysmal. And not like the whip. The armors are the equivalent of the F2P tops and Mystics. The tools appear to be glitchy and the pick axe appears to mine at the rate of the lowest level. Even if the hatchet cuts at the rate of a rune axe, we already have dragon, though it is an expensive alternative.

Aside from this, without getting any experience for gathering and crafting, it truly feels like I'm wasting my time. And because of this, I find it hard to fathom why Jagex would give combat experience. Heck, they called this a game for skillers AND killers, but in many games it's the fighters who truly dominate.

The third problem is that Jagex seems a little out of touch with their player base. They seem to forget that the majority of players with high combat levels also have high skill totals. So, instead of the symbiotic relationship they imagined, we have self sufficient fighters capable of doing everything and skillers who make easy targets while their services prove unnecessary.

I predict that Jagex is going to tweak this game in the next couple of weeks with bug fixes, better rewards, some experience for skilling, and more regularity of resources, i.e. there is always going to be at least one of every resource on the map.

P.S. What happened to shields? They'd bring benefit to mages and melee'ers. Plus, they could add crossbows along with it, allowing a bit more flexibility for rangers.

For most players, yeah the reward stink. However they look pretty awesome and its not hard to get them.

The fighters do control a lot of this game, but the good skillers may find a way around it. I personally set up barriers (need 2 more lvls till lvl 3 barrier). Actually, one just really needs to have like 3 40+ same type skills to get around enough, and higher levels do even better. I, personally, tend to just go around and get all the clay I can. I build barriers, then get higher level clay and make stuff and barriers. Then when the opoosing team attacks, I bind them and use spells. If there is enough commotion, I pickpocket runes and such :twisted: My skills are not particularly high, but with a plan, this can get point. The ones who dominate the game are the ones who get their points

just incase, get a good 100k points and wait it out.

Snowball997.png

Ok... Im not that good. But I have an anchor!!!

[hide=]

[/hide]

For most players, yeah the reward stink. However they look pretty awesome and its not hard to get them.

The fighters do control a lot of this game, but the good skillers may find a way around it. I personally set up barriers (need 2 more lvls till lvl 3 barrier). Actually, one just really needs to have like 3 40+ same type skills to get around enough, and higher levels do even better. I, personally, tend to just go around and get all the clay I can. I build barriers, then get higher level clay and make stuff and barriers. Then when the opoosing team attacks, I bind them and use spells. If there is enough commotion, I pickpocket runes and such :twisted: My skills are not particularly high, but with a plan, this can get point. The ones who dominate the game are the ones who get their points

just incase, get a good 100k points and wait it out.

100k points isn't that hard to get, I racked up 275k in three games. Just FYI since I don't think you've played it yet. Oh, and I hope JaGeX doesn't make it so you can only have one of the proto tools, THAT would tick me off since I have about 8 right now.

I'm gonna try this out thursday night. THe game seems fun, and the MITH BAR EXP....that looks really imba..... but yeah a question: how hard is it to get the tools? and how long do they last for? (how many mith bars can you make with one tool)?

Morphic tool testing results

Note: morphic tool is the one which you can choose what it turns into, the volatile tool may give different results. So far I've just tested it on smithing(steel to addy), fletching(maple to magic) and fishing(sharks only) because the other forms of the tool are reportedly bugged.

Smithing (hammer)

I tried to smith 20 bars of each type of steel, mithril and adamantite into bolts. My smithing level is 81 at the time of testing in case that matters. The hammer lasts 100 uses. And the results are as follows:

Mith: 80.5xp/bar, +30.5xp/bar compared to 50xp/bar, % increase: 61%

Steel: 68xp/bar, +30.5 compared to 37.5/bar, % increase: 81%

Addy: 93xp/bar, +30.5 compared to 62.5xp/bar, % increase: 49%

I didnt have enough bronze and iron bars to test, and I don't have the level to test it on runite, but apparently the hammer grants a fixed +30.5xp/bar regardless of the type of metal.

Fletching (knife)

I tried to cut 20 logs of maple, yew and magic into longbow(u). Fletching level is 90 in case this is relevant. The knife lasts 100 uses. And the results are as follows:

Maple: 86.5xp/log, +28.2xp/log compared to 58.3xp/log, % increase: 48%

Yew: 111.5xp/log, +36.5xp/log compared to 75xp/log, % increase: 49%

Magic: 136.1xp/log, +44.6xp/log compared to 91.5xp/log, % increase: 49%

The sacred clay knife seems to grant a bonus of +48-49% to the xp you gain.

Fishing (harpoon)

Ive only tested this on sharks, and you can wield the harpoon like the barbed one. I caught 100 sharks before the harpoon turns back into the basic form. Fishing level is 87 at the time of testing. Heres the result:

Shark: 121.8ea, +11.8xp ea compared to 110xp ea, % increase: 11%

No conclusion can be drawn before I can test it on swordies and tunas.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, does anyone know the weight of the sacred clay armors? And how does the class of clay affect the runes you craft in the game?

IF anybody wondering armor alches for nothing at least the platelegs didn't,

also I'm not gaining any xp cutting wood on my 2nd vol piece,

yet my first piece that i made into knife was volitle then sacred I got the extra xp,

I even changed my 1st piece to ax yet no xp.