26th November 2008 - While Guthix Sleeps

Johannas

wooot! cant wiat to get the skills

You can use boosts such as beers to increase your stats to start this quest. (from guide)

does this just mean to start it or does it mean u cna complete it with boosts??

Big Dave

312d4zt.gif

*Shows of his Questcape!!*

Big_Dave.png

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can use boosts such as beers to increase your stats to start this quest. (from guide)

Honestly I have no idea but now instead of level 65 herblore and farming, I can go for 60 and use evil stews (I just tested it out, raised both my farm and herb by 6). I'm going to get heat for not doing the quest "honourably" but I'm happy as heck.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

Honestly I have no idea but now instead of level 65 herblore and farming, I can go for 60 and use evil stews (I just tested it out, raised both my farm and herb by 6). I'm going to get heat for not doing the quest "honourably" but I'm happy as heck.

Are you saying you actually had the +6 boosts in both farming and herblore at the same time?

If so, you are phenomenally lucky; I usually use like 20 stews just to get a +4 boost in one stat.

Are you saying you actually had the +6 boosts in both farming and herblore at the same time?

If so, you are phenomenally lucky; I usually use like 20 stews just to get a +4 boost in one stat.

Yea it was my third try. First try I put the brown spice three times and drank the stew but it lowered my farming and herblore. 2nd time it raised them by 1 and 2, third they were up by 6.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

I would of done this but I require 65 Defence to "complete" the quest :(

I could of had quest-cape at 50 Defence if I didn't need 65 :(

then quit your [bleep]ing and get 65 defence, hell get 70! or better yet, 99! you think your "cool" keeping your decence low but your not. your an idiot. theres so may more things you can do once you have a good defence that your an IDIOT to keep it so low. i thought everyone had worked that out by now, but obviously not

---

away from attacking 3hits lag of intellect, id do the quest myself but i dont have all the other reqs. mainly quests that arent done, and honestly this quest isnt big enough of a deal for me to bother doing them just for the sake of a d pl8 piece when, in the time i get the reqs and do the quest, i could easily make 30m+ at gwd

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

silly question ... maybe

but what does one do after going through the door for mithril dragons

there is an orb and 3 dragon heads

[hide=SPOILER, Sort of]Cast Fire blast on the three heads. That charges the forge. If you wish to see the forge, go to the floor below with green brutal dragons, run to the extreme southwest, go up the stairs there, and run south down a hallway. The Forge is unlocked before you... and breathtaking![/hide]

stormveritas.png

then quit your [bleep] and get 65 defence, hell get 70! or better yet, 99! you think your "cool" keeping your decence low but your not. your an idiot. theres so may more things you can do once you have a good defence that your an IDIOT to keep it so low. i thought everyone had worked that out by now, but obviously not

Why would I want 2 accounts with high defence, it seems pointless?

For anyone having trouble with the final fight:

Wear standard melee gear, but use an unholy book for shield. Emerald Bolts on you. 300 will be fine.

Bring super set, 2 super restores and a prayer pot.

Bring Karils and a rune crossbow

Sapphire Lantern

One click teleport just in case.

A magic attacking familiar (Fire titan is great)

Fill rest with sharks/food of choice.

Take your pots before entering.

Pray range off the bat, and summon asap. Watch you stats, when they drop take super restore dose and others if need be.

As soon as you stop hitting him, swap in the Karil and Crossbow.

As soon as he hits you, change prayer to what he is attacking you with and eat. Watch your prayer level doesn't drop. Super restores should keep it up nicley.

Rinse and repeat until dead.

The joy is you are always going to be hitting him with at least 1 side of the triangle, usually 2.

I used 2 sharks and could have sufficed on just 1, I was just being safe. Took me about 45 seconds.

The last 2 are easy as you have the stone's power. Just change between range/melee when they become wise to your attacks.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

Though the new PVP update was not what I hoped for I was estatic for it coming back and happy for what it is.

So to see this section of the population now happy, I am glad to see the keen skillers/questers got at least close to what they wanted, an a good reward for having done every single quest up to date. =D>

Grats to all/

~ K O N K A R ~ Konkar Jr ~ X Konkar X
99 Strength - 18/12/08 - 99 Attack - 5/2/09
99 Hp - 20/7/09 - 99 Defence 26/7/09
K_O_N_K_A_R.png

R.I.P.
K R I S K
Krisk Jr
RSC, Lives on in all of us

For anyone having trouble with the final fight:

Wear standard melee gear, but use an unholy book for shield. Emerald Bolts on you. 300 will be fine.

Bring super set, 2 super restores and a prayer pot.

Bring Karils and a rune crossbow

Sapphire Lantern

One click teleport just in case.

A magic attacking familiar (Fire titan is great)

Fill rest with sharks/food of choice.

Take your pots before entering.

Pray range off the bat, and summon asap. Watch you stats, when they drop take super restore dose and others if need be.

As soon as you stop hitting him, swap in the Karil and Crossbow.

As soon as he hits you, change prayer to what he is attacking you with and eat. Watch your prayer level doesn't drop. Super restores should keep it up nicley.

Rinse and repeat until dead.

The joy is you are always going to be hitting him with at least 1 side of the triangle, usually 2.

I used 2 sharks and could have sufficed on just 1, I was just being safe. Took me about 45 seconds.

The last 2 are easy as you have the stone's power. Just change between range/melee when they become wise to your attacks.

Thanks! Im about 2 minutes from getting up to him, this helps.

08fbca3311.png

Electrone0.png

Winged Fish on a RWT complaint-

There's four complaints on the whole site, one from a mother who was convinced by her son that the RWTers she was buying him items from were from Jagex (and then got scammed and is taking it out on Jagex), two people complaining about having their accounts taken away, and one ranting on the trade restrictions and wilderness removal.

Now just change the background color and page layout, and you have the RSoF

I have just read feedback from the RSOF and it appear he only changes his prayer/attack after talking to you.

Whether this is true or not I wouldn't like to say RSOF isn't always to be trusted.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

I watched a video of the final fight. It looks intense.

[hide=Slight spoiler]Especially when your stats are boosted to like 255 if you have 99 in that skill. I saw the person hitting 138 with rune c'bow.[/hide]

j0xPu5R.png

Lots of obstacles in the Balance Elemental fight room inside the Temple of Guthix. Can be used to lessen the damage you take when it switches to melee and can't hit you for a few moments before it realizes and switches back to a magic or ranged style. I believe Jagex patched in a hot fix that gave the Elemental the new "hurl boulder" attack which seems to hit infrequently (mostly 0s) but apparently through all protection prayers, and I believe it is this attack which inflicts reduced combat stats condition. I tried both poison and dragonfire agaisnt it, and neither hit (emerald bolt special activated, but no green splats ever occurred; same goes for the Tormented Demons), so I assume it is immune to both. I had to fight the Elemental 1.95 times, since Jagex was kind enough to upload a system update for the thanksgiving mini-event with no warning this morning (11/27/2008) when my first Elemental was about to die (System update in 0:00 for the loss). Really made me wish I'd stuck with it the night before and just finished it. I used the same gear and inventory setup both times, with the exception of the spirit jelly I summoned the first time (to epic failure) being replaced by the abyssal parasite, which performed admirably for its level, hitting for detectable damage almost half the time. The second kill was almost twice as fast, with the parasite hitting admirably often, while the jelly never landed anything above a 0. I used no scrolls. Both times I started with a dragonfire shield special attack, which yielded a 0. A matching 0 against the first Tortured Demon. I didn't even bother to bring emerald bolts for the second kill, after seeing no poison damage during the first kill. Here is my equipment:

Helm of Neitiznot

Glory Amulet

Ava's Accumulator

100 Diamond bolts (e)

Proselyte Chest

Proselyte Legs

Dragonfire Shield (18/50)

Gloves (Recipe for Disaster, highest level)

Splitbark Boots

Ring of Recoil

Inventory:

Rune Crossbow \___one of these two equipped - I used crossbow when I thought poison/dragonfire might work; now I recommend halberd to use special bar immediately

Dragon Halberd/

3 spaces - Runes for all Blood spells (single target: Blood, Death, Chaos)

Water/Mud Staff is optional if you want to save runes and try some Ice spells; alternatively, water runes

1 space for your best familiar's pouch (hopefully an aggressive, high combat-leveled beast of burden)

Unholy Book is optional if you'd rather have a prayer/attack bonus than the shield's defense bonuses

Split the rest of your inventory/BoB's inventory between Super Restore and Saradomin Brew potions

Prayers:

Rapid Heal - all times

Rapid Restore - all times

Protect Items - all times

Steel Skin - when not attacking with melee style

Piety - when using halberd/halberd special attacks

Eagle Eye - when attacking with ranged style

Mystic Might - when squeezing off a quick spell

Protect Prayers - at your discretion (from Summoning has no effect on anything in this or the ensuing battle with Tormented Demons, though they are clearly summoned)

I start out the fight with two dragon halberd specials, then switch to rune crossbow to fire my already equipped diamond (e) bolts. I occasionally mix in a manual cast of the highest level single target blood spell I can cast at my current magic level, usually after one of my sips of super restore, if I'm also missing a bit of health bar. Switch prayers according to whatever weapon the Elemental whips out. Giant bow obviously attacks with ranged, giant club is obviously melee, no visible weapon indicates a spell is about to be cast, and at any time, if the Elemental can't reach you, it may randomly mix in a non-classed "boulder throw" attack, which has a chance to hit regardless of your protection status (though it did still hit many 0s and otherwise low damage against me), and lowers your combat stats greatly, regardless of how much damage it does. Don't be surprised to be casting a very low level spell when you need to switch to magic for healing or whatever other purposes. Remember to use your last (or last 2, if another special has generated before re-wielding) halberd special next time you switch back to melee. My Abyssal Parasite did a surprisingly good job of damaging the Elemental, so I'm sure actual familiars are quite successful here. Diamond (e) bolt specials activated with surprising frequency, but often with hilariously low damage output when activated. I didn't use a beast of burden, and still had 4 of each potion left (4) when I finished. The ensuing battle with boosted stats against the Tormented Demons doesn't require any potions.

These strategies worked for me, but obviously your plan needn't be this complex if you have maxed combat stats or are willing to risk more expensive items. For reference, my extremely odd stats:

Attack - 65

Strength - 73

Defense - 75

Hitpoints - 98/82

Ranged - 78

Prayer - 101/92

Magic - 91

Agility - 74

Summoning - 56

Combat - 102

All this said, I hope this telling of my experiences during this quest battle will be of some use to lower leveled players who may be less combat-oriented than others in their questing approach. If not, then too bad, since I already posted it!

Finally, my new Quest Point Cape outfit:

QPCapeOutfit.jpg

EVERYONE IS WAY OVER HYPING THE BOSS!!!

He is VERY easy to kill. Don't let the 450cb scare you. If you take sharks, you will be lucky if you maybe eat 7 or 8 of them.

I did it with a whip, torag plate and legs, and 1 prayer pot, 1 str, att, def pot. My def lvl is only 83 and I survived very easily and did not even come close to dying.

As for the 2 tormented demons, those are even easier to kill. Touch the stone before you fight them, and all your stats will go to 250.

You'll hit 98's on them and only take about 5 seconds to kill them. They don't do any damage to you either.

In my opinion, these bosses are WAY to easy and need to be nerfed ASAP, or the dragon plate will be worth the same as a rune plate.

Or maybe JAGEX is purposely making them easy? Either way, this quest was easy. DREAM MENTOR was WAY harder then this one. I was kinda disappointed.

erm yeah bosses are very very easy.

I'm a total combat nub and I beat em.

The Black Knight Elites

Use sharks, smite til prayer goes and veracs is great - I ate about 3 times killing the 3 of em

The Finale:

Go range/melee hybrid with either diamond e or ruby e bolts ideally. Take a couple of super restore pots, a pray pot and a few sharks

When balance elemental spawns run over to the east, he gets stuck on a pair of rubble piles and then jams onto range (the bow attack) or mage (the rock attack). Stick on relivant prayer and range away, take a swig of restore pot when your prayer or range gets too low (annoying stat drainer)

He dies, go through the chat tormented demons come.

Throw on melee protect and you basically won't get hit.

Then focus on 1 at a time, flipping between range and melee as they swap prayers. I found I got 2 - 3 hits in with whip b4 they went mlee protect and then 2 or 3 xbow shots b4 they went range protect.

I got thru on 2 doses of restore pot and about 4 sharks (though i was using ruby e bolts so i had to eat on occasion after the bolt spec)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

erm yeah bosses are very very easy.

I'm a total combat nub and I beat em.

The Black Knight Elites

Use sharks, smite til prayer goes and veracs is great - I ate about 3 times killing the 3 of em

The Finale:

Go range/melee hybrid with either diamond e or ruby e bolts ideally. Take a couple of super restore pots, a pray pot and a few sharks

When balance elemental spawns run over to the east, he gets stuck on a pair of rubble piles and then jams onto range (the bow attack) or mage (the rock attack). Stick on relivant prayer and range away, take a swig of restore pot when your prayer or range gets too low (annoying stat drainer)

He dies, go through the chat tormented demons come.

Throw on melee protect and you basically won't get hit.

Then focus on 1 at a time, flipping between range and melee as they swap prayers. I found I got 2 - 3 hits in with whip b4 they went mlee protect and then 2 or 3 xbow shots b4 they went range protect.

I got thru on 2 doses of restore pot and about 4 sharks (though i was using ruby e bolts so i had to eat on occasion after the bolt spec)

HOw did you get to do the quest with on 251 qp? Your sig says that.

my sig also says it was amde on the 16/1/2008

aka nearly a year old

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Some people have said that you can't use boosts so can anyone confirm either trying to start with boosts and failing or doing the quests with boosts ?

britonlongbo.png

Again, you can use boosts, I did and it says so in the Tip.it quest guide.

Also, has anyone taken a ring of visibility to hazelmere's place? just curious.

08fbca3311.png

Electrone0.png

Winged Fish on a RWT complaint-

There's four complaints on the whole site, one from a mother who was convinced by her son that the RWTers she was buying him items from were from Jagex (and then got scammed and is taking it out on Jagex), two people complaining about having their accounts taken away, and one ranting on the trade restrictions and wilderness removal.

Now just change the background color and page layout, and you have the RSoF