Dragon Claws

Ajdinp

Jagex will probably nerf 'em soon.

If anyone wants to I can be you're test subject.

Half off-topic: Anyone lending them out? No-one lends on RSOF...

i always lend mine out for free, but it's usually for 10 mins.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jagex will probably nerf 'em soon.

If anyone wants to I can be you're test subject.

Half off-topic: Anyone lending them out? No-one lends on RSOF...

i always lend mine out for free, but it's usually for 10 mins.

Mind if I do?

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Btw not advertising zybez but in this section it shows a clear attack with description.

http://www.zybez.net/misc.php?id=47

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Btw not advertising zybez but in this section it shows a clear attack with description.

http://www.zybez.net/misc.php?id=47

all there special attacks have nice animated gifs :(

why cant we have that at tipit im sure people would be willing to make them

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

They're totally random hits, just like the DD, there is no theory, I just had some and busted a 32-0-22-28, so clearly proves it's stupidly over-powered lol, I'm waiting for the nurf.

why don't people use this method, it seems both efficent and makes sense:

1 dragon claw spec- 50% gone

2 ddp(++) spec- another 50% gone

this way you could get that awesome spec surely once.

signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you if

^^^^read backwards^^^^

anish00b.png

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=757562&p=6009903

^^^^The Best Melee Training Spot In The Game^^^^

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=786213

^^^^The new Bandits^^^^

even i have the misfile craze!!!

No, that would take extra time to switch, you would be risking more items, and, really, the dragon claw spec has a lot better chance of hitting than a dds spec.

They're totally random hits, just like the DD, there is no theory, I just had some and busted a 32-0-22-28, so clearly proves it's stupidly over-powered lol, I'm waiting for the nurf.

Once you miss a hit, the 100%-50%-24%-26% theory goes out the window. and anyway, there are thousands of hits on vid that support the theory, and I don't see any for yours?

wartortlelove.jpg

No, that would take extra time to switch, you would be risking more items, and, really, the dragon claw spec has a lot better chance of hitting than a dds spec.

Once you miss a hit, the 100%-50%-24%-26% theory goes out the window. and anyway, there are thousands of hits on vid that support the theory, and I don't see any for yours?

When I used my claws I got the same result. They weren't random at all as I said numerous times before.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I swear, everyone has managed to get their hands on a pair of claws except me. :wall:

On the zybez link, did anyone notice the second spec had one hit being half the other hit? does this hold true for when the target has only that much hp?

*screams at random player in ge: "I've been wading through world 2 spam! for 10 days! looking for these stupid things! THEY'RE MY CLAWS!!!!!"*

When I used my claws I got the same result. They weren't random at all as I said numerous times before.

Except I, and many others, have seen many specials that didn't follow your result. The 9-9-6-5 as I posted above was the only one caught on film, although I also did see my brother hit a 12-11-6-5 in castle wars without killing the target.

EDIT: spec_dragonclaws.gif

As shown by that picture, if the first two hits of the special kill the target, the second two hits never appear.

So for the 9-9-6-5 hit:

Either the 6-5 hit first, and one of the 9s was greater and cut down. 6 - 5 - 9 - somethingbiggerthannine breaks the theory.

The 9-9 hit first, that means the 6-5 hit was natural, OR one of them was even greater. A 9-9-6-5 or with a bigger value in place of 6 or 5 still breaks the theory.

Is that sufficient proof that not all hits are 100-50-25-25? :wall:

Not to mention, as shown in the video, multiple specials hit something like 35-34-0-1 or the like.

In any case do the videos not just prove how overpowered these things are? All but 1 or 2 duels in a 2 minute vid 2 specced for the win. At least with a dds you could eat trhough someone running in and unleashing 4 specs. No way can you out eat 2 claw specs. People will be non stop 1 iteming with these throughout BH and PvP. No way will I re-enter P2P BH/PvP wielding my dark bow, dragon arrows and dds.

Is that sufficient proof that not all hits are 100-50-25-25? :wall:

We all know that Can't happen. The max is, as far as I've seen (odly enough) 48.

Meaning the max possible could be 48 - 24 - 12 - 12 or something like that according to how I've seen the hits before.

As I said, I've never seen something crazy like all 35+ hits. It can't happen.

Some people are posting that this will be/should be nerfed. The price needs to be nerfed more so than the actual item.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

In any case do the videos not just prove how overpowered these things are? All but 1 or 2 duels in a 2 minute vid 2 specced for the win. At least with a dds you could eat trhough someone running in and unleashing 4 specs. No way can you out eat 2 claw specs. People will be non stop 1 iteming with these throughout BH and PvP. No way will I re-enter P2P BH/PvP wielding my dark bow, dragon arrows and dds.

Some quick calculations:

The max hit seen so far is a 48. So far, no attack has exceeded double of the estimated max hit. The strongest hit therefore would like total 96.

Divine Spirit Shield slashes 30%. That means your max hit with a perfect special is only 67. 115 HP + 38 HP from Tuna Potato and Brew simultaneously yields 153. Two perfect specials will result in a total of 134 damage, which you'll easily survive. Even if you weren't brewed up before and had 99/99, you would still survive by 3 HP, and be able to instantly heal 38 again.

Runescape has reached a point where, in perfect gear, and a non multi pvp area, it is nearly impossible to die if you put all your efforts to avoiding death. Even two perfect dragon claws, with great equipment, won't land a kill.

We all know that Can't happen. The max is, as far as I've seen (odly enough) 48.

Meaning the max possible could be 48 - 24 - 12 - 12 or something like that according to how I've seen the hits before.

As I said, I've never seen something crazy like all 35+ hits. It can't happen.

PERCENTAGE DOOD.

I mean not every hit is going to be approximately 100% - 50% - 25% - 25%.

wonderful jagex always ready to ruin something.

I heard that the spec drain will be increased to 60%. It comes from an highly unreliable source however.

I think that's just a rumor. It couldn't possibly be true... Could it, COULD IT?!

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

I heard that the spec drain will be increased to 60%. It comes from an highly unreliable source however.

I think that's just a rumor. It couldn't possibly be true... Could it, COULD IT?!

It's certainly possible. Jagex nerfs things like that all the time.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

It's certainly possible. Jagex nerfs things like that all the time.

it shouldn't be nerfed. it's enough that they'd decided to limit the claws potential to 100-50-25-25% per special. it's a highly respected item because it's a rare drop from lvl 450 demons unlike other dragon weapons where you buy one off an NPC store. nerfing the claws would just lower its reputation and drop to where the other drag weapons are. since they're dragon claws (which is part of an anatomy of a real dragon) it should hold a special place among the other stronger weapons.

it shouldn't be nerfed. it's enough that they'd decided to limit the claws potential to 100-50-25-25% per special. it's a highly respected item because it's a rare drop from lvl 450 demons according to some quest capes. nerfing the claws would just lower its reputation and drop to where the other drag weapons are. since they're dragon claws (which is part of an anatomy of a real dragon) it should hold a special place among the other stronger weapons.

I agree that it shouldn't be nerfed. I am just saying that people complain, and jagex listens.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

it shouldn't be nerfed. it's enough that they'd decided to limit the claws potential to 100-50-25-25% per special. it's a highly respected item because it's a rare drop from lvl 450 demons according to some quest capes. nerfing the claws would just lower its reputation and drop to where the other drag weapons are. since they're dragon claws (which is part of an anatomy of a real dragon) it should hold a special place among the other stronger weapons.

... For the last freaking time. We don't know if the special is limited to 100% - 50% - 25% - 25%. I agree, most hits do look like they're calculated off the first blow to land. But there are pictures and video clips out there that violate this rule, and if you ever had a chance to test this weapon for more than a couple hours, you'd know as well.

We still do not know how damage is calculated for these.

Some quick calculations:

The max hit seen so far is a 48. So far, no attack has exceeded double of the estimated max hit. The strongest hit therefore would like total 96.

Divine Spirit Shield slashes 30%. That means your max hit with a perfect special is only 67. 115 HP + 38 HP from Tuna Potato and Brew simultaneously yields 153. Two perfect specials will result in a total of 134 damage, which you'll easily survive. Even if you weren't brewed up before and had 99/99, you would still survive by 3 HP, and be able to instantly heal 38 again.

Runescape has reached a point where, in perfect gear, and a non multi pvp area, it is nearly impossible to die if you put all your efforts to avoiding death. Even two perfect dragon claws, with great equipment, won't land a kill.

You assume that PvP'ers pk in 'perfect' gear - alas a 100M shiled to block a claw attack. I am yet to see a 100M shield in PvP.

The claws require 60 attack only, and at lower combat levels the divine shield is out of reach, as would 99 hitpoints.

A pure with 60 attack, 99 strength, 1 def, 52 prayer will gobble up victims using these claws . Thats right, he will be 81 combat hitting mighty 70+'s each hit. Thats enough to spec out most opponants in the same combat range with 2 swipes.

Claw pures will be all the rage unless these things get nerfed. Mark my words. The 60 attack, 50 str, 31 prayer pures with claws will stroll around protecting their claws while 1 speccing level 50's with ease. At least with a DDS you have 4 shots at eating out of them, they are inaccurate and often hit low, whereas the claws are incredibly accurate and hit constantly high.

Stating that you need a 100M shield to survive a claw attack does not make the specials OK. To me it serves as ammo to get this thing nerfed.

Some quick calculations:

You assume that PvP'ers pk in 'perfect' gear - alas a 100M shiled to block a claw attack. I am yet to see a 100M shield in PvP.

The claws require 60 attack only, and at lower combat levels the divine shield is out of reach, as would 99 hitpoints.

A pure with 60 attack, 99 strength, 1 def, 52 prayer will gobble up victims using these claws . Thats right, he will be 81 combat hitting mighty 70+'s each hit. Thats enough to spec out most opponants in the same combat range with 2 swipes.

Claw pures will be all the rage unless these things get nerfed. Mark my words. The 60 attack, 50 str, 31 prayer pures with claws will stroll around protecting their claws while 1 speccing level 50's with ease. At least with a DDS you have 4 shots at eating out of them, they are inaccurate and often hit low, whereas the claws are incredibly accurate and hit constantly high.

Stating that you need a 100M shield to survive a claw attack does not make the specials OK. To me it serves as ammo to get this thing nerfed.

You are also making the assumption that you land a perfect hit twice in a row. When it's been seen in but one video so far, with the wielder wearing maybe 30M in gear, not even including the claws.

Notice that one special, even without a DSS, doesn't kill. It only does, as estimated, maybe 97-98 damage. An AGS already does a 2HKO if you assume max specials both times... as can Dharoks.

EDIT: Also...100M shield? LOL

Sell me one. Or five...

You are also making the assumption that you land a perfect hit twice in a row. When it's been seen in but one video so far, with the wielder wearing maybe 30M in gear, not even including the claws.

Notice that one special, even without a DSS, doesn't kill. It only does, as estimated, maybe 97-98 damage. An AGS already does a 2HKO if you assume max specials both times... as can Dharoks.

I am not assuming perfect hits. In videos seen to date, specs above 50 are extremely common - almost expected. Two of these wipes out a 99 stat player, while a medium spec of 60 wipes out another combat 50, 60 hp player in 1 hit.

An Ags is not an option at the combat 50-60 player - even pures and no-one pk's PvP in Dharoks.

The claws will become the only melee weapon worth taking into PvP battle soon. People will not risk 100M items to protect against getting 2 hit.

Claw taggers will also roam PvP eliminating starglers.

Claw tag teams will unleash additional specs on those lucky few who survived 2 specs.

Whips will become a training weapon only - and pk'd with by the unlucky few who cannot get their hands on a set of claws.

I am not assuming perfect hits. In videos seen to date, specs above 50 are extremely common - almost expected. Two of these wipes out a 99 stat player, while a medium spec of 60 wipes out another combat 50, 60 hp player in 1 hit.

An Ags is not an option at the combat 50-60 player - even pures and no-one pk's PvP in Dharoks.

The claws will become the only melee weapon worth taking into PvP battle soon. People will not risk 100M items to protect against getting 2 hit.

Claw taggers will also roam PvP eliminating starglers.

Claw tag teams will unleash additional specs on those lucky few who survived 2 specs.

Whips will become a training weapon only - and pk'd with by the unlucky few who cannot get their hands on a set of claws.

I didn't see a single hit above 50 in any vid so far. Are we watching the same video?

Maxed stats means you have 115 HP + 38 from healing, you get one chance to heal between attacks. That's 153 damage. You need to do above 75 damage for each special attack in order to score a 2HKO. And DDS can hit that high as well... same speed.

You are seriously overrating the claws. Even though there is no set formula known, it seems there is pretty solid evidence that Dragon Claws can not deal much more than double one of the hits.

Also, in regard to your tag teams... may I suggest Prayer? 30% damage cut, without the 300M price tag.

And uhh... sell me a Divine Spirit Shield please. I'll pay 150M. Or 200M.

From your post, it seems you know very, very little about PKing. Claws will become the weapon of choice for melee pures who are fortunate enough to get them. They might be popular among the mid leveled pures as well. At the high levels, using claws as your primary weapon is like using a dds. It's inaccurate, and it's only good for its special. But you can't use claws + whip unless you're willing to risk the claws. The claws won't be a viable weapon unless the price drops a LOT, otherwise, it'll force the PKer to use a cheaper weapon.

As far as big teams go... big deal. One more deadly weapon. They've already got their dragon spears, ice barrage, whips, DDS, everything else. It won't make as big an impact as you think there either.