Does anyone else notice this?

Maleficus1055

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

I have found that well, the more I listen to heavier music, the more mellow everything else seems. For example, two years ago I was into "hard rock". I heard a song by Lamb of God and was like "omfg wtf is this? How can someone's voice be that messed up? This hurts my ears." Now, everything but the most brutal music seems mellow and normal. I can blast anything I currently own at full volume and not even get a slight headache (though I would get a few weird looks). Anyone seem to find this happening to them?

I can blast anything I currently own at full volume and not even get a slight headache

That's called damaged hearing. I wonder what from.

Actually, i've had bad hearing since before I really started listening to much music. I've had to constantly ask people to repeat things 4 or 5 times my entire life. I can't make out whispering or anything at all either, never have been able to.

The same happens with punk. The more you listen to it, the further you can go into the grungier or harder bands. You get used to the style and the sound, so the transition is almost seamless. For instance, I can listen to all but the worst recorded of tracks, because punk bands are exactly known for their recording talent.

And for volume, that is pretty much just hearing damage and being used to it.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

I noticed a while back how the exact same thing you described happened with me, and I thought it was interesting. It's like your perception of what is 'heavy stuff' shifts a bit as well as how high you need to crank the volume.

Also, to the people who said it has to do with damaged / impaired hearing: I can still find other (non-metal music) high-level noises annoying, so it's not as if I'm desensitized to 'noise' in general.

"Metal isn't about violence or faggy whiny lyrics. It isn't even about who plays the heaviest and fastest. It is about invoking a sense of wonder and magnitude that no other genre can depict."

bluarosezk0.jpg

I can blast anything I currently own at full volume and not even get a slight headache

That's called damaged hearing. I wonder what from.

Actually, i've had bad hearing since before I really started listening to much music. I've had to constantly ask people to repeat things 4 or 5 times my entire life. I can't make out whispering or anything at all either, never have been able to.

Well Jesus don't listen to loud music! It's not making it any better, is it?

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

Playing on a drum line for 5 years and having your own drum kit and a band practice in your basement = goodbye high frequencies.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Yeah happens to me (everything seems mellow).

I don't like if people listen to their music too loud, purely because I don't want them to be deaf :/ Because they'll regret it in the future; but supposedly I listen to my music loudly? Which I find is bs, but everyone tells me 'Think about your hearing, it's so loud.' I swear my headphones have mini speakers built in directed to the outside to make it seem like I'm listening to my music really loudly.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I've never understood why anybody decides to blast music from their headphones to the point where I can hear it across a crowded room. It's like a wish to be deaf!

I used to that until my friend told me to turn that [cabbage] off...

I don't think people are aware that others can hear it.

Only fear God,

Know the weapons of the weak,

The weakness of the hard.

Playing on a drum line for 5 years and having your own drum kit and a band practice in your basement = goodbye high frequencies.

Ear plugs do wonders.

And the same thing happens with every type of music. You start listening to the catchy, approachable artists in certain genres. Once you get used to them you're more likely to be able to appreciate weirder or more extreme artists in said genre. Eventually you're able to see the beauty in what would sound like noise to most people. Metal is a classic example, but it does happen with most genres.

Cool.

I've been getting into death metal a lot lately, and I've definitely noticed it. Bands that I once thought were unstructured noise are now casual listening. I think I'm fairly immune to the most brutal of metal so long as it's got decent production and good songwriting.

I think you should start turning down the volume a bit.

I've listned to metal for 12 years, and i still got full hearing.

I'm pretty bored about metal at the moment tho, Satyricon released a crap album, Darkthrone too (i smack myself for saying this), Amon Amarth released a mediocre album...

I feel in touch with time, listening to Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, Bathory... !

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

I still have sharp hearing,and I blast my metal at full volume.Trick is not to listen until your eardrums hurt #-o

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I've never understood why anybody decides to blast music from their headphones to the point where I can hear it across a crowded room. It's like a wish to be deaf!

I used to that until my friend told me to turn that [cabbage] off...

I don't think people are aware that others can hear it.

I'm pretty paranoid about that, so once in a while I'll take my headphones off and hold them away at a distance...If I can still hear the music, down goes the volume.

I was on the subway one time, and this guy was blasting his music...It was as if he wasn't even using headphones. I wonder if he plugged it in right...

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Kinda yea; back in the olddddd days (like 10 years ago) I'd only listen to Klove (god I HATE that station now, such untalented music.) Then I moved on, and got into more and more stuff, and now stuff like Lil' Wayne and Atreyu is what I listen to. I do really like a Marliyn Manson song (Coma White) but I deleted it because I don't believe in his way of... life. (Don't kill me Th3!)

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

• 2 weeks later...

I try to have my Volume just loud enough to hear including others... (Lately that hasn't been happening). Also Unheard when They are around my neck (Hopefully skullcandys will help)

My pure's stats:

str:70

attc:35

def:4

range:72

mage:70

hp:70

I do really like a Marliyn Manson song (Coma White) but I deleted it because I don't believe in his way of... life. (Don't kill me Th3!)

Why should that matter if you still enjoy the song? I've never understood this. Just because I listen to Burzum doesn't mean i support church burnings and murder.

I do really like a Marliyn Manson song (Coma White) but I deleted it because I don't believe in his way of... life. (Don't kill me Th3!)

Why should that matter if you still enjoy the song? I've never understood this. Just because I listen to Burzum doesn't mean i support church burnings and murder.

But there may be some people who listen to Burzum and support church burnings and murder and people class you as one of them. But then, you shouldn't care because you just love the music, don't worry about the dirty looks or the underthebreath murmuring bad things about you.

Rock on. Rock on.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.