20-Jan-2009 Seers Achievement Diary

Toad

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we think of the sword as just food... it is not that bad. In combat situations it seems that there are better alternatives BUT if one were to use it at Pyramid Plunder or an agility course it may be a little more useful. Since this takes the special bar it could be used in tandium with a whip but again you would be substituting it for the special of your dragon dagger or claws.

Granted most players with the levels to complete the hard diary would have access to better alternatives, it still can be pretty useful

Ya its not a pvp speical, but essentially its sort of like a cheap SGS for general uses.

Enhanced Excalibur healing:

+14 def and 12-20 HP over a few seconds

SGS Healing (2 50% specials):

Assuming you hit both times, a min of 20 HP and 10 Prayer and a max of about 50HP and 25 prayer total.

If you were to miss your SGS specials however, Excalibur would actually heal more than an SGS simply because you don't need to hit with Excalibur to heal. And theirs also the fact, like you mentioned, that you don't need monsters around for the Excalibur to heal. And the +14 def boost is nice. You can also use it at places like Avians which you could not use a SGS on.

Its not a full replacement for an SGS, but comes in pretty darn close for general NPC combat. SGS still reigns supreme though on bosses as it is still has the offensive stats of a GS.

dawnsigblue-3.png

If we think of the sword as just food... it is not that bad. In combat situations it seems that there are better alternatives BUT if one were to use it at Pyramid Plunder or an agility course it may be a little more useful. Since this takes the special bar it could be used in tandium with a whip but again you would be substituting it for the special of your dragon dagger or claws.

Granted most players with the levels to complete the hard diary would have access to better alternatives, it still can be pretty useful

Ya its not a pvp speical, but essentially its sort of like a cheap SGS for general uses.

Enhanced Excalibur healing:

+14 def and 12-20 HP over a few seconds

SGS Healing (2 50% specials):

Assuming you hit both times, a min of 20 HP and 10 Prayer and a max of about 50HP and 25 prayer total.

If you were to miss your SGS specials however, Excalibur would actually heal more than an SGS simply because you don't need to hit with Excalibur to heal. And theirs also the fact, like you mentioned, that you don't need monsters around for the Excalibur to heal. And the +14 def boost is nice. You can also use it at places like Avians which you could not use a SGS on.

Its not a full replacement for an SGS, but comes in pretty darn close for general NPC combat. SGS still reigns supreme though on bosses as it is still has the offensive stats of a GS.

SGS essentially allows you to use a 5% or 10% attack/strength prayer during general NPC combat without a cost. SGS still wins by quite a bit... not to mention, for general NPC combat, you likely won't be missing a whole lot with a +132 attack bonus weapon.

The enhanced Excalibur's stats look about on par with a rune scimitar. Since you can get a replacement free, you could pk with it, and risk absolutely nothing. Sure, it's not a great weapon, but I love free items.

Also, according to the Knowledge Base, the seer's headband gives you the chance to get extra arrows when fletching. Can anyone confirm this? I never noticed it mentioned in game.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

A few suggestions:

Walking around the statue: Make sure you don't have anything in your hands (wep & shield spots). Tried several times with staff in hand and nothing, but once I unequipped it then it registered. Others were having the same problem until I suggested that and then it worked for them as well.

Archery tickets: I have over 1k in the bank, but brought 980 thinking I could get the last 20 and call it good. I didn't even need to do that. If you have over 1k in the bank and you talk to him then you'll complete the task.

Tower guards: It took me a few times, but I think the "secret to success" here is to do it all in one go without climbing down the ladder (using the right equpment, of course). I'd also suggest to use prayer and bring plenty (200+?) of iron arrows.

A few suggestions:

Walking around the statue: Make sure you don't have anything in your hands (wep & shield spots). Tried several times with staff in hand and nothing, but once I unequipped it then it registered. Others were having the same problem until I suggested that and then it worked for them as well.

Just needs four clicks around it to work.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

Ever hear of sarcasm??. I even put a roll eyes smiley for the dim-witted amongst us. =D>

We know it's sarcasm... And it's that exact thing that happens to be getting old.

----

I'm glad they brought out yet another achievement diary, adds to my ever growing list of things to do/aim for.

The rewards seem lacking... but, a reward none the less, and I'm sure when I do a bit more flax in the future I will appreciate the quicker speed bonus being an option.

I wonder where the next achievement diary will be placed? :o I got my mind set on Ardougne, because it has so many activities in/around the area.

I'm curious? What's the Lumbridge task that was moved?

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

To be honest, it seems to be like the rewards are underrated. Sure, the hat looks rather lame, and I do wish the lv3 version looked cooler than lv1, that way I'd be able to show off with it, but consider the following:

The New Excalibur Spec is a very good thing. You cant argue with you that. You can now bring excalibur in place of any peice of food and a super def pot, to slayer tasks and the sort, to make use of your special bar to heal you. Special attacks usually dont make much difference in PvM (USUALLY, in the case of bosses theyre obviously far more important.) and thus I can see myself using this a lot as soon as I get used to it.

The other updates however, seem rather useless. That's okay though, because these two matter enough.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

To be honest, it seems to be like the rewards are underrated. Sure, the hat looks rather lame, and I do wish the lv3 version looked cooler than lv1, that way I'd be able to show off with it, but consider the following:

The New Excalibur Spec is a very good thing. You cant argue with you that. You can now bring excalibur in place of any peice of food and a super def pot, to slayer tasks and the sort, to make use of your special bar to heal you. Special attacks usually dont make much difference in PvM (USUALLY, in the case of bosses theyre obviously far more important.) and thus I can see myself using this a lot as soon as I get used to it.

The other updates however, seem rather useless. That's okay though, because these two matter enough.

Actually, Flax is worth 90 gp on the G.E. So that makes about 10800 gp per day. What a wonderful reward!
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Actually, Flax is worth 90 gp on the G.E. So that makes about 10800 gp per day. What a wonderful reward!

While that is true at the moment it won't be for long.

Maples used to be worth alot and if you could be bothered with the effort of selling them u culd make huge money every week via mtk with them.

GE comes, it takes no effort to sell things. Everyone puts mtk onto maples, boom price crash.

This thing is no different really, everyone gets the headbands and therefore free flax, but there's no increase in demand for flax so the price will crash

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

While that is true at the moment it won't be for long.

Maples used to be worth alot and if you could be bothered with the effort of selling them u culd make huge money every week via mtk with them.

GE comes, it takes no effort to sell things. Everyone puts mtk onto maples, boom price crash.

This thing is no different really, everyone gets the headbands and therefore free flax, but there's no increase in demand for flax so the price will crash

Start of the GE was different. People had masses and masses of stuff stored in there bank. Reason being you got 3k+ of maples a week and it was a pain to sell them. Fill in forum post on RSOF, arrange a meeting place, switch worlds, and then finally trade. Hardly worth doing weekly to high level players. However GE arrived and suddenly it was easy to sell stuff. People stuck items in there thousands onto it which caused a huge drop.

This extra flax won't make that much difference. People won't do it daily, people will forget or will have something better to do. I expect it to drop slightly, making fletching more profitable, but then steady out.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

The flax reward isn't as bad as it seems either. It takes about 30 seconds to collect it and gives you 10.8k gp. Thats 1.3M gp/h .

I doubt many people make that...

The flax reward isn't as bad as it seems either. It takes about 30 seconds to collect it and gives you 10.8k gp. Thats 1.3M gp/h .

That's rubbish logic as you can only do it once a day.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Just to show it's worth the time.

2dvjurb.png

Just as much rubbish logic as one stating that I am loosing 500k+/ hour by training a skill because I am not spending that time making money. This is a game and opportunity costs are rubbish.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

Just as much rubbish logic as one stating that I am loosing 500k+/ hour by training a skill because I am not spending that time making money. This is a game and opportunity costs are rubbish.

It's not rubbish logic, it shows that gathering that flax is worth your time. It is the same idea as a herb run.

(It is actually a very good idea to add it to a herb run)

It's not rubbish logic, it shows that gathering that flax is worth your time. It is the same idea as a herb run.

(It is actually a very good idea to add it to a herb run)

No I agreed with the original poster. He had good logic. I was just saying that Merciful's statement was just as ridiculous as people saying that opportunity costs should be equated in skilling costs. If they can do that, then he most certainly can say that doing the flax will net you 1.3m/hour granted it is over a long period of time.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

To make 1m it would take about 3 months going there each day collecting the flax. Although it is good money its not worth the hassle due to the time restriction. Just runecraft an hour doing double nats makes the same.

Do anything that makes 10k within 24 hours. Imo for me it takes a minimum of about 40k to be worth the effort doing a tedious task.

IF you didnt need to wear that stupid hat it be a simple task to collect it but due to having to wear the hat it becomes tedious for the lack of income.

EVEN if it was possible on luna you would need to wear the hat making it too tedious.

Easier to make money other ways that dont have restrictions. Its not good opportunity remember all these 'daily tasks,' it ultimately wastes our time -Fun, xp or gp- doing them constantly instead of something else..

Well I have been pounding out some crafting experience lately and prior to that mainly farming. I usually wear my Varrock Armor and Lumbridge Ring. I can quite easily add in the hat and though I will look rather goofy, a quick stop on my walk from Camelot to Catherby should not put me too behind on my schedule. Changing a hat takes little time and I teleport to Camelot quite a bit through the day. It really is not that big of a hassle and a free 10k/day is never a bad thing.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

gah!

I've tried everything. I cooked, like 20 sharks so far. I tried both ranges.

DO you have to choose "cook:5" instead of all? Do you have to cook 5 in a row?!?

You have the same problem I'm having.

The Cooking task is the only task EVER that requires you to have the actual level. Not counting Prayer tasks.

And I really don't feel like getting 80 cooking.

anyone found a way around this yet? 75 cooking atm and really cba getting 80.

gah!

I've tried everything. I cooked, like 20 sharks so far. I tried both ranges.

DO you have to choose "cook:5" instead of all? Do you have to cook 5 in a row?!?

You have the same problem I'm having.

The Cooking task is the only task EVER that requires you to have the actual level. Not counting Prayer tasks.

And I really don't feel like getting 80 cooking.

anyone found a way around this yet? 75 cooking atm and really cba getting 80.

The way is to stop being lazy and get 80 cooking.

Or use a spicy stew.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!