20-Jan-2009 Seers Achievement Diary

Toad

Ahh... Now i get it.... We're talking about different things. He's talking about doing the task but not getting credit for it, and I'm talking about the content of the task #-o . Never mind what I said before: this diary is very buggy. I had to kill the archers like 3 times in order for it to register, and the elementals the same. My apologies. #-o

I've had no problems, and I'm one task away (100 more lobs, Chef's Delight ftw :thumbsup: )

When you go feather dragon god, you never go back.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All tasks complete here. I already had every skill except fletching, and I got that with a spicy stew. I don't think I'll be using the reward very often, though. That 120 flax a day is slower to get to and no more valuable than running to my cactus patch to pick three spines from it, and I never spin flax, so the speed bonus doesn't help.

The bonus experience for cutting maples is, as it turns out, useless; maples are still slower xp than willows when they're 110 xp each, and the logs are still mostly worthless in the GE. Unless their price quadruples or something, maples are still crap for training woodcutting.

When I tried using the headband to cut normal logs, I got 2 logs from every tree. Either success is based on woodcutting level (I have 99), one inventory is too small a sample size, or the ability works 100% of the time. But either way, normal logs are still not worth chopping once oaks are available. (The experience for chopping 2 logs at once is the same as the experience for chopping 1 log.)

That leaves Excalibur. The Enhanced Excalibur's healing ability seems to have potential. If reports of 20 hp a spec are true, then it's basically a combined super defence pot & void spinner if you give up your dds specs. I guess we'll see; it might be of use in some situations.

Jagex should have pushed the numbers a little harder. The flax should have been twice as much, and the maples should have been +20% xp.

gah!

I've tried everything. I cooked, like 20 sharks so far. I tried both ranges.

DO you have to choose "cook:5" instead of all? Do you have to cook 5 in a row?!?

i think u have to cook 5 in a row, do u have the guntlet equipted?

and tbh seers diary isnt that bad, the enhanced excalibur's special is very good, healing 20hp and acts like a sup def. for a special attack it can be very useful.

bedce0cd19.png

An easy way to do the archery tickets part is to go buy 950 or so tickets in the GE and then go earn the last 50 in the guild. :twisted:

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

The diary tasks are ok, but there are still somethig that bugs me:

1. I don't know why I have to run around the mysterious statue a few times before it registers.

2. They could have worded it clearer that we have to kill the rangers with a normal, wooden longbow.

3. There's no way to distinghuish between the headbands of different levels, I don't want to look like a newb who can only complete the easy tasks.

4. The enhanced Excalibur can't be hung on my POH wall, hope they fix it soon.

5. This is the least rewarding diary, and it happens that this is the least combat-oriented diary. Really shows how much Jagex cares about skills.

2. They could have worded it clearer that we have to kill the rangers with a normal, wooden longbow.

-.- Hated this one soo much, some guy followed me around laughing at em calling me a noob for my fail. :wall:

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

3. There's no way to distinghuish between the headbands of different levels, I don't want to look like a newb who can only complete the easy tasks.

I'm pretty sure the level 3 helmet has three scratches in the top of it whereas the level 1 has only one scratch.

[hide=]
Flax Spinning is much much faster, here are my results from spinning Flax in these 3 towns more to come.

Seers Village Test One: 1 Minute, 2 Seconds.

Seers Village Test Two: 1 Minute, 2 Seconds.

Seers Village Test Three: 1 Minute, 2 Seconds.

Neitiznot Test One: 1 Minute, 8 Seconds.

Neitiznot Test Two: 1 Minute, 9 Seconds.

Neitiznot Test Three: 1 Minute, 10 Seconds.

Lumbridge Test One: 1 Minute, 12 Seconds.

Lumbridge Test Two: 1 Minute, 11 Seconds.

Lumbridge Test Three: 1 Minute, 11 Seconds.

[/hide]

Though it is quite a bit faster, who in their right mind with skills to do the hard part will actually spin flax?

my friend with like 1800 something total did flax til 80 craft because he got strings from his kingdom, i think he made 8-12mil. I do not recall his starting level.

but still, he did it while he watched movies/tv and casually would turn back.

I can do Easy, Medium, and almost Hard (need King's Ransom, 70 Prayer, 76 Fish), but like always, Im waiting for Tip.It to release their great guide.

Cant wait! Will the rewards be Seer's Village Pants? o.O Hope theyre good rewards!

The Runescape Wiki usually has stuff before anyone else, and it's usually top notch stuff. A lot of the time it is Work In Progress, but the basics are there very quickly after release.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

- Falador - Shield with best prayer bonus in the game and fantastic ability to recharge prayer fully (saves a full prayer pot once a day). Unstoppable at Dark Beasts for whippers like me.

I do Dark Beasts and there is no reason to use the shield. Rune Defender owns.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

- Falador - Shield with best prayer bonus in the game and fantastic ability to recharge prayer fully (saves a full prayer pot once a day). Unstoppable at Dark Beasts for whippers like me.

I do Dark Beasts and there is no reason to use the shield. Rune Defender owns.

I use my shield every day when doing the phoenix thing.

One of the most usefull ones for me.

About the Enhanced Excalibur:

The special attack(uses the whole special bar) boosts your defence level in the same way like super defence potion + it heals you 3-5 times for 4hp per healing. That means it heals you min. for 12hp and max. for 20hp. I've tested the special about 25 times and every time it healed me AT LEAST 3 times and THE MOST 5 times. It's a good sword to keep you somewhere for a bit longer :)

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]

Well, I'll make use of excalibur alot more than that stupid falador shield.

But, the rewards still don't fit the requirements by far...

On a side note, the falador diary had to be the worst one by far, I mean 5% extra farming xp and a useless emote item. :thumbdown:

At least they released the relleka diary at the same time. I use them boots everyday. :D

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

If we think of the sword as just food... it is not that bad. In combat situations it seems that there are better alternatives BUT if one were to use it at Pyramid Plunder or an agility course it may be a little more useful. Since this takes the special bar it could be used in tandium with a whip but again you would be substituting it for the special of your dragon dagger or claws.

Granted most players with the levels to complete the hard diary would have access to better alternatives, it still can be pretty useful

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

On a side note, the falador diary had to be the worst one by far, I mean 5% extra farming xp and a useless emote item. :thumbdown:

At least they released the relleka diary at the same time. I use them boots everyday. :D

What do you mean? You can get your 99 prayer back in 2 clicks.

The 'New Key' from the Mourning's Ends quest can now be placed on the key ring.

Interesting. Maybe it has an underlying meaning for an upcoming update, or just intended as easier acces to Dark Beasts.

priest_wiz.png

What do you mean? You can get your 99 prayer back in 2 clicks.

The 'New Key' from the Mourning's Ends quest can now be placed on the key ring.

Interesting. Maybe it has an underlying meaning for an upcoming update, or just intended as easier acces to Dark Beasts.

Easy enough as it is, just pick up a key on your way there.

tbh for the ease of the task the reward fits.

only a few more places that can be done for ach diaries and only a few spots left. legs, quiver, cape, weapon, and necklace spot.

desert, wildy(very unlikely), burthrope/trollheim/gwd/taverley, canifis/burghderott/barrows/port phat, yanille/feldip hills/ ardy/elven lands are my suggestions for the possible spots. i believe the quiver and wildy wont be done but those are the spots that could possibly be done

flamesig.jpg

oo forgot to post here when the update came.

Crystal bows had to be lowered -- people were dying for high priced stuff with them. They protected over godswords... the only things that protected over bows were magic stones, dragonfire shields, and probably the elysian/arcane/spectral/divine spirit shields. Everything else, you'd keep a full crystal bow over. Almost the same thing pretty much for crystal shields. Some people even lured with them I think. Crystal seeds might start crashing -- they'd been going straight up since December 10th or so.

Hunter Brawling gloves improved -- They REALLY needed that, thank god. 45 Black Salamanders did NOT cut it. After I get the requirement for black salamanders I'll have to go check it out... and probably die about 50 times -.-. I've got like 10 hunting brawlers, so thank god. Just gonna be annoying dealing with the pkers at hills.

I'll have to post about the rest later. Wonder what the req for that improved excalibur is to wield...

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

^^OMFG.... They must be talking about the Sailing update :roll:

SICK OF HEARING THIS EVERY FREAKING POST GOD FREAKING DAMNIT

Agreed. If your gonna post sailing every update just log out of the forums and don't post. It's getting repetive and wearing thin.

Ever hear of sarcasm??. I even put a roll eyes smiley for the dim-witted amongst us. =D>

gah!

I've tried everything. I cooked, like 20 sharks so far. I tried both ranges.

DO you have to choose "cook:5" instead of all? Do you have to cook 5 in a row?!?

You have the same problem I'm having.

The Cooking task is the only task EVER that requires you to have the actual level. Not counting Prayer tasks.

And I really don't feel like getting 80 cooking.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]