"Luck" Money.

Lap

What do you guys think about so called "Luck Monkey"?

Example: A level 61 ranger feels up to the challenge of killing a single black dragon, in doing so they recieve a draconic visage as a drop. Said ranger then sells this visage and becomes instantly rich(er).

Not an Example: A level 61 rangers hates black dragons with a passion and decides to slay all of the ones in Runescape for killing them at a lower level. After about 1k kills said player recieves a Draconic Visage. The player then sells this visage to buy better bolts to fuel their passion for dragon hunting.

45,657th to 99 Range 29/09/09 , 41,018th to 99 Mage 13/11/09

rangecapecombined.gif__________________magiccapecombined.gif

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he got lucky :)

---

I don't really think about it, same principles apply to real life anyway, what with things such as the lottery, and the very minimal possibility of Bill Gates coming to my door and giving me all of his $$$.

I don't understand what you want us to discuss here. Luck is luck. Everyone has times where they are lucky and times when they are not. Some people have more lucky times that others. This is also luck.

It's not like I'm going to say I hate the level 61 ranger. They got lucky, they deserve the drop.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

My total amount of luck money amounts to a whopping 170k, one drag skirt drop from irons, thats it.

EDIT: Ok, after re-reading your post, I don't think you count hunting stuff for a long time luck money, but I think all rare drops (visages/hilts/barrows etc) are luck money. Non-luck money will probably be something like D'hide/bones and addy bars from aviasies.

Some people are just WAY luckier than others.

Staurolite.png

I only seem to get drops from the last monster of the assignment.

Yesterday I had 54 irons and the last kill was a d skirt and I was attacked by another iron drag. Since I had some prayer left I killed it and got another d skirt drop. Was extremely lucky.

Just earlier at gargoyles, my last kill of a 183 task was a granite maul, lol.

Any other time, if it isn't a task, I don't get any drops. :P

Actually, probably explains why I haven't gotten an amulet of ranging yet.. :|

1337.jpg

I love "luck" money, it currently accounts for around 90+% of my net worth and propelled me to riches beyond my wildest pre-GWD dreams. But it's not exactly so much "luck" as it is "determination" when you're talking about things like over 2100 GWD bosses soloed and 99 Slayer. Although I will admit to having above average luck in both solo GWD and FFA Corp.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

My best "luck money" was when I was chilling with friends, playing with the flower weps. For a joke, I attacked a guard to see how long it would take for me to kill it. Low and behold, he gave me my first clue ever, which had trimmed addy in it \' . That one clue made me do many many more, and together they were nearly my sole source of income till I got members the second time, lol.

Lets see...The only other "luck money" drop was when I was no iteming in the chaos tunnles for fun. I killed a zammy warrior, and he dropped a rune scim. I used that to get a few more kills before I died anyways :lol:

TheDarkestLight2.jpg

[hide]

Come, be my light.

Mingle with my darkness

May we mix to create

Our own twilight sunset

The dusk breeze

Spreading clouds

On our murky horizon

~Darkpoet837~[/hide]

a lot of my worth is luck money such as;

-ranger boots from random lvl 2

-various party room stuff

-helped my friend get to dks, he askes me to get prime off him -> 64 water tallys

-sgs went up in value 25m since i got it

etc =P

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

The reason some items are so expensive is because they're rare. If people got them a lot they'd be worth less.

jQo2G.png

Signature by Unoalexi.

Tip.it's official signature picture of the quest-cape emote is me.

Fire cape owner since May 17, 2011

runescape is based on luck. Most people's fortune comes from luck. Anyone who boss hunts or pk's gets money from luck. killing monsters is luck. Sometimes you hit a 30, others you hit a zero, the whole game is luck.

2eed07l.png

Tip.It's Official Undercover Agent

Runescape is mainly based on luck, wether you get a rare drop after one kill or 200, it's the same to me personally. 'Have fun with the extra GP' is what i think we should be saying to those who get a big drop off few kills.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Runescape is mainly based on luck, wether you get a rare drop after one kill or 200, it's the same to me personally. 'Have fun with the extra GP' is what i think we should be saying to those who get a big drop off few kills.

Hard to say that to someone who have gotten over 140M in extra cash total (Solo wise for me), when i have not gotten 20M total even..

But yeah your right.

Some people have luck, some people don't.

Example: I've done over 4K Sara boss kills and never had a hilt drop. One of my friends decides to solo his first trip ever, and gets a hilt on his fourth kill.

It's just how it goes :?

Winters Omen.png

5,693rd to 99 Slayer on 10/08/2009

Some people have luck, some people don't.

Example: I've done over 4K Sara boss kills and never had a hilt drop. One of my friends decides to solo his first trip ever, and gets a hilt on his fourth kill.

It's just how it goes :?

Sorry to hear that. You deserv one ;)

I, personally, despise the randomness of the luck system. It infuriates me that noobs go kill TDs in welfare gear (black hides, rune kite, broad bolts) and get claws after 15 kills, when someone like me kills hundreds of them before I see a claw drop.

td2sig.jpg

Luck applies only to short time periods. For all long-term players, luck comes out in the wash.

Exactly if you continue to play the percentages instead of going somewhere one time hoping for a good drop you are much more likely to get it. Someone may get lucky once in the long run the player that is able to get more kills/does more cluese etc will get better items.

britonlongbo.png

I, personally, despise the randomness of the luck system. It infuriates me that noobs go kill TDs in welfare gear (black hides, rune kite, broad bolts) and get claws after 15 kills, when someone like me kills hundreds of them before I see a claw drop.

It can be very frustrating, i remember around 3-4 years ago, duo'ing KQ with a friend, this was at the time KQ was the hardest boss ingame, only second to Jad i think. We did around 100 kills, with no chain's, not even a D2H. Then a friend did some kills, got a chain and two D2H's in a very short time. it's frustrating but it's the way the game works. I think we'd all be very rich if we had a system where you got x drop on kill #x.

But then just think, would you rather have your good luck in RS or have it in real life I'd rather waste all my luck in real life ::'

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^