What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

I need to see Kung fu Panda, Batman and Zohan.

Which sucks because all my friends have seen them and don't wanna see them again.

But last film i saw was The Mummy. Acting was awful, but it was entertaining, and effects were nice. And for a fantasy film, the plot was alright, and it has Yetis in it too. :thumbsup:

But the main female actor ruined it with her diabolical acting and crap accent.

Hey, i just realised i've hit and passed 1700 posts \'

megakillersigbyhawkxsrh0.png

Quit Runescape 30th May 2006.

Thanks to Hawkxs for my signature :)

Kung-Fu Panda - is awesome.

plus 1. That was the movie I watched before Zohan and as panda collector I found that definitely haw-some ;) :)

Kung-Fu Panda is epic! Loved it. Nicely animated and has a good morale to the story.

Disconformity.png

Renaissance: Paris 2054

I was absolutely blown away with this movie. Such beautiful animation.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Better look for Zerkalo. Unbelievable. Solyaris is good as well of course. YOu can't want them all in a week.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Seen loads of movie the past week. But I don't feel like spending lines on that.

Film festival Film By the Sea started again this week. It's 10th year. And the line up sucks. Visitors could choose the best movies from the last ten years. Of course it ended up with a selection dominated by 50 year old lesbians (right, why is the word les bian censored? There is nothing wrong with that word. It's a normal word for two women who are in love. I find the censoring of this word very discriminating. And I'm not even les bian, I'm not even a woman) who aren't into movies but just go to the cinema once a week to see a sentimental scandinavian movie, just because it's interesting to talk about on parties. Good for me that they are also showing some classics. And they have got the Dutch premiere for the new Coen bros. movie. Yay. Me and my friend Tobias went to see it tonight. It's called Burn after reading. And it was 'okay'. It had a lot of great subtleties and good jokes. But against each subtletie and good joke was something obvious and a bad joke. And there was Brad Pitt who was really pathetic in this role. But his hair was really cool. Like I said: it's the details that make this movie worthwile. It doesn't even come close to masterpieces like Lebowski, O Brother, Fargo and No Country, but it's pretty cool for a B-Coen.

21o4pav.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Machine Girl.

DO NOT EVER watch this film unless you have a high tolerance to gore or are easily made to felt sick.

Did have comical deaths though and a drill bra, still what sick mind comes up with this.

Please click below to help with my ICT A Level, for which I have to monitor my website for 8 weeks, hits and feedback welcome.

http://www.chauncystweb.co.uk/sm

Feedback page now up and working.

Agh whats the movie with the hunchback? It's a kids movie. Oh, Igor. It was ok. I took my nephews to it but they fell asleep because it was pretty late.

The Hunchback of Notre Dame?

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Mr. Arkadin Orson Welles. <3: What an incredible start this movie has. Fantastic black and white, crazy angles to describe the state in which the characters are (better known as the "Dutch Angle"). For the rest there is a lot to enjoy as well. The crazy characters, the incredible look of the entire opening, and of course the mysterie that not only counts for the story inside the movie, but also outside. I've seen the Corrinth version, but there are two other versions of this movie, and I'm going to see them later this week.

One Hour With You The last Musical that Lubitsch did for Paramount, and what an excellent one. Originally this movie was planned to be made by Cuckor, and Lubitsch being the assiststant director for this movie (since he had other projects going on), but after reading more about the movie he slowly took over control and re-wrote it as a remake of his silent comedy the Marriage Circle. So, it's Lubtisch in charge now, with Cuckor as an assitstant director ( :D ). And we get what we expect. Nearly every word said or sung in this movie can be interpreted in two ways. The clean way and the dirty way. Also the way that it presents it subject is unique. Never have I seen adultery presented in such cynic but at the same time light way, it's incredible. And only Lubitsch could do this. The actors in the movie are also fantastic, especially Maurice Chevalier, with his marvelous accent. A must see for fans of pre-code Hollywood and especially the Lubitsch lovers among us. :)

21o4pav.jpg

Jumper Pff.

Tropic Thunder Oh, this was really funny. It's a lot of nonsense. But good nonsense. It's completely over the top from the start on and it just keeps getting stranger. How do they make this up? Had a great night at the cinema. Lots of laughs. ::'

21o4pav.jpg

I see that you're appreciating the Tarkovsky movies, Adio. I don't know if you want to do further reading on them, but if you are curious on Tarkovsky's approach to filmmaking and his view on art in general I highly recommend his book/diary Sculpting in Time.

21o4pav.jpg

Blood for Dracula This is a very peculiar movie, it also has a kind of unexplainable attraction to me. But I wouldn't have expected nothing else from a Paul Morrissey film supervised by Andy Warhal. So, it's a version of Dracula. But it kind of ridicules him and it really breaks conventions of the monster. Dracula is a sick, pathetic and vegetarian kind of dracula. He needs to take a journey to Italy to find virgins that he can drink and eat. If he drinks the blood of something else than a virgin he turns green and he needs to puke. Hehe. There's tons of humor in the movie. Lovely girls who woop their breasts a lot (yay) and a hot guy to please them. Udo Kier puts down such a strange preformance, it's like nothing else I've seen before. It's bad, but in the way it's bad it's good but then really good not the "it's so bad it gets fun" kind of bad. If you know what I mean. ;) If you're into this kind of stuff you can't miss it.

After that I opened my Keaton shorts box again and saw two shorts. His Wedding Night and Oh, Doctor! were the two I saw. These are basically Fatty Arbuckle shorts, and have small parts for Buster. This means that it's not so funny, the parts with Keaton are enjoyable, but he isn't at his best here either. Oh, Doctor! obviously is the best of the two. With Keaton playing the son of Fatty who is constantly abused by his father. hehe.

Saturday night we saw Wanted which was pretty enjoyable. It's really a bunch of nonsense, but it's entertaining. Too bad they had to put in some Fight Club elements, that wasn't very good if you ask me.

Sunday morning I saw the Girl can't help it a Frank Tashlin/Jayne Mansfield film. It doesn't seem to have the cartoonish style that I hoped for, but still very much worth seeing. I love the intro and the outro by the actors of the movie. Mansfield her Monro parodie was great as always and the live preformances of the 50s rock and roll stars are cool to see as well.

21o4pav.jpg

Tarantula This has got to be the first sci-fi/horror flick from the fifties that actually delivers what it's poster promises. This movie has got fantastic special effects, if I were in the cinema fifty years ago I would probably leave it with dirty underpants. The way the movie deals with its material is also fairly mature and the players are really natural. There's all kind of nice details within the acting that make this movie really someting special.

The Player Nice. I'm really an Altman fan so I can be happy as always with this movie. His usual structured chaos also runs trough this one. Next to that it's an extremely sharp satire on the business, although it seems more like a late twenties Hollywood schandal than something from the nineties. But that's still enjoyable. Nice openingshot by the way.

Mouchette Well, it's clear where the Dardenne brothers got their inspiration from. For Rosetta at least. The biggest difference is that this movie is a little darker in tone, a little more elegant and instead of being right in the action it goes more as observing. Anyway, I loved it. The ending has got to be one of the best I have ever seen. Bresson. :worship:

21o4pav.jpg