What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

In Bruges What a strange movie! I really did not know what to expect. Hadn't read or heard anything about it. So it was a surpris. In a positive way.

21 Ouch. I never like to say this. But it's incredible what Hollywood is feeding the average moviegoer these days. What an uninspired and fatasyless piece of youknowwhatImean. That money hungry Kevin Spacey was horrible as well, you just can't take him serious in this movie. And what to think of Lawrence Fishburne, also a complete failure. It's been ages since they have done something half decent.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Hellboy II: The Golden Army - Oh hell yeah, my second movie I've been able to see an advanced screening of! It was great of course, can't expect any less than great when Guillermo del Toro is behind it. The only bad part was once again a bad theater experience, who the hell brings a baby to see a movie? God damn I wanted to punch those parents in the [bleep]ing face.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Get Smart - This was 2 weeks ago but it was my most recent movie aside from Kung Fu Panda. This film was sure funny although I would've asked for more.

Heck, put any current/former WWE employees into a movie and I'll watch it.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

Offtopic: Umm, does Metal Gear Solid 4 count as a movie?

Saw Hancock yesterday, pretty good but nothing out of this world.

Saw it:Monday

Charlize Theron was in a bloody revealing suit,come on.But yeah the special effects aren't that fantastically new.And the storyline for the first half was pretty okay,once she revealed "it" I didn't like it that much...The conditional for his weakness is just too...hard to fulfill.

Like Lex is rich,he can pull out Kryptonite anytime he wants,but how are you going to get the 2 together?

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

nwx1xc.jpg

Heima Yes! I could finally see the Sigur Ros concert film! I specially took time for it to see it before I go on holiday. And it was fantastic! The music, the landscapes. The feeling ultimate joy that they manage to bring over. It is fantastic. A must for the Sigur Ros fans, and for those who don't know the band this is a great start! I can't wait for the two concerts I'm going to see this year!

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

The Mutant Chronicles - If you like steampunk, you will love this movie. Also pretty good if you are just looking for an action sci-fi flick.

EDIT: I should mention though that my opinion on this was skewed a ton because I love those sort of storylines. Movie-wise it probably would not be considered to highly. It was low budget and you can tell it was, and it is a movie that needed to not be low budget. A few known actors/actresses in it (you'll recognize two off the bat if you just saw Hellboy II) but there is nothing to write home about there either. The more I think of it I am thinking that only people like me will really like this movie.

EDIT2:

The Rocker - Oh hell yeah, another advanced screening. This one is actually advanced too, it doesn't come out for another month. Having first heard about this movie at noon today, I didn't really have time to think about it before seeing it. I knew nothing about it, and was judging everything entirely on the picture on the ticket, which was of Rainn Wilson holding a guitar in his underwear. Yeah, pretty much expected a not all that great comedy. Who knows, maybe it wasn't all that great but I was too busy laughing to notice. Although once again a great movie experience was ruined by stupid fat [bleep]s who wouldn't shut up the entire movie sitting next to me. Goddamn that was annoying.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Been a long time! Some of my recent watches:

Atonement - I was weary about this one, since I read and loved loved loved the book. That the director was the same of the pitiful Pride and Prejudice and starring Keira Knightley did not aid either. But I was wrong. I couldn't find any fault with the screenplay, the acting, or the directing of this film. Gripping and beautifully shot. It's only a shame I've seen so many of the great actor duo's (Hepburn - Grant, Hepburn - Tracy, Bogart - Bacall) that the chemistry between Knightley and whatshisname seemed nearly non-existant.

The Big Sleep - Having seen about every screwball comedy ever made, I've turned to investigate film noir. This Bogart/Bacall oozes atmosphere, but I did find it a bit annoying that the plot went in all directions. I couldn't follow at all and soon learned that wasn't really possible anyway. Still, definitely worth the watch, again beautifully shot, with a sizzling on screen chemistry between the actors.

My house in Umbria - rented by my housemate, and I'm never sending her to rent a film on her own, ever again. The first half hour was very enjoyable (may be the wrong word, but hey), but then it steadily degrades, to culminate in a completely unbelievable ending. Thank god for Maggie Smith, who performed her usual excellent standard.

The Happening

I wrote a big post explaining my thoughts about this movie and about the other movies of M.Night Shamalayan, but I was interrupted at one point and then I deleted it. No one would have had the patience to read it anyway. :P I'll just say I loved it. 10/10 for story, 9/10 for psychological scare factor, 9/10 for the visuals, 8/10 for acting.

"Metal isn't about violence or faggy whiny lyrics. It isn't even about who plays the heaviest and fastest. It is about invoking a sense of wonder and magnitude that no other genre can depict."

bluarosezk0.jpg

Get Smart

I loved it, was one of the funniest movies (imo) that I've seen for a long time :P

Err can't really remember it that well to say more...

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Monty Python and the Meaning of Life

It was, well...odd. No other way to put it, really. It was funny, of course (some scenes were really hilarious) but at times I guess it was a bit too random for my taste. The musical bits were also kind of dragged longer than necessary in a few places,imo. But it still it was a satisfyingly absurd comedy, like I expected it to be.

Wait what? People actually find that movie funny? Bored the hell out of me.

Anyhow, latest movie I saw was Kung Fu Panda. The secret of ultimate power was a little predictable. People familar with the first TMNT movie probably would've seen it coming to a fair degree. But other than that it was a good laugh; too much of an obi wan v anikan v luke feel at the end though; but whatever.

Don't you dare insult Monty Python. That group's wondrous awesomeness has resulted in...Well, nothing of real importance. Whatever! :cry:

Saw Wanted recently. Thought it was pretty good, but so many cliches. Lotsa shooting, plus Angelina Jolie naked, so it's all good for me.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I saw the following movies with a "it's vacation so I don't want to think" mentality, so forgive me for the easy liking of random shootings and silly funnies.

Wanted- I thought it was extremely corny and was a bit too long.....the end was one of the corniest ending lines I've ever heard...wasn't really that impressed.

O really, I thought Wanted was pretty great. Mainly because I only expected cool fights and tough guy attitudes. Which I certainly received.

The acting was quite good for the shoot-on-sight mentality the movie had. [hide=]and the ending was the icing on the cake, in tough guy attitude style :oops:[/hide]

Superbad - was laughing all the way through this one. Has a lot of funny scenes, good acting and Jonah Hill is bloody awesome.

Mr. Woodcock - Billy Bob Thornton plays a cranky gym teacher. This is all you need to know for guaranteed laughter :oops:

Live! - "What would happen if a network would air a show that's about Russian Roulette", decent attempt to parody the current reality shows.

Babel-good movie, not really a big fan of those kinds of movies, if you've seen it you know what i'm talking about, Crash was a great one though

Ghostbusters-Classic, the last part was hilarious

monoclesmilecopy.jpg

Last night I had myself a little movie marathon

Goodfellas was up to bat first and knocked a home-run for me. This movie I would even classify as better than The Godfather, and I've always been a huge Godfather advocate.

Lawrence of Arabia This movie really struck a chord with me. The filming and acting were absolutely beautiful. This is how color movies should look like. Peter O'Toole gives an absolutely stunning performance that makes you wonder why actors like him don't come around anymore. The best 4 hours of my life.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Last night I had myself a little movie marathon

Goodfellas was up to bat first and knocked a home-run for me. This movie I would even classify as better than The Godfather, and I've always been a huge Godfather advocate.

Lawrence of Arabia This movie really struck a chord with me. The filming and acting were absolutely beautiful. This is how color movies should look like. Peter O'Toole gives an absolutely stunning performance that makes you wonder why actors like him don't come around anymore. The best 4 hours of my life.

Coincidence, I saw Man of La Mancha recently, which is also with Peter O'Toole, and was thinking along the same lines about him...The guy was in all fairness pretty awesome. Of course, I couldn't help but be influenced by my mom who used to be a huge Peter O'Toole fan, and she still is, actually. Anyway, I started watching the movie pretty skeptically seeing as it was a musical and a book adaptation too, but it didn't bore me at all. The songs were fun, the acting amazing and the movie captured the feel of the book pretty well, I'd say (the book = Don Quixote, one of the best books of all time). Oh yeah, and then I went online and checked what other people had to say about this movie, and apparently there were some who didn't like it. I could care less. ;P

"Metal isn't about violence or faggy whiny lyrics. It isn't even about who plays the heaviest and fastest. It is about invoking a sense of wonder and magnitude that no other genre can depict."

bluarosezk0.jpg

Last night I watched Red Beard (aka Akahige) for the first time. I like Kurosawa's films but I'd never gotten around to watching this one. It's not for everyone, a lot of people would be put of by the length (3 hours & 5 minutes) but I enjoyed it. I really enjoyed how the plot drifts from the main plot about the young doctor & his mentor 'Red Beard' into the smaller stories about the patients that they are treating.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)