200M in all Skills

Makilio

What's the mental strategy for every single top player to keep themselfs motivated and determined?

Anyone that wants to achieve a goal that takes thousands of hours should be more worried about mental strategies instead of "physical" strategies. People from sports, etc know this.

• Like 1

What's the mental strategy for every single top player to keep themselfs motivated and determined?

"I've lost everything and everyone  I loved in this world, so I can't lose anymore."

• Like 1

Uberman is a very amateurish strategy. No successful skiller has ever used it with good results. You ultimately end up wasting more time in bed trying to get to sleep than actually gaining Xp.

• Like 1

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

Agilitizing my way to 1,000,000,000xp!
Follow my progress on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/The1Jebrim

Anyone that wants to achieve a goal that takes thousands of hours should be more worried about mental strategies instead of "physical" strategies. People from sports, etc know this.

more coffee or something stronger today?

Sway all day, Butterfly flaps all the way!  tumblr_inline_mp4i2qAGS11qz4rgp.gif

✿ ♥‿♥)

Honestly it's hard for me to gain an understanding of what it was for me. I was an elite athlete in a very demanding sport for a number of years. For me it was a determination and a fascination to improve and to see improvement. Every day I went out and did my training, but I also considered myself a 24 hour athlete - I made sure I made all the right decisions every day in order to achieve my goal which was the Olympics. Sport was an addiction for me, that I am most sure of, but I also loved the sport and what I did. 

My mental strategy wasn't really a strategy, of course you need to think of the best way to achieve your goal but for me it was just about getting to where I wanted to go. I felt very strongly about what I wanted to do and I would stop at nothing to get there. 

Swarlly.png

Honestly it's hard for me to gain an understanding of what it was for me. I was an elite athlete in a very demanding sport for a number of years. For me it was a determination and a fascination to improve and to see improvement. Every day I went out and did my training, but I also considered myself a 24 hour athlete - I made sure I made all the right decisions every day in order to achieve my goal which was the Olympics. Sport was an addiction for me, that I am most sure of, but I also loved the sport and what I did. 

My mental strategy wasn't really a strategy, of course you need to think of the best way to achieve your goal but for me it was just about getting to where I wanted to go. I felt very strongly about what I wanted to do and I would stop at nothing to get there. 

I see beliefs and mental strategies listed there. You might not be aware of it since it's an automatic (unconscious) proccess to you. I mean, some people don't know how they motivate themselfs to stand up from bed. Yet most people just start by insulting themselfs in a inner voice and make horrible pictures of consequences if they get late and just intensify them over and over again, until it feels too bad to stay at bed and finally stand up. And then they say they hate leaving bed and love sleeping - no surprise!

When you thought about going out and do your training, what did you do internally right before? You needed to motivate yourself to do it, how did you do it? You believed that you were an "24hour athlete" - that's a good thing to believe. Most people just believe they suck and never go too far. How did you make the decisions? 

To feel so strongly about it, you had to put pictures in a certain place and probably hear your inner voice in a very motivational tone whenever you thought about it. I've helped some people get motivated to RS before. When they told me how their inner voice sounded... well, it was worse than Mickey Mouse tone of voice! I bet yours and every other top player inner voice is much different.

• Like 2

Uberman is a very amateurish strategy. No successful skiller has ever used it with good results. You ultimately end up wasting more time in bed trying to get to sleep than actually gaining Xp.

So what is the better or best sleep strategy? Don't leave it hanging. 

The best strategy to avoid burnout is simple, you have to love the game. Micky mouse inner voice isnt going to work im afraid.

If you want to love RS, just think about something you love already and replace the picture by one related to RS.

Yup, getting the state of what psychologists call "falling in love" is not that special.

Anyway, it might take a way more than loving something or someone in order to not burn out from it. Excuse me, I loved my ex and I still broke up with him.

If you want to love RS, just think about something you love already and replace the picture by one related to RS.

Yup, getting the state of what psychologists call "falling in love" is not that special.

Anyway, it might take a way more than loving something or someone in order to not burn out from it. Excuse me, I loved my ex and I still broke up with him.

Mmmm, I love siphoning these nodes!

stop pming me plz

The best strategy to avoid burnout is simple, you have to love the game. Micky mouse inner voice isnt going to work im afraid.

People generally use one of two strategies. Large periods of awake time, say 30-80 hours in one go, followed by 6-12 hours of sleep, and repeat. I personally find this to be much harder than is necessary though.

My personal strategy is to stick to a 24-hour rotating schedule where my awake time and sleep time adds up to 24 hours and where if I want to put in more hours, I decrease my sleep time. This is different from the strategy of just staying up a very large number of hours and then sleeping normally. So, for example, something like 22 hours awake every day with 2 hours sleep every day.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

People generally use one of two strategies. Large periods of awake time, say 30-80 hours in one go, followed by 6-12 hours of sleep, and repeat. I personally find this to be much harder than is necessary though.

My personal strategy is to stick to a 24-hour rotating schedule where my awake time and sleep time adds up to 24 hours and where if I want to put in more hours, I decrease my sleep time. This is different from the strategy of just staying up a very large number of hours and then sleeping normally. So, for example, something like 22 hours awake every day with 2 hours sleep every day.

How long can you sustain this for though? I think to really plan out your sleeping long-term you need to know exactly how much sleep you need per night to still function the next day without being too exhausted to just crash, which is of course different per person. I do like the idea of always waking up at the same time everyday, structure is important.

imp7C.jpg

(22:28:44) <@Leik> LE INTORNUTZ SPEEK xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Mish.png

Yeah, I don't think I could sustain myself on a couple hours of sleep a day, particularly when the activity isn't very adrenaline-inducing.  I mean most of grinding is just click click click without too many challenges or surprises.  Maybe other people have a lot of caffeine or other methods that work for them though O.O.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

You could put up with 22 hours awake then sleeping for 2 hours a lot longer than you would think with enough will power.

I guess yeah it depends on your will power. At this stage though are we going to see more people breaking marathon achievements or are we going to see a decline since most rank 1 achievements are either completed, or in the spectrum of weekly/monthly records, hard to beat. 

imp7C.jpg

(22:28:44) <@Leik> LE INTORNUTZ SPEEK xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Mish.png

You could put up with 22 hours awake then sleeping for 2 hours a lot longer than you would think with enough will power.

I guess yeah it depends on your will power. At this stage though are we going to see more people breaking marathon achievements or are we going to see a decline since most rank 1 achievements are either completed, or in the spectrum of weekly/monthly records, hard to beat. 

Well theres tons of weekly and monthly records that can be so easily broken. Look at Woodcutting. With bonus xp you could beat the month record in 300 hours (this is less than 12 hours a day) and the week record in less than 100 hours, Just no one tries. Only time we will see anyone break any marathon achievements will be with new skills and the few records that can still be broken on runetracker.

other records that can be broken with ease:

80m firemaking week

181m firemaking month

40m mining week (wouldnt be as easy but still not that hard)

100m mining month

74m hunt week

149m hunt month

95m con week

I guess thats all of them. most except con require bonus xp.

How long can you sustain this for though? I think to really plan out your sleeping long-term you need to know exactly how much sleep you need per night to still function the next day without being too exhausted to just crash, which is of course different per person. I do like the idea of always waking up at the same time everyday, structure is important.

It's probably not sustainable for more than 2 weeks max. If you want something more long-term, scale it down a bit. It's possible to maintain 20 hours awake, 4 hours asleep for months. 5-6 hours sleep is more bearable and is what Drumgun did for years with occasional periods dropping to 3-4 hours sleep a day, such as when he was setting some of his best records or racing to 99 Divination.

fd5716c8af.png

200000000.png

To be honest many people who work and go to school only get 4-6 hours of sleep.  I personally get 6 hours of sleep during the school year, i should get more but honestly im not even tired throughout the day and don't feel tired until i go to sleep, which leaves me with 6 hours of sleep.  4 hours seems difficult but ik there are people that sustain that who arent gamers.  Many people have crazy work schedules or just happen to stay up late

I row (crew) and consistently run on 3/4 hours sleep a night with 5/6am starts for 1st  training session, but that's keeping myself active for multiple hours a day. I couldn't imagine sitting in front of a computer for those huge amounts of times.. I get bored of programming after a few hours. 

buzz_knight.png

buzz_knight.png

I have to sit down 99% of the time I work. And I choose to work around 15 hours per day (including weekends). If you can tolerate something, you can choose to tolerate anything you want. Some people tolerate laying down in bed at least 10 hours per day.

• Like 1